Chapter 4

Shadows of the Dark

(Characters) Updated!
 
¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Dongwoon was cracking his brain thinking of people who he could invite to his house for stay over. Junhyung went up to the roof to take some fresh air as he was having a headache. Dongwoon was sitting on one of the tables in the canteen. He thought of asking Joon, but he was having suspension. He thought of asking Key but he has a date with Jonghyun today. He was pouting his lips and thinking of who to invite when he saw Gikwang walking towards him with Yoseob. If this was in a manga, there would be a lighted light bulb on top of Dongwoon's head. He thought of the perfect person to have a stay over at his house tonight. He stood up and approached the two student council members.
 
"Anneyong Kiki, Yoseob-goon~"
 
Dongwoon greeted happily. Yoseob smiled at him slightly and greeted him back. Gikwang flashed him his usual eye smile.
 
"Anneyong, how are you today?"
 
"Not that good," Dongwoon pouted, "Junhyung hyung is not free to stay over at my house tonight and my parents are not at home. I will be so bored and scared, I will rot to death or eaten by monsters!"
 
Gikwang chuckled lightly at the silly boy's words, "Interesting, how does the monsters in your house look like then?"
 
"They are this big!"
 
Dongwoon showed a giant size with his hands drawing huge circles in the air. Gikwang laughed out loud at his description.
 
"So who are you going to invite to be your knight with shiny amour?"
 
Dongwoon smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head, "I was just trying my luck...But by any chance, Kiki hyung, are you free today?"
 
Dongwoon looked at Gikwang with puppy eyes. The secretary was taken aback by the question. He didn't know that Gikwang would ask him out. Yoseob noticed it and nudged him lightly to pull him out of his trance.
 
"Oh...Hmmm...I do have some student council-"
 
"Just get going Kiki. I will get it done for you." Yoseob winked at him. He knew how much Gikwang loved the boy.
 
"Uh...oh well, then I'm free, I guess?"
 
"Oh yes! Praise the Lord, Amen!"
 
Dongwoon jumped on the spot as he heard that Gikwang could make it.
 
"Kamsahamnida Yoseob-ssi! Kamsahamnida Kiki! I will come fetch you after school today!"
 
Dongwoon shouted as he ran back to class jumping and cheering like an idiot. Yoseob smiled at his friend at shrugged nonchantly. Gikwang mouthed him a thank you as both of them approached the store owner to order their lunches.

---


(A/N: oh yeah, you know what to do~ XD play it! :D)

“Jiho-ah…Am I really allowed to let it go? Am I really allowed to have happiness?”
 
“Seung-ah, of course you are. You deserve to be loved. It’s not your fault that your parents choose to neglect you for your sister when she was born. It is also not your fault that Yongguk chose to be with Himchan.”
 
Hearing those two forbidden names made Hyunseung tensed up. He pushed Zico off and walked towards the edge of the roof. Placing both of his hands at the edge, he looked down of the building, telling himself that it’s time to face the past. Once again, Hyunseung sang, but a different song this time. He sang that Yongguk composed.
 
I am standing here just blanking looking at your back.
From your words, I really don’t know what to do.
 
Junhyung was walking slowly towards the hallway that leads to the stairs of the roof. He greeted and smiled to the teachers and students he passes by. He was humming the acoustic that he once composed.
 
Watching you moving further away from me,
My heart that is getting darker,
In an instant, I lost the light inside me.
 
Junhyung walked up the stairs slowly. He frowned and cocked his head to a side when he heard a voice singing. The voice has a melancholic aura that sings in pain and despair. But he loves the voice that is projecting that melody, the soothing yet angst feeling fills his heart.
 
Even if I try to find you like this,
Even if I try to think of you again like this.
When I try to look at you just one more time,
I can’t do anything because I lost my light.
 
Junhyung froze on the door of the roof as he heard the lyrics. It was the song he and Yongguk composed! Who was it that knows this song…? It is impossible as they didn’t publish the song to any music company as it was just a song they composed at free will. But it was the first song that the two brothers composed together.
 
La la la la Lightless…
La la la la Lightless…
La la la la Lightless…
Lightless…
 
Hyunseung broke down and cried out loud, startling the man standing outside the door. Junhyung slowly opened the door so that he could see who was singing their song. And the scene in front of him was heart-breaking. Hyunseung was kneeling on the ground, crying his eyeballs out, and Zico was hugging him and patting his back. Junhyung felt his heart burn at sight. He wanted to be the one hugging and comforting the crying boy rather than the man who was not from their school. Before Junhyung knew what he was doing, his mouth unconsciously moved on its own.
 
Oh Lightless. Before I knew,
The love light that you used to shine me with is now fade out.
If I had realised our farewell earlier,
It would have been better.
The large emptiness continues to scratch me.
The painful scars remind me of you.
Girl I need your love,
Even if I say this a hundred times, it’s just a soliloquy.
 
Hyunseung froze and stopped his sobs as he looked at the intruder at the door. He was trembling, how did Junhyung know about this song? He did he know a song that Yongguk composed? Junhyung ed the first two buttons of his uniform and tore off the medical pad on his shoulder. He pushed his uniform away so that Hyunseung could have a good view of the words on his tattoo.
 
Hyunseung froze as flashbacks of the past flooded his mind.
 
---Flashback (High school 1st year)---
 
“Hyunseung! I finally completed a song!”
 
Yongguk jumped and held onto Hyunseung’s hands. He was so happy jumping up and down that Hyunseung has to hold him down so that he wouldn’t get a headache from looking at the jumpy boy.
 
“Wae wae wae wae? What song?”
 
“Remember I told you that my hyung and I were working on a song together?”
 
Hyunseung nooded as a sign for him to continue.
 
“We finished it at last! It’s totally perfect! Hyung was so happy that he even went to tattoo the song name on his left shoulder under his collarbone! It looks so cool, but I was afraid of the pain so I bought a ring and engraved the title instead.”
 
Yongguk flashed the silver ring on his right fourth finger. He took it out and showed Hyunseung the engravement – Lightless.
 
---Flashback 2 (One week before College starts)---
 
Hyunseung was softly caressing the newly inked tattoo on his wrist. He enjoyed the pain when the needle pierced into his wrist and inked his body. It still hurts to move his wrist, but the pain is a reminder to him that he should be the suffering this. He should be the one in pain and not him. He frowned and buried his face in his arms as he thought of him again. Suddenly a pat on his shoulder shocked him and he almost punched the poor maknae in his face.
 
“Oh mian Pyo-ah. You scared me. What is it?”
 
“Hyung, wae did you made your stage name as Shadow?”
 
P.O. sat on the chair beside Hyunseung and took Hyunseung’s wrist in his hands. He looked at the tattoo and lightly brushed the ink. Hyunseung shivered at the stingy touch on his wrist. He bit on his wrist, enduring with the pain.
 
“Because the shadow appears when there is light. But because there is a part of the surface that is lightless, therefore there is shadow. The shadow is always following the object even if the object itself doesn’t notice its existence. Even if the light source is everywhere, there will be a surface, no matter how small it is, there will be a lightless area with shadow casted on the ground. The shadow follows you everywhere you go. Everyone has a shadow, be it physically or mentally, a shadow of your past that you don’t wish to be reminded of.”
 
P.O. hummed as a reply to Hyunseung’s words. He leaned in closer to Hyunseung’s ear, “Can I tattoo too hyung?”
 
“Aniya.”
 
Taeil came from the back and pulled P.O. away from Hyunseung.
 
“Don’t stick so close to Seung hyung.”
 
“Ehhhhh~ waeyo?!”
 
P.O. complained and hugged onto Hyunseung’s waist. Taeil pried away the hands around his waist and back hugged his hyung.
 
“He is mine.”
 
Hyunseung chuckled at both of his dongsaeng’s attempt to make him happy. He ruffled both their hairs and gave both their cheeks a kiss, “Thanks.”
 
---
 
Hyunseung staggered to his feet and walked towards Junhyung. He grabbed onto Junhyung’s uniform and stared at the tattoo. He ran his fingers on the tattoo. His leg gave away and he almost kneeled on the ground again. Junhyung grabbed him on time to not let his knees hit the ground.
 
“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…I’m sorry…I’m sorry…”
 
Hyunseung chanted the words in his mouth, mumbling and slurring his words due to his exhausted body from crying so hard. Junhyung noticed that it was his first time listening to Hyunseung’s voice. Hyunseung singing and his crying voice, he wished that he would be the one causing Hyunseung’s laughter and his happy voice. Junhyung bend down and hugged Hyunseung tightly. He pushed Hyunseung’s head into his chest. The crying boy wrapped his arms around Junhyung tightly and clenched onto the back of Junhyung’s uniform. He cried all his tears, staining Junhyung’s white uniform.
 
“Do you want to come visit him today?”
 
Junhyung asked the boy in his arms. Hyunseung froze and looked up to Junhyung. Shock, fear and everything emotions to describe how scared he was, was reflected on Hyunseung’s eyes. He started shaking his head lightly and got even harder. He hugged his head and ran towards Zico, he screamed and hugged his head even tighter.
 
“What the did you tell him?!”
 
Zico shouted and grabbed onto Junhyung’s uniform. He glared at Junhyung he was clenching his fists so tightly to controlling himself from punching the man in front of him.
 
“I just asked if he wanted to visit Yongguk…”
 
“Are you stupid or dumb?! I wanted him to forget about the past, I want him to be free from the chains of the past and you want me to get back to the dark hole again?!! What the is wrong with you?!!!”
 
Zico punched Junhyung square on his jaws. Junhyung dropped to the ground and held onto his bleeding jaw. Hyunseung clenched onto his head and screamed even louder.
 
“No…no…NO!!! I’m sorry…I’m sorry…I’m sorry Yongguk…I’m sorry Himchan…I’m sorry! NO!!!”
 
He clenched onto his heart as he panted heavily, he couldn’t take the memories flooding into his head, and his vision out.
 
“Hyung!!!”
 
Zico ran towards Hyunseung and shake the unconscious boy.
 
“If he is to snap again like this because of what you said, I wouldn’t forgive you.”
 
Zico carried Hyunseung and walked out of the roof. Junhyung spat the blood out from his mouth and sighed.
 
“I just wanted to tell him that it’s all right to put down the past and face it bravely. I guess he is still not able to let go of the past. Hyunseung-ah, forgive me…”
 
---
 
“Doojoon-ah…why did you ask me here?”
 
“Seobie~ I miss you~”
 
Doojoon whined and hugged Yoseob from behind. Yoseob rolled his eyes at the failed attempt of aegyo.
 
“Stop it Doojoon, I’m going to puke out my lunch.”
 
Doojoon gritted his teeth and turned Yoseob around.
 
“Heartless jerk, did you miss me?”
 
“Nope, why would I?”
 
“…Seob-ah…what should I do to make you love me back…?”
 
“When you stop being so corrupted, so evil, so vicious and calculative on what you do.”
 
“B-but…you know it’s impossible, Yoseob. It is me. I’m who I’m. If I changed, wouldn’t I be another person?”
 
“That’s the point. Because you are you, that’s why I’m not accepting you. And if you just called me here to say this, I’m going.”
 
“YANG YOSEOB!”
 
Doojoon pinned Yoseob on the wall with his hands above the cornered boy’s shoulder. Yoseob stared into Doojoon’s with a blank expression. Doojoon frowned at the nonchalant attitude, he was furious. He had done anything just to win Yoseob’s heart. He confessed to the boy in front of the whole student council members, he bought expensive stuffs just to impress the said boy, but none of it works.
 
Yoseob said that he just wanted fame when he confessed his love in the council room. It was partly true, but isn’t it good to kill two birds with one stone? Yoseob said he wouldn’t accept the presents that were bought by the money he extorted. Doojoon dropped his head on Yoseob’s shoulder and sighed in exhaustion.
 
“Jebal…tell me…What else can I do…”
 
“I told you, stop doing bad things. Be a normal man. A student council still can run well with a normal president. Think about it Doojoon.”
 
Yoseob pushed the man away and started moving out of the room. Doojoon pulled the shorter male by his waist, crushing both their lips together. Yoseob moaned into the kiss and pushed Doojoon away roughly. He wiped his lips furiously and glared at Doojoon.
 
“Don’t make it harder for me to try and love you, Mr. President, if you would excuse me.”
 
Yoseob slammed the door shut, leaving Doojoon in the room alone. Doojoon slumped on the ground and sobbed.
 
“I really…don’t know…how to…stop…”
 
Will Doojoon be able to change himself for the person he loves? Will Yoseob accept Doojoon after he changed? Will Gikwang confess his affection to Dongwoon? Does Dongwoon have feelings for Gikwang? Where is Junhyung going after school? Will Hyunseung eventually let go of the past? What happened to Yongguk? Who is Himchan?
 
Hyunseung and Yongguk’s past will be revealed in the next chapter.
 
A/N: ANNEYONGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! :D I finally revealed the guy of Hyunseung’s past. :D kekeke! So far only two person got it right. :3 does all of u even know who is Bang Yongguk? :D kekeke! Go watch his mv! :D I Remember – where he featured Seobie. :3 I love him since the time he was featured in Secret Jieun’s Going Crazy~ *w* kekekek!  Oh wellllllll~ is this chp too short? XD kekeke!

and and and i updated the character's photos! :D yongguk and himchan is up!! :DDDD