Chapter 26

Shadows of the Dark

Chapter 26:

---

Hyunseung was carrying the sleeping kitten in his arms throughout the ride home. Junhyung stopped his car outside of the older's house, but it seems like Hyunseung has no intention of getting back home yet and Junhyung appreciated it. They didn't get much alone time in the house because of the others present.

"Seungie, are you really going to take care of him?"

Hyunseung nodded his head while the head of the young feline. He pulled his eyes away to look up at Junhyung.

"I want to try..."

Junhyung brushed his thumb over Hyunseung's cheek and smiled.

"I know you can when you try."

Hyunseung smiled back, "Thank you."

"Thought of a name for him yet?"

Hyunseung looked away from Junhyung and continued the sleeping furball.

 "...Jay. J for Joker."

Even though it's dark in the car with only the street lights providing the little amount of brightness, Junhyung could clearly see how hard Hyunseung was blushing. He sat up and leaned over to Hyunseung's seat. Junhyung suddenly pressed his palm on the left side of Hyunseung's chest. He could clearly feel the rapid heartbeat on his palm.

"Knowing that I'm part of the reason why this heart is still beating, is more than enough. I feel so afraid, so afraid that I don't deserve all these happiness I'm feeling right now."

Hyunseung pressed his hand over Junhyung's and entwined their fingers together.

"You are more than just part of the reason. You are the full reason of why I'm still alive and sitting here. Just saying thank you would be an understatement for my gratitude to you. But I can't be saying that I love you just for saving me, because I love you for you and not for gratitude for saving me."

Junhyung pressed his forehead on Hyunseung's and sighed loudly. His lips were slightly trembling and Hyunseung could feel tears gathered in Junhyung's eyes.

"Ahh... I feel so lame right now..."

"Never to me."

Hyunseung pressed a soft kiss on Junhyung's lips and look directly into his eyes when he parted their lips. Junhyung brushed his thumb over Hyunseung's heated cheeks. Junhyung wanted to press his lips onto Hyunseung's soft ones again when Hyunseung started giggling and pulling the small paws pressing onto his sensitive spot. Both of them look down to Hyunseung's lap to see that the kitten have changed his sleeping position. He was sleeping with his paws pressing onto Hyunseung's side and face pressing onto the center of Hyunseung's stomach.

"Ah hah, yah, Jay, that's super ticklish."

Hyunseung giggled while pulling Jay up and carried him into his right arm. Junhyung pressed the center of Jay's head.

"Yah, how dare you break the moment..."

"Please don't tell me you are jealous of a kitten."

Hyunseung laughed at the sulky face his lover was giving. He kissed Junhyung's cheek and giggled before opening the car door.

"Going in already?"

"Deh... Before my umma starts to worry."

Junhyung got out of the car too and stood beside Hyunseung. He held onto Hyunseung's free hand and played with his fingers. Both of them didn't want to part but they had to.

"All right, get in. Good nights, baby."

"Good nights, Junnie. Drive back safely."

"I will... Sweet dreams."

"Sleep well."

Hyunseung waved before getting into the house. They still have a long way to go, there was nothing to worry about, right? 

---

Mika was jumping and playing around with Hyunmin while walking towards the school's canteen for lunch.

"Min~ what should we eat for lunch?"

"Hmmm... Ramyeon?"

"Okay!"

Mika jumped on Hyunmin and put his arm over his boyfriend's shoulder. Hyunmin grabbed him by the waist and tickled him.

"Ya- hahahaha! Yah! Stop it!"

Mika jumped around and ran away from Hyunmin, they turned a corner when Mika accidentally bang onto someone. Mika almost fell when the person he banged onto pulls him into his embrace.

"Yah, are you still a kid? Running around in school."

Mika looked up to see Seungho staring down at him.

"Hyung! You came school today!"

"Today is my official day here."

"Woooooo~ Hyung, let's meet for lunch everyday!"

"Sure."

Seungho ruffled Mika's hair, he felt the slight clench of fist from Hyunmin. The eldest within the three smirked and wrapped his arm around Mika's shoulder.

"Let's go for lunch!"

"Hyung, your treat!"

Hyunmin followed behind them quietly while the two chattered nonstop till they reached the canteen. Seungho looked up to see Junhyung and Hyunseung sitting on a table at the corner of the canteen.

"Junhyung!"

The couple at the table look up at the sound of Junhyung's name, while the younger couple looked towards where Seungho was looking.

"... Tch."

Mika scowled at the sight of the couple. Hyunmin sighed, "Su, I will see you later in class." He walked away and left the canteen.

"Min? Min! Where are you going?"

Mika was trapped in Seungho's arm and couldn't chase after Hyunmin.

"Hyung, let me go! Min went off!"

Junhyung got up when he saw Hyunmin leaving.

"What happened? Where is Hyunmin going?"

"I don't know!"

Mika pushed off Seungho's arm and ran after Hyunmin. Seungho looked at his empty arm dejectedly. Junhyung saw the look in his hyung's face and looked back at Hyunseung. He pushed Seungho to the seat he was sitting on previously.

"Seungie, you stay here with hyung. I will go talk to the both of them and come back all right? Wait for me here."

"Sure."

Junhyung ran off to find the couple. Hyunseung noticed the depressed look in Seungho's eyes but he didn't know how to speak to him.

"Happiness don't last forever, you know that right?"

Hyunseung looked up to stare at Seungho with a question look. Seungho gave him a twisted smile to accompany the words he just said.

"Have you ever question yourself, what if the happiness you are feeling right now, was built under someone's misfortune?"

"S-sorry...? What do you mean...?"

"Sometimes things may seem good from the outside, but in actual fact, they are rotten to the core."

Confusion was clearly displayed on Hyunseung's face. The younger male thought he saw a ghost of anger in Seungho's face. The intense glare from the older gave creeps down Hyunseung's spine. Seungho smirked and turned away from him when he saw the two members of the student council approaching them.

"I will go find Mika and Hyunmin. If Junhyung comes back, tell him not to worry, I will make them talk to each other properly. See you around then, Hyunseung-ssi."

Hyunseung then felt a pat on his shoulder when Seungho walked away.

"Hyunseung! Why are you here alone?"

"O-oh, hi Yoseob, Doojoon..."

"What's wrong?"

"H-huh? Oh, nothing. Just a little tired."

The couple looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. The smile on Seungho's face was trapped in Hyunseung's mind for the whole day. The creeps that sent down his spine each time he remembered.

---

"I told you he is a freak!"

Kyung exclaimed when he sat down beside Hyunseung with his cup of draft beer. Hyunseung sighed for the umpteenth time that night. He told Kyung about what happened in the canteen and Seungho's creeping smile. And now he regretted it. Kyung kept insisting that Seungho is up to no good.

"Maybe he wants to break up that couple!"

"Aish, Park Kyung! Shut up! Seungho is not that kind of guy!"

"Hyung, how would you know? You don't really know him anyway."

"I... Aish, just... stop it. I can't even say anything to Junhyung, I mean... Seungho is his hyung and his close friend."

"You are afraid he will side Seungho instead of you?"

"I just don't want Junhyung to think that I'm trying to ruin their friendship. Especially not now, when we just started..."

Hyunseung bottoms up his cup of draft beer and asked for another cup. Yukwon, who was working in the bar, stares at Hyunseung.

"You sure you want to drink so much?"

"Kwonie, it's just draft beer."

"But you drank a cup of whiskey! You will get drunk when you mix them."

"I'm fine now, ain't I my love? Now give me this one last cup before I ask your cute little boyfriend to make me three more cups."

Yukwon pouted and poured Hyunseung his cup of draft beer. Kyung eyed Zico, who was walking towards the bar, and signaled him about Hyunseung. Zico stood on the other side of Hyunseung with an apron on the waist. He placed his hand on top of Hyunseung's hand that was holding the cup up to his mouth.

"Hyung, I don't have the energy to carry you home tonight. Kyung used too much of my energy in the morning~"

Zico pretended like his spine was aching.

"Aish, you dirty ert!"

Kyung threw the piece of table cloth that he was using to wipe the bar at his lover. Zico laughed cheekily.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't get drunk. Just the last cup."

"Hyung, there shouldn't be any secrets between lovers. I don't hide anything from Kyungie, I wouldn't get a good night sleep at all."

Hyunseung fell silent.

"I mean, you are not really accusing that guy of anything, you are just telling Junhyung what happened in the afternoon, there's nothing wrong with that."

"But.. what if Junhyung thinks that I'm thinking too much."

"I'm sure Junhyung is mature enough to handle this properly."

Taeil walked over and patted Hyunseung on the shoulder. Taeil seldom voice out on Hyunseung's matter because he was more of the quiet type. But he knows when was the right time to speak up. Hyunseung played with the piercing on his tongue absentmindedly.

"I will talk to him in school tomorrow. Thanks guys."

What they didn't noticed was the guy wearing shades and a beanie, sitting at the corner of the bar listening to their whole conversation.

---

Hyunseung was sitting on a bench under the shade of a tree waiting for his boyfriend. He was playing with his wristband that was used to cover his tattoo. There was a sudden cast of shadow over him and he looked up to see Junhyung standing in front of him.

"Hey."

"Sorry to make you wait."

Hyunseung smiled, finally feeling his tensed up body relax at the sight of his smiling boyfriend. But that was not for long.

"Hi Hyunseung!"

Seungho walked towards Hyunseung from behind Junhyung and sat opposite the tensed up male.

"Seungho hyung was trying to apply into the student council, that's why we got late. Have you eaten your lunch yet?"

When Junhyung wanted to walk towards Seungho, Hyunseung tugged at his sleeves and looked up with pleading eyes. Feeling puzzled about the sudden weird action of his lover, Junhyung sat down beside Hyunseung.

"What's wrong?"

Junhyung tucked back a strand of hair behind Hyunseung's ear and brushed his thumb over the chubby cheeks. Hyunseung tried to converse through his gaze but it just got Junhyung even more confused. Giving a sigh, Hyunseung shook his head and looked down at their entwined fingers.

"Hyunseung, if there's anything wrong, don't hide it. You should tell your boyfriend about it. Being the almighty Yong Junhyung, I bet you with my bottom dollar that he will help you solve it."

Seungho chuckled. Junhyung laughed along, thinking that his hyung was just teasing the couple.

"Oh hyung, make sure to pay up soon."

"Young Master, you wouldn't need such little money from me."

Seungho faked a worried tone. Junhyung scowled then smiled at him. Hyunseung clenched his hand tightly around Junhyung's. That was when Junhyung noticed that Hyunseung was shivering.

"Baby? What's wrong? Did something happened?"

Hyunseung was again looking at Junhyung with pleading eyes. Junhyung finally felt like Hyunseung was trying to tell him something that he was not comfortable telling with Seungho here.

"Hyunseung, are you having hangover from last night? I remember you would always drink quite an amount each time you go there. Oh wait, or is your tongue having infection?"

"Tongue?"

Junhyung looked at Seungho then back at Hyunseung. Did he missed something when he left Hyunseung alone with Seungho at the club every night?

"You don't know?"

Seungho looked at Junhyung with a surprised look.

"He pierced his tongue. It looks like a recent one since it still bleeds when he plays with it too much. His friend... Yukwon, was it? He has one too. Hyunseung, are you closest to him? Because it seems like you are all right with him hugging and touching you."

"I-..."

"Ah, sorry. Did I say too much?"

Seungho looked at Junhyung.

"A-ani, we just got together and after we got together, I chose to get to know him personally instead, so..."

"What do you mean by personally?"

Junhyung felt like a cat just got his tongue. Hyunseung tugged on his lover's hand lightly.

"Can you stop with trying to play a wedge between us, Seungho?"

Seungho was shocked by the sudden outburst of the male.

"A-ah I'm sorry, Hyunseung! I-I didn't know... I didn't mean any harm, I'm sorry!"

Seungho raised his hands up like he was surrendering. Junhyung quickly held both of Hyunseung's hands into his.

"Seungie, calm down. Seungho didn't mean any harm. He was just curious. He is not someone bad."

Junhyung could feel that his words has not reached his boyfriend because the cold poker face was on Hyunseung's face when he looked back at Junhyung. Hyunseung slipped his hands out of Junhyung's grip and stood up.

"Se-seungie? Where are you going?"

Hyunseung looked back from his shoulder and gave Junhyung a cold stare. Without a word, Hyunseung walked away. When Junhyung wanted to chase after Hyunseung, Seungho stood up and stopped him.

"Let him calm down. It seems like he got really pissed when I pried about the both of you and you sided me. Let him cool off first before talking to him."

Junhyung sighed and looked at his lover going further towards the school building. Junhyung ruffled his hair in frustration and huffed out.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know I'm not supposed to talk about all these..."

"Nah, it's okay hyung... I guess he was just a little more sensitive about it today..."

---

A/N: I'm sorry, I at giving names...