Chapter 25

Shadows of the Dark

Chapter 25:

Seungho sat on his bed that was placed in the middle of the hotel room. He was playing with his black Zippo lighter, twisting it around his fingers. He stood up and walked to the small pantry with his lighter still in his fingers. He was so deep in thoughts that he didn't react to his phone ringing till a few seconds later. He dug his hand into his jeans pocket and pulled out his phone.

"Yang Seungho speaking."

A muffled voice spoke from the other line and a wide smile spread across Seungho's lips.

"Yes, thank you. I will speak to you again."

He ended the call and dropped his phone on the pantry table. With the huge smile turning into an evil grin, he snapped the lid of his lighter closed.

---

Hyunseung was walking towards Junhyung's place alone. Junhyung had to bring Dongwoon to the hospital to remove his cast along with Gikwang. Hyunseung have not stepped into the hospital anymore after the incident with Yongguk and Himchan. Yoseob and Doojoon have to clear up the council matters before they could come over. Hyunseung went home to change into a fresh set of clothes before making his way back to Junhyung's house. He was walking along this small path when it started raining really heavily. Not caring that the rain will drench him, Hyunseung continue walking in the open. He have always love walking under the rain when there aren't thunders and lightnings.

He was reaching the end of the path when a soft mewling sound caught his attention. Hyunseung walk towards the sound and look into the cupboard box beside the trashcan. There was a brownish white Scottish Fold that looks barely two months old in it.

image

It's huge innocent eyes were staring at Hyunseung. Although Hyunseung wasn't someone who would be able to take care of a pet, he didn't have the heart to walk away from this poor abandoned kitten. The rain had started to pick up and Hyunseung quickly slipped his hands into his hoodie and gathered the kitten into his chest. He didn't know if it was because he made the kitten felt insecure or the kitten was just not used to his scent, his arms ended up with few scratches due to the kitten's claws digging into his arms when it felt like it was falling off. It was shaking slightly in his arms and Hyunseung couldn't seem to get angry with it at all for causing him injuries when that pair of huge eyes were looking at him with pure guilt.

"You are safe here. I will dry you up with a towel."

When Hyunseung got into Junhyung's apartment, Namji guided him to the living room and asked if he wanted tea.

"Ummm... Is it okay if I asked for a cup of warm milk and two dry towels, please?"

"Sure, Hyunseung-ssi."

When Namji got back with the requested items, Hyunseung took the kitten out from under his hoodie and placed it on the couch just beside him before rubbing the towel over it.

"Did you picked this kitten up from the path down the street?"

"How did you know?"

"The staffs were talking about it and everyone had agreed to go pick it up after dinner since Madam didn't like pets and she will be flying off for a week after dinner."

Namji felt like she just said something wrong and jumped, "Please don't tell Jun-ssi about this, we just wanted to put the kitten into good care..."

"Don't worry, I'm sure Junhyung would ask you to do the same too."

Hyunseung offered a small smile. Namji smiled back and excused herself to get a small container so that the kitten could drink the warm milk from it instead. Hyunseung thanked her before she went off. He really don't have any idea how to take care of a kitten.

"I think Yoseob-ssi could help. I heard him talking about his cat once with one of our staffs here."

"Sure, thanks Nam-ssi."

"Please excuse me then."

Hyunseung dried the little furball and scratched its neck. It purred in response and lean towards Hyunseung's fingers. The soft purrs caught the attention of the to males who just arrived at Junhyung's apartment. Doojoon and Yoseob walked towards Hyunseung and were shocked to see the gentle smile on Hyunseung's lips as he was looking at the kitten.

"So adorable!"

Yoseob exclaimed when he saw the tiny furball. The smile was immediately wiped off Hyunseung's face and replaced with a cold poker face. Yoseob slowly squatted down in front of the kitten and softly its head with his large hands. It started to purr again.

"It's so cute! Hyunseungie, did you bought it?"

Hyunseung stammered and blushed at the nickname he was given.

"I-it was ab-abandoned..."

Yoseob chuckled and scratched the tummy of the kitten.

"Are you going to keep it?"

"...I want to... But..."

Yoseob looked up to Hyunseung to see him frowning like he was having a debate with himself.

"He doesn't know how to take care of one. Yoseob-ssi, can you teach him the basics?"

Namji came back with the container and poured the already cool milk into it. She greeted Doojoon and Yoseob before getting up from where she placed the container.

"Namji! I told you to drop the formalities with me!"

"Araso, Yoseob oppa."

"That's more like it~"

Yoseob smiled and placed the kitten on the floor to let it have it's drink. He told Hyunseung the basic rules of feeding the kitten and teaching it where to urinate. Doojoon also joined in by telling him to reward the kitten when it does something right.

"Most importantly, don't neglect it. You can bring him here when you come over to visit, we will be here to play with it too."

Hyunseung smiled lightly, bowing his head in thanks for the couple's advice. Just when they finished their talk, the door opened to reveal the three other males return. Yoseob hugged Gikwang when he saw the younger male. and Doojoon smiled to Dongwoon asking him how was his leg. Dongwoon replied with a 'good' and he had his cast removed so he could walk normally now, just not too fast. 

"Seungie!"

Hyunseung stood up from his seat at the sound of his name. He turned back to see Junhyung looking all smiley. Junhyung walked over to Hyunseung and entwined their fingers together. Hyunseung smiled softly back to Junhyung. The small furball started to whine when it saw its new owner getting away from it. Junhyung was the first to notice the newcomer. Being a pet lover, Junhyung was thrilled to see the little one. He scratched the back of its neck and tickled its chin. 

"Whose kitten is this?"

"Hyunseung-ssi saw it by the trashcan down the street and picked it up because it was raining heavily."

Namji explained. Hyunseung played with the hem of his shirt. He didn't like being the center of attention. Junhyung carried the kitten up and brought it to the front of Hyunseung.

"What are you going to name...Erm... Him?"

Junhyung said after taking a peek at the kitten's gender. Hyunseung looked up at both the kitten and Junhyung. He chuckled a little because Junhyung has the same questioning look as the kitten while looking at him.

"Waaaa... Hyunseung looks so pretty when he smiles!"

Dongwoon's sudden exclamation got Hyunseung looking all awkwardly at him. Junhyung pulled Hyunseung behind him and stuck out his tongue at his best friend.

"Eyes off what's mine."

Doojoon and Yoseob laughed at the childish of the apartment owner. The rest of them started laughing too because they know Junhyung was just trying to make Hyunseung get used to the crowd.

---

Seungho had become a regular in DUSK and even Zico noticed his daily presence. Zico would always politely smile to him when he saw him sitting on his regular seat by the bar and drinking on his own. The boys at the club were guarded against him after Hyunseung told them about Seungho hitting on him.

"Why are all of you acting like Jiho? Seungho hyung is friendly!"

"He just... he seems like he is planning something."

Kyung said when he was pulled aside by Hyunseung when he didn't let Seungho speak to Hyunseung. The dancer puffed his cheeks and ruffled his hair.

"Yah Kyungie, he is Junhyung's friend! Why would he plan something against me?"

"I'm not saying he is planning something against you... It's just... he doesn't seem truly kind, like... somewhat hidden motive?"

"Aish, don't be rude!"

"Hyung! Trust me!"

"Whatever, just bring me alcohol. I will be sitting here. Ask Yukwon come over and chit chat me."

"Araso."

Kyung went back to the bar and told Yukwon to make two glasses of Jager Bomb and bring it over to Hyunseung later. Seungho, who was sitting beside where Kyung was standing, heard it and chuckled, "Whoa, he really knows how to drink, eh?"

Kyung snorted, "If you think of making him drunk, I think you will be the one throwing up first."

Seungho laughed and silently nodded his head. Just when Seungho wanted to say more, his name was called by two males from behind.

"Seungho hyung!"

"Oh, the both of you are here!"

Kyung excused himself while Mika and Hyunmin took the seats next to Seungho. Hyunmin ordered Tequila Shots with lemon slices for Mika and him.

"Hyung, how are you? Why did you choose such a club?"

"It's nice in here."

"Really? I don't really find it, it's so noisy."

"Yah Suhoon-ah, its a club, its supposed to be noisy."

Mika laughed and clink his shots cup with Seungho and then Hyunmin before finishing it in one mouth. He winced at the bitter taste and on the lemon slice given. Just then, Yukwon had prepared the two Jager Bomb and was walking towards Hyunseung's seat.

"Oh, did both of you know that Junhyung's boyfriend, Hyunseung-ssi, is one of the regulars here?"

Mika scowled at the mention of Hyunseung's name. He really didn't like Hyunseung. The way Hyunseung made Junhyung's life change so much. Junhyung didn't act like how he used to be anymore. Mika turned just in time to see Hyunseung hugging Yukwon.

"Tch, such a flirt. I wonder why Junhyung even likes someone like him."

What Mika didn't know was that it was Yukwon and Minhyuk's second year anniversary and Hyunseung was hugging Yukwon to congratulate him.

"Both of you have made it till the second year and counting. Cheers, Kwonie-ah!"

"Cheers!"

The two best friends clink their cups without knowing that someone was glaring at them with dislike.

---

A/N: I kept changing the plot for this chapter... It might sound weird cause it was being changed like... through four days... orz

This fic will end at Chapter 30 (I'm targeting Chapter 30, might be shorter might be longer depends on the flow of events and my inspiration juices)

 

*For people who are interested in alcohol:

I'm not really a drinker so pardon me if I make any mistakes.