Chapter 8

Shadows of the Dark

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"Yup...that will be it. Just stop all the operations and I will answer for it...Yup, thanks."
 
Doojoon ended the call and slumped on his seat. Will Yoseob be happy now? Just as he started wondering, someone knocked on his door.
 
"Come in."
 
Yoseob slowly walked into the room and closed the door behind him.
 
"I heard that you were looking for me."
 
"You didn't answer my text..."
 
Yoseob sighed, "If you ask me here just to tell me that, Gikwang was over at my house till morning. I'm leaving."
 
“Wait!”
 
Doojoon jerked up from his seat. Yoseob stopped and turned back and faced Doojoon. Yoseob didn’t have a good night sleep as Gikwang was crying nonstop throughout the night. He couldn’t sleep knowing that his friend was practically bawling his eyes out for another guy. Yoseob was exhausted and pissed. He wanted to find Dongwoon and talk things out, but Doojoon was stopping him, and Yoseob was on the edge of snapping on him.
 
“What else do you want, President-ssi?”
 
Doojoon was a little taken back by Yoseob’s formality. He knew that once Yoseob was in a serious mood, he will use formality and he also knew that Yoseob was not someone to play with when he gets angry.
 
“I…I just want to tell you, I did what you wanted. I stopped all the things you want me to stop. I’m no longer threatening Lee Joon and Hyuna for money due to their tattoos, I stop threatening Mr. Kim with the relationship with one of the students and I also stop collaboration with the principal and told him that our student council will do no dirty jobs anymore.”
 
“Wait…you did..what…? , I’m late. Doo, can I talk to you later? I have something to take care of right now.”
 
Yoseob turned and was able to leave the room when Doojoon ran and grabbed his elbow.
 
“I did everything you wanted, why are you still rejecting me?”
 
Doojoon was scared that after all his sacrifice, Yoseob is still not going to accept him.
 
“Look, I didn’t say I was rejecting you. But can we place talk about this later? I have to go help Gikwang t-“
 
“Gikwang Gikwang Gikwang Gikwang! Everything is Gikwang! You only care about him! You said you stopped loving him! So why are you still so concerned about his life!?”
 
That did it, Yoseob snapped. He lost all his patience of wanting to talk to Doojoon nicely after getting back from Dongwoon’s class, he was too tired from lack of sleep and his body felt so exhausted from all these nonsense he is going through that he just feel like collapsing on the ground right now. Yoseob shook off Doojoon’s hand and walked towards the door. He tilted his head to the side slightly, allowing the president to look at his side face.
 
“I don’t have to report everything to you. You don’t have the right to control my private life, Sir. Who are you to even concern yourself with my matters? You are not even my boyfriend, Yoon Doojoon.”
 
And Yoseob walked out and slammed the door shut. Doojoon heard stomping of feet away from the door until he couldn’t hear anything anymore. He slumped on the ground, covering his face as Yoseob’s words rang in his ears.
 
“…What have not done enough…? Seobie…in the end…you still chose him and not me…”
 
Yoseob ruffled his hair in frustration. He admits that he was really moved by what Doojoon did for him. But now is not the time for romance, he have to help his friend first. And to make things right, Yoseob did used to love Gikwang. But Gikwang rejected him and told him,
 
“Seobie…We are too alike, too much alike that it is impossible for us to be together. In order to understand each other, you have to be similar to one another. But to love each other, you have to have some differences. And the differences between us, is nothing.”
 
Yoseob had given up on Gikwang since that day. He knew he will never get Gikwang in the romance yet. And forcing each other will not result in happiness, so why carry on torturing himself. Yoseob still love Gikwang as a good friend, a really close friend but nothing more. He wanted to explain to Doojoon that he was just helping Gikwang out with his crush, but why must he is so fluttered over Doojoon?
 
“Aish…! I said to give him a chance, but give in to him…! Ahhh, Yang Yoseob, get a grip on yourself…! Don’t let him get you so easily, he will take it for granted…!”
 
Yoseob sighed in frustration before running towards Dongwoon’s class.
 
---
 
“Oppa! Are you free? Want to go catch the new movie in the theatre?”
 
Sohyun and Hyuna hopped towards Dongwoon’s seat. Only a few students are left in class as lessons had ended. Junhyung left early, stating that he was not feeling well and wanted to go home and rest. Hyunseung didn’t go to school and Dongwoon knows that Junhyung just wanted to excuse himself from school so that he could go find Hyunseung. Dongwoon knows everything about Junhyung, they were such close friends since young.
 
“Sure, but I have something on today. How about watching it tomorrow?”
 
Dongwoon sent both of them a wink, stunning both of the girls. Sohyun had a crush on Dongwoon since the first day of school and Dongwoon knows. Since he was finding for a new girlfriend, why not start from a girl that likes him? Maybe Sohyun is a good choice she seems like a good girl.
 
“…S-sure oppa! Can I h-have your number so I can text you…?”
 
Sohyun knew the high chances of her getting rejected for wanting his number, but she wanted to try her luck.
 
“Sure.”
 
Dongwoon took a pen from his bag and grabbed onto Sohyun’s tiny hand. He wrote her number onto her palm and gave her a charming smile.
 
“Just send me a text later on.”
 
Sohyun held onto her hand dearly, looking like she going to cry anytime.
 
“S-sure…Bye oppa! See you later!”
 
Sohyun ran out of the class with Hyuna chasing after her. Dongwoon’s smile dropped and he slumped on his seat. He felt so tired with putting a mask on. It was obvious he was biual but yet he has a stronger homoual side. He knew he can’t deny the fact that Gikwang was taking out his heart. He sighed and placed his head on the desk, thinking about last night again.
 
Suddenly a knock on his table made him jumped up on his seat. Yoseob stared down at him with his arms folded in front of him. Yoseob tilted his head and signaled for Dongwoon to follow him. Dongwoon stood up from his seat and followed Yoseob out to the hallway. Yoseob slowly lead Dongwoon towards the roof in silence. Yoseob phone vibrated in his pocket, he took it out and read the text Gikwang sent him.
 
To: Seobbie
From: Kiki
 
Seobbie-ah, where are you? Gayoon said you went to find Doojoon and left angrily, what happened?
 
Yoseob rolled his eyes at the mention of Doojoon and sent a quick reply, telling Gikwang that he will find him in the council room later, he will be settling some stuffs with Dongwoon at the roof. Gikwang, on the other hand, read the text when wide eyes and frozen body.
 
“OH MY GOD, WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO DONGWOON?!”
 
Gikwang, being the always composed and calm secretary, shocked everyone by screaming out loud. He realized his loud voice and bow in apology to the members in the council room. Dongwoon is the one and only person who can make him lose his cool.
 
“Gayoonie, help me cover up. I need to find Yoseob, he seems upset.”
 
Gikwang made an excuse to Gayoon and ran towards the roof. Yoseob left the roof door opened as he stood in the middle of the roof. Yoseob faced Dongwoon with a straight face. He sighed and once again folded his arms in front of his chest.
 
“I don’t know why the you rejected Kiki and he might not have the courage to ask for the reason, but I would want to listen to your excuse for rejecting him. Why the did you reject him? Are you homophobic?”
 
Dongwoon looked down on the ground as he thought if he should tell Yoseob. He knew he should, he owes Gikwang a reason.
 
“I…I just can’t. It’s against the norm to love a boy, no…?”
 
“So you admit that you are homophobic, eh?”
 
Yoseob spoke through gritted teeth while he was trying to calm himself down. He didn’t want to hurt Dongwoon. Not when Gikwang will know that it was his doing. Dongwoon shook his head softly before speaking to the ground instead of Yoseob.
 
“Ani…I’m not allowed to be a homoual…I wouldn’t be allowed…”
 
Yoseob knew there was something with Dongwoon’s answer. And it can hear footsteps nearing the stairs of the roof. He knew Gikwang would sure come find him, he wouldn’t feel at ease knowing that Yoseob will hurt his dear boy.
 
“What do you mean by not allowed?”
 
“I…I…-“
 
“Dongwoon-ah, just answer me one question,” Yoseob saw at the corner of his eye that Gikwang was standing at the side of the doorframe, eavesdropping on them.
 
“Do you like Gikwang?”
 
Dongwoon froze when he heard the question. Should he tell Yoseob the truth? Does it matter whether Yoseob knew the truth? Will Yoseob be able to help him, help them?
 
“…Y-yes…”
 
Gikwang covered his mouth to muffle the cry trying to escape his lips. Yoseob smirked when he saw Gikwang’s actions.
 
“Then why the did you reject him? Are you stupid?”
 
“I…I…”
 
“OH MY GOSH, CAN YOU STOP BEING SO WISHY-WASHY. WHAT’S WRONG?!”
 
Yoseob snapped at Dongwoon, seeing how Gikwang had dropped his hands to the side, thinking that it was something about him that Dongwoon couldn’t accept. Dongwoon covered his head with his hands, as an act of protecting himself.
 
“I’m not allowed to love a boy…My parents wouldn’t allow it…I grew up with them telling me that every single day. Reminding me that homoually is a sin, a sin that they will never forgive…I will never be allowed to love a male…”
 
“And you think that Gikwang will leave you once you tell him about your parents?”
 
Gikwang grabbed onto the doorframe, looking at Dongwoon’s back with pain across his whole face.
 
“…He wouldn’t even accept me if he know he has to go through all these things with my parents…He wouldn’t even find me worth the pain, worth the trouble to go through all these just to be with me…”
 
“…Woonie…You have not even asked me, and you made the decision that I’m not strong enough…?”
 
Dongwoon froze and turned his head slowly, looking at Gikwang with wide feared eyes. Dongwoon was cursing loudly in his heart. He didn’t want Gikwang to know. He didn’t want Gikwang to know that the reason that he rejected him was because of his parents. He didn’t want Gikwang to think that he was willingly to let him go because he treasured his parents more. He treasure Gikwang too, but he treasures his parents too. Dongwoon was in lost…not knowing how to tell Gikwang about his feelings.
 
“I…I don’t want to let you get hurt…I don’t want to let you face such things…You can be happy with another guy…A guy who could love you openly, who could boast about you to all his friends, his family, and everyone he knows…But I can’t…I-“
 
Gikwang didn’t want to hear all these nonsense from Dongwoon. He ran towards Dongwoon, tiptoed and placed his lips on his. Distinctly, Dongwoon pulled Gikwang closer by wrapping his arms around his waist and closing the distance between their bodies. Gikwang hooked his arms around Dongwoon’s neck, smiling into the kiss. Gikwang broke the kiss and pressed his forehead on Dongwoon’s.
 
“I want to get hurt, because it’s for you. You will fight this battle with me, so I’m not scared. I want to get your parents to approve us so that you could boast about me to your friends, to them and to everyone around you. I want to tell the whole world that you are mine, you got that, Sohn Dongwoon?”
 
Gikwang smiled and looked into Dongwoon’s eyes.
 
“But-“
 
Gikwang bit on Dongwoon’s upper lip, not wanting him to continue saying the things he didn’t want to hear.
 
“No buts.”
 
He placed a soft peck on Dongwoon’s lips once more before looking around and found that Yoseob was gone.
 
“Where is he?”
 
Dongwoon shrugged and scanned the whole roof with Gikwang in his arms.
 
Yoseob kicked open the student president room’s door and stomped into the room with a confused Doojoon staring at him.
 
“Yah, Yoon Doojoon, I hate you.”
 
Yoseob pouted.
 
---
 
Hyunseung got up from bed, checking his phone to see if he has any notifications. He was shocked to see the time and jumped up his bed.
 
“AHHHHHHHH!!!”
 
Geurim came running into his room after hearing that scream.
 
“What happened oppa, what happened????”
 
“Why didn’t you wake me up?! I’m late for school!!!! Zico is going to kill me for missing school!!!!”
 
Hyunseung opened his wardrobe and took out his uniform. Geurim took the uniform away from his hands and put them back. Hyunseung was stunned on spot, not knowing why did Geurim putting his uniform back into the wardrobe.
 
“Zico oppa told us to let you rest for today. You collapsed in school yesterday, why didn’t you tell me and umma? We were so worried after receiving Zico’s call.”
 
“…Ah…I…didn’t want you to get worried about me…”
 
Hyunseung scratched his head awkwardly. He was not used to having his family caring for him. But since that incident, Geurim made Hyunseung sit down and listened to her. How she know their parents were biased towards her, how she felt bad and she would always scold her parents when they treat Geurim better than Hyunseung. She told him she really love him as a brother and really want to care about him and be a good sister. Hyunseung slowly accepted them, slowly accepted the feeling that he was still a part of this family. He slowly opened up and tells Geurim and his parents things about himself. His parents talked to Zico and knew how Hyunseung was suffering throughout these years and they wanted to make it up to him.
 
“Oh, Oppa, there was a man called Junhyung called just now. He said to remind you of the…’date’ you have today.”
 
Hyunseung was horrified that Junhyung even knows his house number. How much does Junhyung knows about him…? Why is Junhyung so concerned over Hyunseung? Is it because of Yongguk? Hyunseung felt loved yet scared by this overwhelming feeling Junhyung was giving him.
 
---
 
A/N: kekekeke I just made Junhyung sound like a 24/7 saseng stalker. XD kekeke! Sorry for the really really really really really really late update. One, stupid time of the month made me have major writer’s block. Two, I was so junseung deprived I couldn’t write. ;~~~~; three, I keep changing this chp plot for it was so boring. ;~~~; im sorry for a boring chp, I have no choice, I need to get it over and done with. Kekeke!
 
Next chp: Junseung’s meeting, Dooseob’s confession. XD anneyonggggg~ /off to write junseung uniform . XD