Chapter 7

Shadows of the Dark

 

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Hyunseung sat up on his bed, buckets of perspiration rolled down his . He was panting slightly from the nightmare he just got up from. His bed sheets were all wet and felt all sticky and smelly. He got up and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. He thought back the past again.
 
---Continued flashback from Chp 6’s past---
 
The two boys were waiting anxiously outside the operation room. Zico and Minhyuk ran around contacting Yongguk and Himchan’s family while Yukwon was staying with the blanked out Hyunseung who was too shocked by what happened to even have any expression on his face. The scene of Himchan’s hand sliding out of his grip kept replaying in his mind. He was too tired and scared, and exhausted and frightened to care about what was happening around him. He looked up to the lighted sign with big red words – Operating in Progress. He knew he was not a real Christian, he can never be one with all the sins he made. But he prays, prays that Yongguk and Himchan will go through this, he asks God if he could be the one lying down there instead of them. He should be the one lying in there, not them.
 
Yongguk adopted parents came shortly after Zico’s call to them. Zico told them what happened over the phone and Mrs. Yong was crying from the moment she heard the news. She sent a private jet over to Japan to fetch Yongguk’s brother back to Korea. Hyunseung was scratching his wound, he was feeling the stabbing pain on his heart and he wants to relieve it. The healing wound tore open again. Yukwon tired pulling Hyunseung’s hands apart, but he wouldn’t budge. Mrs. Yong saw what Hyunseung was doing, so she approached the boy and squatted down in front of him. She wrapped her hands around Hyunseung’s. Hyunseung stared at her with wide eyes, not recognizing who she was at first.
 
“Stop it, son. Remember, you are sitting here because Himchan and Yongguk risked their lives to save you. Treasure what you are given, all right son?”
 
After realizing that Mrs. Yong was Yongguk’s mother, Hyunseung got down on his knees, looking at Mrs. Yong with guilt-filled eyes.
 
“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…I’m sorry…”
 
Hyunseung kept shaking his head, mumbling words of apologizes and looking around in anxiety.  Yukwon and Mrs. Yong pulled him up back on the seat. Mrs. Yong patted on his shoulder and told Yukwon to take good care of him before going to sit beside Mr. Yong at the back few seats. A man with jet black hair and big black sunglasses covering his face joined the two adults by the back row in a few hours later. All of them had a worried expression on their faces, waiting for Yongguk and Himchan to come out safely.
 
Yukwon had just put down the call from Zico and Minhyuk. Both of them were getting questioned by the police of what actually happened up in the roof. Yukwon was told to take Hyunseung down with him later after Yongguk and Himchan were out of the operation room. When Yukwon put his phone back into his pocket and was about to tell Hyunseung about it when he sees a hand come flying towards his friend’s cheek and a loud slap echoed the corridor. Yukwon stood up and shouted at the man for his action. So it end up that the guy was Himchan’s brother, Hyun Joong. The man was crying and pacing up and down in front of the operation door. Just at that time, the operating doctor got out of the operation room. Everyone stood up from their seats and waited for the doctor to say something. Hyun Joong went up to doctor and grabbed his shirt.
 
“Doctor, please tell me Himchan is all right!”
 
The doctor pushed his hands away and spoke at a moderate volume so that both parties’ family and friends present could hear him.
 
“They are both out of danger, don’t worry. Kim Himchan-ssi had a slight concussion on the back of his head but the blood clod has slowly started to disperse. He will wake up soon.”
 
Hyun Joong sighed in relief and went to the side to call his parents who were overseas waiting anxiously for news and his best friend, Yoon Doojoon. Hyunseung staggered his way to the doctor, looking at the doctor with plreading eyes.
 
Yukwon spoke for Hyunseung, “Doctor, how is Yongguk then?”
 
The doctor hesitated a little before speaking, “Is Yongguk-ssi a sportsman?”
 
“No, but he is a dancer.” Mr. Yong replied the doctor.
 
“Ummmm…I’m sorry to tell you all, but he wouldn’t be able to dance anymore. He hit a nerve one his spine which resulted in him not being able to move as agile as he was before.”
 
“…Will he be paralyzed…?” Mr. Yong replied with deep frowns.
 
Oh, no, no. Don’t worry he will be able to walk normally after treatment and therapy. But he wouldn’t be able to dance anymore. Yongguk-ssi also injured his left arm when he landed from the impact of protecting Himchan. He will be moved into the same room with Himchan, but please let them rest until they wakes up naturally. The nurse will inform you when it’s time to see them.”
 
“Thank you, Doctor.”
 
All of them bowed to the doctor as he returned the bow and words of politeness before excusing himself. Yukwon called Zico and both of them had to get their statements recorded. Both the boys walked to the Yong family and bowed before leaving. The man in sunglasses, Junhyung, stared at Hyunseung through his black glasses as the lifeless doll accidently banged onto the upcoming man, Doojoon.
 
Hyunseung was mumbling incoherent words on the way down.
 
“Hyunseung-ah, they are fine now…So why are you still so guilty?”
 
Hyunseung shook his head, “No…no…no…Yongguk had the chance to be the best dancer…He had the chance to go overseas….Mr Jae (dance teacher) told Yongguk last month that he got into the school of dance academy in Japan…The prestigious dance school in Japan…It’s all my fault…It’s my fault that Yongie couldn’t get in…No……!”
 
Hyunseung cursed and pressed Yukwon towards the lift’s wall. Yukwon groaned at the pain on his back and tried to push Hyunseung away, but that boy was too strong for him.
 
“Kwonie…Do you think it’s possible if I gave Yongie my legs? So he can dance again…?”
 
“Don’t be stupid, hyung! He injured his spine that’s why he can’t dance!”
 
Yukwon shouted at Hyunseung. He was furious. Yes, he blames himself for what happened to Yongguk and Himchan, but it was an accident. No one wanted it, and even until now, Hyunseung still cared for Yongguk so much when the one and only man Yongguk love is Himchan. Yukwon left sorry for Hyunseung, he don’t want his hyung to be like this. His hyung deserved to be loved, deserves a better life and a happy ending, not giving sacrifices and thinking of ending his life.
 
Hyunseung was shocked by the sudden outburst of Yukwon’s anger. The younger boy rarely gets angry, Hyunseung have never seen so much anger in Yukwon’s eyes before.
 
“You, stop thinking about Yongguk and think a little for yourself. You deserve to be happy, and not be so guilty to the point where you even want to sacrifice your future for him. If you continue being so ridiculous, I’m telling Zico to bring you home right now.”
 
Hyunseung took a step away from Yukwon and shook his head again. Hyunseung looked down on his feet like a kid who was scolded by his mother for coming back with a new shirt stained with mud. Yukwon sighed and took Hyunseung’s hand in his as the lift got to the Lobby floor.
 
---
 
Hyunseung came out the bathroom and got dressed. He didn’t want to think about how Yongguk suicidal Yongguk got after waking up and not feeling anything on his legs. He sat on the small sofa chair that was facing his computer desk and his window. He looked out of the window and looked at the full moon on the sky.
 
Yongguk refused to see anyone except for Himchan after knowing that he couldn’t dance anymore. Himchan got into the room and hugged Yongguk, telling him he is sorry for dragging him down with him. Yongguk cried into Himchan’s chest, telling him that he never regrets saving him but he hates what he is now. He finds himself nothing but useless, finds himself losing the purpose in life, not being able to see a future. He tells Himchan that he is free to go, find a new boyfriend, a new lover, someone who is more useful than him. Himchan cried and tell him he will never leave him. He will never stop loving Yongguk. Hyunseung was standing by the glass window, witnessing the true love between the lovers. He placed his palm on the glass, placing his head on the glass with tears streaming his face and whispering – I’m sorry Yongie. Blame it on me. Blame it on me, please. I will feel better this way...
 
Since that day on, Hyunseung and his friends disappeared from the couple’s life. All of them changed their numbers and the lovers never knew where they lived as they never did tell them. No one knows where Hyunseung and co was, until Junhyung found him. Hyunseung had been a different person since then. He took on all the blame, telling himself that he has to be a cold hearted person that will never believe in such a ridiculous thing called love. He started dancing in Zico’s new club, slowly finding back his passion for dance. He used dance to drown himself away from the reality, so that he could escape the reality that he didn’t want to face. He had secretly tried to kill himself, but he was always caught before he even success in dying.
 
(A/N: I know I kept changing the time. Sorry if it’s confusing, but I had to. :x this part is him in the current time zone) He his computer to check his email inbox. He saw the list of emails sent to him by an anonymous sender from the day he started college, his new life. The sender has always known what he was doing. It was like…the person was his personal stalker. When he got back home late from Zico’s club, he would email him and Hyunseung will receive a notification on his phone. The email will be telling him to sleep early or remember to set the alarm before sleeping so that he wouldn’t oversleep the next morning. That was the only times when Hyunseung felt himself getting loved by someone he doesn’t know and he found himself slowly getting trapped in his stranger’s trap. All of a sudden, he received a new email in his inbox from that same person.
 
From: Unknown
 
Hi, so I guess you finally knew who I am now…Please, talk to me…I know this is too much for me to ask, but please, meet up with me tomorrow…
 
Lightless;

Hyunseung stared with wide eyes as he saw the name stated at the end of the email...so it was Junhyung since the start...? So it was his seatmate who was Yongguk's brother who was the cause of his guilt...?

"If he knew from the start...but why..why did he not blame me...Am I allowed to let it go after telling myself that I should blame it all on me...?"

Hyunseung sighed as he got on his bed, lying down and actually falling asleep when he thought of Junhyung's words in all the emails that he used to comfort him in nights like this...

So will Hyunseung start to give himself a break? Will Hyunseung meet up with Junhyung? Why does Junhyung want to meet up with Hyunseung? Stay tuned for Dooseob in the next chapter! And Yoseob and Dongwoon's meeting after class!
 
---
 
A/N: I made a really small appearance of Doojoon, because he is not important here…yet. :x hint hint. XD kekeke! From this chp on, everything will be in a more…light and fluff tone. Kekeke~ so…bear with me. ;A; im sorry for the angst in the previous chps! :D I’m sorry if u didn’t receive any replies from me for my fics…I…I’m a really lazy person. ==; kekekeke~ I tend to forget to reply and by the time I wanna reply, Its time for me to post up my next chp…so u know…it adds up n I bcm really lazy to reply from the start n its unfair to reply those in front only…OTL but I reply all questions/comments/critics in twitter! :D feel free to ask mi there. XD kekeke! I’m sorry…OTL ;A;