Chapter 23

Shadows of the Dark

 Chapter 23:

A week has passed after the incident of the fateful couple. Gikwang got discharged the next day, but the both of them didn’t go back home. They went hiding in Junhyung’s house and because of Yong family’s influence in the industry, Dongwoon’s parents didn’t dare to make a scene. They laid low for the time being and the couple felt like the ropes were loosened but still not removed.
 
“Hey, good morning.”
 
Junhyung greeted when he saw Hyunseung slowly walking into school. He saw a small flash of smile on Hyunseung’s lips, but was gone as soon as it appeared when the bell rang and students came rushing towards them. Hyunseung still wasn’t used to showing his true expressions in public. Junhyung softly looked at Hyunseung before taking a step closer.
 
“Can I hold hands with you?”
 
Hyunseung stared up at Junhyung with his huge doe eyes blinking. He nodded softly and waits as Junhyung slides his hand into his and entwines their fingers together. Junhyung looked like an idiot in love and was smiling ever so happily. He pulled their entwined hands up and kissed Hyunseung’s knuckles.
 
“I love you.”
 
Hyunseung avoided looking at Junhyung, he stared down to his shoes unable to face Junhyung with a straight face.
 
“M-me…too…”
 
His reply was soft and if Junhyung was not concentrating, he wouldn’t have caught it. But it was enough for said male to have a stupid huge grin plastered on his lips all day. He squeezed their entwined eyes and couldn’t use words to express how happy he was. He felt a little jumpy with an urge to kiss Hyunseung, but he wouldn’t. He doesn’t know if Hyunseung was prepared for the next step of their relationship, but he is contented with being able to hear him talk and holding hands with him.
 
“Let’s go to class~”
 
Hyunseung smiled a little when Junhyung had a happy aura bursting out from him. When they were about to get into class, Junhyung’s phone rang. He smiled apologetically to Hyunseung before picking up the phone.
 
“Ah deh, hyung! …Uh…yeah yeah… Hmmm…”
 
Junhyung looked over to Hyunseung like he was thinking of something. Junhyung held up their entwined hands, he used the back of his hand and caressed it on Hyunseung’s cheek with a smile.
 
“I…just thought of a place we could go. I will text you the address, eh? We will meet there straight tonight, is that all right? …Deh~ See you there, hyung!”
 
When Junhyung ended the call, Hyunseung couldn’t stop his curious brain from asking.
 
“Going out tonight?”
 
“Yeah, Seungho hyung came back from Japan… Seungho hyung is a hyung who helped me out a lot when I was in Japan. He was a classmate, but a year older. We lived in the same dorm, and well… We were close friends and he came back and we are having our reunion tonight.”
 
Hyunseung nodded as he listened attentively. Junhyung had to resist the urge to kiss him right now because he just looks so cute nodding his head with his huge doe eyes looking at him blinking every now and then.
 
“You have to stop being so cute, I wonder how many love rivals do I have when we walk in like this.”
 
Junhyung pulled Hyunseung in with their entwined hands and felt all so proud when people in the class started staring at their hands. Was Hyunseung finally allowed to be loved and to love?
 
—-
 
After walking Hyunseung to his doorstep, Junhyung held onto both of his hands while facing each other. Both of them silently looked at each other.
 
“So…I will see you tomorrow in school.”
 
Hyunseung nodded softly, Junhyung could see the obvious sad look in his eyes. He chuckled a little and spread his arms wide with a huge smile.
 
“Can I ask for a hug?”
 
Junhyung smiled while waiting for Hyunseung. Hyunseung slowly stepped towards Junhyung and wrapped his arms around his waist. Junhyung laughed lightly, nuzzled his face into Hyunseung’s neck and wrapped his arms around Hyunseung’s shoulders.
 
“Have a fun time with your hyung tonight…”
 
Hyunseung said softly into Junhyung’s shoulder. 
 
“I will, thank you.”
 
Junhyung smiled into his neck and mumbled. When they parted, Junhyung laughed when he saw how red Hyunseung’s face was.
 
He is still not used to having such intimate actions. But he looks so cute like this, it makes me want to .
 
Junhyung run his thumb on the rosy cheeks. He took a step back from Hyunseung and waved goodbye. The said male waved back as Junhyung slowly retreated back while unwilling to disconnect their eyes which were staring at each other. When Junhyung finally had to turn the corner, he stopped and waved once more before turning in. Hyunseung waved and sighed when Junuhyung went out of sight. He took out his phone and typed into the text box.
 
I need to get used to these >_< Sorry!
 
But end up deleting the text. He shook his head and went into the house. He have to start preparing to leave for DUSK since there will be a dance showdown again tonight. He felt excited at the thought of dancing.
 
When Hyunseung reached DUSK, the stage was already set up and people are slowly filling up the club. He went to his usual seat at the bar counter and ordered a drink from Minhyuk.
 
“Hyuk, one Graveyard.”
 
His drink was placed in front of him and when he took the first sip, a male sat beside him. Hyunseung jumped a little in his seat at the closeness of the male. The said male bowed his head in apology.
 
“Sorry, its too dark here and I couldn’t see.”
 
Hyunseung nodded his head in response. The stranger looked at his drink and seem to want it, so he turned to Minhyuk and requested for one. When Hyunseung glanced at him from the side, he noticed the stranger looking at him. He shifted back uncomfortably and looked at Minhyuk for help. But the bartender was so busy attending with customers that he didn’t notice Hyunseung’s discomfort. Just then, Yukwon patted Hyunseung’s back.
 
“Hyung! You are here! It’s time for you to be on stage!”
 
Hyunseung quickly stood up and placed his drink in Yukwon’s hands.
 
“Don’t let that guy near my drink.”
 
“Deh…”
 
Yukwon tilted his head in confusion but still kept the drink into the back counter freezer. And then Taeil announced the start of the dance competition with Hyunseung standing beside him with a smirk. Audience gathered around the middle with Hyunseung standing there grooving to the music. A few usual dancers chose to challenge him again. Hyunseung giving them hi-fives after the challenge. And when Taeil asked for the last challenger before they open up the dance floor for all to dance, the stranger walked up to challenge. When Hyunseung saw the stranger, he got defensive.
 
“Dance?”
 
“Yep, I heard that you are very famous in this area for your dance skills. I shall try it out and see if you are really living up to your name.”
 
“Sure.”
 
Hyunseung smirked at the thought, its been a while since he had a real challenge with someone new. He turned to Taeil and start the match.
 
“Enjoy the show, people!”
 
Jay Park’s Enjoy the Show started to play and Hyunseung started the challenge with a simple move of ing and swaying of his hips. The stranger easily added the difficulty with a flip and popping. Hyunseung can’t hide the excitement in his eyes as he smoothly did the next move he planned. When the stranger again hits the move down with another move of his, Hyunseung felt that it was time for him to end the song with a move living up to his name. When he ended the song with his killer move, the audience all screamed and chanted his name. The stranger had a smile on and came to shake hands with Hyunseung.
 
“That was a great match. I missed having dance battles when I was in Japan. It was fun.”
 
“Glad that I’m able to let you have fun tonight.”
 
Hyunseung didn’t bother hiding the huge smile on his lips. When the two slowly walked back to their seats, the stranger tried to make small conversations. Hyunseung had lost his initial defensiveness because of the dance, he simply replying and continuing with the small talks.
 
“So… you just came back from Japan?”
 
“Yeah. My scholarship ended and I came back to take over my family’s business. Are you still studying?”
 
“I’m a first year college student.”
 
“Oh, is your college near this area?”
 
“Yeah, you know my college?”
 
“A friend of mine studies in that college.”
 
“Ohhh…”
 
The atmosphere was getting a little thick when Hyunseung felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned to see the guy that he had never expected tonight.
 
“JUN?!”
 
Hyunseung shouted through the loud music. Junhyung combed the strand of stray hair on Hyunseung’s head.
 
“Hey, love.”
 
Hyunseung blushed a little and played with the hem of his shirt while looking at Junhyung’s necklace. It was a cross pendant.
 
“Having some kind of event today?”
 
“Yeah, a dance competition. It just ended though. It was so fun.”
 
“You seem to have enjoyed yourself on the dance floor.”
 
“That’s because I finally met a real challenger after a long time.”
 
Hyunseung smiled happily to Junhyung, he felt that it was easier for him to express himself when he was with Junhyung in DUSK. Maybe it was because he was too happy dancing just now that made his wall of defense melt down.
 
“Oh really? Why?”
 
“Yeah! I danced with him just now and he was really a good dancer.”
 
Hyunseung turned to face the stranger. The stranger laughed and played with the drink in his cup. Hyunseung noticed that he has finished his previous drink and was drinking a lighter alcoholic drink, on the Beach. 
 
“Oh, I was nowhere near good. Just a little better than someone else here.”
 
Hyunseung looked around in confusion, why was the stranger talking like this.
 
“When a person is good looking, they don’t have to be able to dance to look good. Just standing here alone will smitten people.”
 
Junhyung looked at Hyunseung although he was replying the stranger. Hyunseung felt even more confused, did the stranger know Junhyung before this or was it the first time they are talking to each other?
 
“Oh, yeah? No wonder you have him so head over heels with you.”
 
“And how did you know about him?”
 
“I didn’t, until you came over and talk to him. I was just waiting for someone who is late and abandoned me for an hour here alone. I was looking for a chick, but he attracted my attention instead. But it seems that I’m not in luck today.”
 
The stranger shrugged and took a mouth from his cup. Junhyung chuckled and took Hyunseung’s hand in his.
 
“You still have other choices here, there are still so many fishes out there. Only this is not available.”
 
Hyunseung was getting even more and more confused by the time he heard the conversation till this stage.
 
“Wait! What are the both of you talking about? I’m confused! Jun? Did you know him before this? I thought you were supposed to be meeting your hyung toda-…Wait, you just came back from Japan, and you are meeting your hyung for reunion tonight who came back from Japan.. So you are…Seungho…?”
 
Seungho and Junhyung both laughed out loud.
 
“Your boyfriend is a little slow at catching things.”
 
“He is cute like this.”
 
“Ewww, Jun. That’s the first time I’m hearing you say things like this. Eww, that’s gay.”
 
Hyunseung, who was still stunned and not really catching things, stood up in front of Junhyung to block the two person having conversion.
 
“Stop talking like I don’t exist here! I don’t get it!”
 
Junhyung laughed and pressed Hyunseung back to his seat.
 
“When Seungho hyung contacted me in the afternoon, he said he wanted to go drinking and he was dying to come for a dance battle showdown. I already knew there will be dance event today because I have always visited here to see you when you didn’t know about my existence, or rather, Yong Junhyung’s existence. I suggested for him to meet me here so I could also use the chance to introduce him to you, but it seems like he was a stepper faster because I was late. And he was hitting on his best friend’s boyfriend, which is you.”
 
“He…? Hitting on me?”
 
Seungho laughed out loud when Hyunseung was looking all blur with his huge doe eyes staring at Junhyung while using a finger to point at his own nose.
 
“Jun, I have to agree, he is really cute.”
 
“Don’t fall for him.”
 
“Tch.”
 
Seungho laughed and rolled his eyes, making Junhyung laugh too. Hyunseung just continued looking between Junhyung and Seungho with his finger still pointing to his nose.
 
—-
 
When Junhyung have safely sent his boyfriend into the house, he proceeded to send Seungho back home. On the way home, they were talking about random things that happened during the period after they separated in Japan.
 
“So…how is Mika?”
 
“I was waiting for you to ask me that, hyung. I was still wondering if you have already let it down and it never crossed your mind to ask me about him.”
 
“… Jun, you know…I…is things doing well for he and Hyunmin?”
 
“He is good, hyung. They are good.”
 
Seungho sighed and slumped back in his seat.
 
“That’s good to hear.”
 
“Hyung, it’s time to move on.”
 
“I know… I’m trying to, Jun. Have been trying and still trying…”
 
Junhyung patted Seungho on the back. He could only shake his head in despair.
 
—-
 
A/N: A rather plot twist chapter, so… yeah!
 
To be REALLY frank, I really hope that readers will not chase me for updates EVERYDAY. I'm really sorry if I'm late on update, but having to handle studying and working and updating fics and getting updates on BEAST is not easy. Please at least be understanding and not spam me with messages hoping that I will update. I will update, but please give me more time. I don't really have much free time to myself let alone write fics, do understand.
 
Next chapter, just to know more about Seungho’s return and things going on in Junhyung’s house. Why was he late for an hour tonight?