Chapter 6 (Part I)

Shadows of the Dark

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

A/N: Watch the video first k? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpVEjJxcv8

Gikwang felt all the alcohol drain off his blood in an instant when he registered what he just said out loud. He looked into Dongwoon’s eyes with fear, waiting for a reaction from the younger boy.

“…Hyung…I…” 

Dongwoon tighten his grip on the empty beer can. Gikwang felt himself turn pale as he sees the hesitation in Dongwoon. He stood up rapidly from the couch as tears were at the urge of falling down his eyes as he looked at Dongwoon.
 
“Sorry, I forgot I have to go to Yoseob’s place to take something. I will see you in school tomorrow.”
 
Gikwang turned and was about to run out of the door when he felt a tug on his wrist. Dongwoon wrapped around his wrist lightly.
 
“I’m sorry, hyung…”
 
Gikwang felt his heart tore apart when Dongwoon apologized. He pulled his hand away and ran out. He ran as fast as he could, he didn’t know where he could go or where he wants to go.  His lungs felt like it was in fire as it was screaming for Gikwang to stop and breathe. It was like the sky was joining Gikwang too, raindrops started dripping down the sky, drenching the sobbing boy. Tears kept flowing down his cheek, like he was a broken water tap, staining his perfect round cheeks. Finally his legs gave way, sending him slapping his face on the ground with a loud bang. Loud sobs were sounded from his throat, he cried out loud, punching his fists on the ground continuously.
 
After crying and draining off all his energy, Gikwang felt like he could collapse anytime. Unconsciously, his legs brought him to Yoseob’s place. He rang the doorbell and waited for the other party behind the door to open up. Mrs Yang opened the door and screamed for Yoseob once he saw the drenched boy. She quickly took a towel and wrapped it around the wet boy.
 
“Oh my F-…what happened?! I thought you went to Dongwoon’s place for stay over?”
 
Gikwang started sobbing again when he heard Dongwoon’s name. Yoseob ran down the stairs when he saw his best friend’s state. Mrs Yang gave her son a glare for cursing before turning to Gikwang.
 
“Kiki-ah, gwenchanayo? Go wash up and change into a new pair of clothing all right? I will make something hot for you to warm up. Go rest in Yoseob’s room.”
 
“Thank you Yang umma…”
 
“Sure thing, son.”
 
Gikwang slowly staggers his way up with Yoseob. Thinking of letting Gikwang change and settle down first before asking him any questions, the vice-president wrapped an arm around Gikwang protectively and went into his room.
 
After getting a warm bath and fresh set of clothes, Gikwang sat down on Yoseob’s bed. Before yoseob could say anything, a knock was sounded on the door. Mrs Yang came in with hot beverages for the both boys and some snacks for Gikwang. She even bought a first-aid kit in so that Gikwang could wish and treat his wounds.
 
“Kiki-ah, feel free to stay over. I will give your umma a call, araso? Sleep well. Seob-ah, attend to his wounds before you sleep, neh? Good night boys.”
 
Gikwang looked into Mrs Yang’s eyes and stood up to give her a 90 degree bow.
 
“Yang umma, chongmal kamsahamnida…” Mrs Yang ruffled his hair.
 
“Good night umma~”
 
Mrs Yang closed the door and went down to make the call. Yoseob then pulled Gikwang onto his bed.
 
“Now, what happened?”
 
Yoseob’s face was nothing but seriousness. Gikwang felt tears well up his eyes again as he thought of Dongwoon. Yoseob got the disinfectant out and washed Gikwang’s wounds on his fists and chin. Gikwang’s fists were all scarred by cuts as his skin tore from the punches on the hard cement. His chin was bruised by the impact of him falling and scratches due to the abrasion of the rough surface. Gikwang hissed in pain as the liquid stung his fresh wounds.
 
“Kiki-ah, if you don’t tell me anything, I’m really going to Dongwoon’s house right now and ask him personally.”
 
Yoseob started to put down the disinfectant and got up on his feet. Gikwang screamed and grabbed onto Yoseob’s hands, looking at him with fearful eyes. Yoseob sighed and sat down on the bed. He felt onto both of Gikwang’s hands and looked into his eyes.
 
“Ki-ah, you know I wouldn’t judge you no matter what happened. And as your best friend, do I at least have the right to know what happened before I punch the lights out of his handsome face? Okay, cancel the punching part, just tell me already.”
 
Yoseob made a side pout signaling for Gikwang to start talking before he explodes. Gikwang took a deep breath before talking.
 
“You know I say my thoughts out loud when I’m drunk right…?”
 
“But you never drink…Wait, you meant he gave you alcohol?!”
 
Yoseob screeched out loud. He hated people who drink because his father passed away due to alcohol poisoning. Gikwang bit on his lips nervously, he knew he should keep that drinking part away from Yoseob, but it is just him, he can’t seem to hide anything from Yoseob.
 
“Okay, I changed my mind. I shall beat the crap out of him now.”
 
“No! Wait! Hear me out first Seobbie!”
 
Gikwang blocked the door so that Yoseob can’t get through. Yoseob sighed in defeat and sat on his study chair with his arms folded across his chest.
 
“Okay, go on. You blurted something out?”
 
Gikwang clenched onto his fists tightly, controlling the tears that threatened to get out of his eyes. He looked down at his feet and mumbled something that Yoseob couldn’t hear.
 
“Kiki-ah, I suggest you tell me and not the ants on the floor…”
 
“…I confessed to him…”
 
“…And what? He is homophobic?”
 
Yoseob stares at Gikwang intensely, anxious of what he is going to say.
 
“He said he was sorry. Before I even blurted out that stupid confession, I was scolding him for giving me alcohol because it will make me fat. But…he told me that I look gorgeous no matter what. I was up into heaven in a few seconds and the next moment I’m down to hell…”
 
Yoseob scowled, “Gorgeous?! No matter what?! He is spouting nonsense! Is he ing nuts?! If he is not interested in you, why did he ing invite you to his house, and furthermore a stay over! Is he ing dumb or brainless or both?!”
 
“Yah, don’t curse.”
 
Gikwang scolded and walked to Yoseob’s bed. He got the cream for scratches and cuts and threw it towards Yoseob. The latter got up from his chair and applied it on Gikwang. He pasted plasters over the wounds.
 
“I guess…this is it…neh, Seobbie?”
 
Gikwang asked as he felt tears well up in his eyes again. He covered his eyes with the back of his hands as he knew he was not able to control those tears this time. Yoseob felt a bang on his chest when he saw his always smiling firned tear up. Yoseob pulled his hands away and pushed Gikwang’s head on his shoulder. He patted on the sobbing boy’s back. He took the chance to take Gikwang’s phone on the table and scrolled through the contact list. When he found the contact he wanted, he keyed the number into his phone and put the younger’s phone back on the desk.
 
---
 
Dongwoon phone rang while he was in deep thoughts. He received a text from an unknown number.
 
From: Unknown Number (xxxx-xxx-xx)
 
Yah! Michyeo?! You wanna die?! Meet me in your classroom tomorrow after your last period, araso?! Try running away, I will find you at your house and things wouldn’t be nice at that time.
 
Yoseob
 
Dongwoon sighed after reading the whole message.
 
“I guess I really hurt him bad enough that his best friend is finding me…”
 
Dongwoon buried his head between his hands as he lie down on his bed. He had only dated girls for his whole life, but he was not homophobic. But his parents were. He admits that he did have some good feelings towards Gikwang but he was taught since young that he is not allowed to date boys as his parents were really strict Catholics that believed that homouality is a sin. He sighed in frustration and turned to lie on his side.
 
“It’s time to get a new girlfriend, I guess…”
 
Dongwoon slowly drifted to sleep with girls which he could ask out that night.

A/N: Still have part 2!