Chapter 16

Shadows of the Dark

♠♥♣♦

 

The next day, Hyunseung went back to class like how he usually did. But he was no longer smiling. He gives off an even darker aura compared to before. His eyes lost its shine and only seem like a deep endless pit. When you look into his eyes, it felt like you are dropping down the bottomless pit. You will never be able to reach back to the top, and the only light you see is from the top of the pit. You just keep falling, going deeper and deeper and deeper. Junhyung noticed that Hyunseung’s bangs had grown too long and he was using it to cover his swollen eyes. He caught a glimpse of his eyes. The once beautiful and mesmerizing doe eyes are gone. It was replaced with only tiredness, and on the brim of giving up. Junhyung doesn’t know what to do, or what to say to make Hyunseung feel better. Hyunseung was looking out of the window with his hand supporting his chin. Junhyung chose to use the most initial method – email him. But instead of emailing, Junhyung chose to text this time. He took out his phone and started typing a simple question before sending the text to Hyunseung.

From: Junhyung

Good morning, did you sleep well?

Hyunseung read the text on his phone, not knowing if he should reply or not. He decided to ignore the text and continue looking out of the window. Junhyung saw that said boy put his phone back on the table. He then insisted on getting a reply from Hyunseung.


From: Junhyung

It seems like you did not. Since you said that you don’t want to let our relationship get a step closer, it is all right to keep standing where we are now right?

 

From: Junhyung

If that’s so, I guess it is still all right for me to bring you to where we promised right?

Just when Junhyung saw Hyunseung read the last text he sent, a loud thud was heard.

“Oh hello there, Mr. Yong, I can see that you enjoy texting on my class, eh? How about giving me that phone of yours so I could enjoy texting too?”

Junhyung rubbed the back of his head which came in contact with the book on his lecturer’s hand. He stood up and smiled cheekily at his lecturer.

“No, Sir. How can my phone be compared to yours? Your lesson is too interesting I have to share it with my friends!”

The whole class laughed at Junhyung’s failed attempt at bootlicking the lecturer. Junhyung was lucky that his lecturer was a friend of Heechul’s. Leeteuk was one of the school’s youngest lecturer and well-liked by students for his easy going character. He would usually let students off when it’s not a big offence.

“Jun, you at bootlicking. Stop texting your girlfriend and listen to me, all right? Now, sit down.”

“Algesseumnida~”

Seeing that Hyunseung have no intention of replying his texts, Junhyung knew that he have to talk to him after lessons. And he did manage to stop Hyunseung, who ran off after class, at a bus stop near the school gates. There was no one there yet as Leeteuk released the class early.

“Why are you avoiding me…?”

Hyunseung kept his poker face and tugged on his wristband. His gaze looked at everywhere but Junhyung.

“…Seung…please…you said we could still be friends… but why are you treating me like I’m a pest?”

“…-ou…”

“Sorry?”

“I don’t know how to face you… I let you down, Jun! But if I don’t stop what advancement we are having, I feel like I will be trapped. I will be trapped in this net of yours. And even if you did anything to betray me at that time, I wouldn’t be able to handle it. Jun, please, just let me be alone for a while. Let me think about how I should handle my heart, before facing you, all right?”

Hyunseung sounded tired his voice was hoarse and weak.

“…Seung, remember that my love for you is not something small. I love you, too much to even give you up or hurt you. Trust me… I will give you time if you need, just remember, I’m waiting.”

Hyunseung finally looked at Junhyung in the eye. He gave a slight nod, just a slight movement of his head that was filled with insecurities and worries. The bus came just in time when he turned. He got up the bus and buried himself onto his seat, not turning to look at Junhyung anymore.

“…Please, Seung… I’m not giving up on you… So don’t give up on me…”

Junhyung mumbled as the bus took off the stop. He didn’t move from the spot. He just looked at the bus until it disappeared of his sight.

“Hyung, let go of your fists.”

The sudden voice made Junhyung turned back eruptly. Realizing who it was, he was stunned for a moment. His dongsaeng moved towards him and pry his fists open. Junhyung’s palms were bleeding from the pressure of him clenching onto his fists. The nails went too deep into his flesh and caused his palms to bleed.

“…Why are you here, Mika…?”

“Hyung, why torture yourself like this…? I talked to Woonie and he told me about you and that… what? Hyun something guy. Hyung, he is not worth your faithfulness.”

Junhyung didn’t want to talk to Mika about Hyunseung. He knows that Mika cares for him, and he knows that the way Mika express his love for his hyung is different from others. But he was not in the mood to think, to understand.

“Where is Hyunmin?”

“With Woonie… Hyu-“

“Suhoon, please, just…let me be…”

Junhyung patted Mika’s shoulder before walking towards the direction of the school gates. Mika sighed and followed behind his hyung.

---

“Zico, is it a really good idea to do this…?”

“…Kyung-ah, I’m doing this all for their future… I don’t care if you all hate me for this, but I really don’t want to see Hyuseung hyung to be handling the pain alone. If Junhyung really loves hyung, he will feel the pain now. He will feel the pain of not being able to have Hyunseung hyung love him back. But he will work harder to prove himself that he loves Hyunseung to the point where he is willing to fight for it. But if he gives up now, I would rather Hyunseung hyung not be trapped too much to be unable to get out…”

Zico dropped his head on the bar top. It’s been five days since he went home. He had thought about it every day and night, what was the better choice? And that’s when he planned to test Junhyung out. He didn’t want his hyung to cry, he didn’t mean to make his hyung cry. But he just wanted to make sure that Junhyung wouldn’t be the next Yongguk. But after telling Kyung and the rest about his plans, Minhyuk and Yukwon got angry at him, Taeil shook his head in disappointment and Pyo walked away from him. Jaehyo told him that he should have discussed it with them beforehand. Kyung was the only one who was willingly to stay with Zico. Kyung pulled Zico off the bar top seat and towards the couch. He sat on it and made Zico lie on his lap.

“Zi, you shouldn’t be so rash about this. You should have discussed this with me, at least.”

“…Sorry, Kyung… I thought it will be better if I was just in this alone. I thought that if anything were to go wrong, I will be the bad guy, I will take all the blame alone. I don’t want to get you involved…”

Kyung sighed and hugged Zico’s head. You babo…doing so much for your hyung. And I can’t get jealous about it because it’s Hyunseung… Being really frank with himself Kyung does agree with Zico’s way of doing this. He knows that this might give Hyunseung and Junhyung unnecessary heartaches before they even started, but by doing so, wouldn’t their relationship be a lot more stable when they get together in the end? But it seems that no one will be forgiving Zico anytime soon…

---

“Oppa~~~~ Umma calls you for dinner~”

Geurim skipped into Hyunseung’s room happily. But his room was so dark she couldn’t even find where her oppa was. The curtains were drawn, room light is off and table lamp is switched off. Geurim stretched her hand to switch on the room light. When the room slowly light up, Geurim adjusted her eyes to search for her oppa. She spotted him sitting beside the bed at the inner part of the room, with his back facing her.

“Oppa~!”

She jumped on his bed and hugged him from the back. No getting any reply from Hyunseung, Geurim found out that Hyunseung was acting weird. Yukwon and Minhyuk didn’t want to tell her why Hyunseung came back a dead drunk in the two consecutive mornings. Zico and Kyung wouldn’t pick up their phones. She thought they were just celebrating over something so she didn’t ask, but seems like it was not a celebration.

“Oppa? What’s wrong?”

She pocked her head in front to look at Hyunseung’s face. Her eyes widen in shock when she see the huge drops of tears rolling down Hyunseung’s face.

“Omg, what happened?! Why are you crying?!”

Geurim got down from the bed and squatted in front of Hyunseung. She cupped his face in tenderness, hoping to catch Hyunseung’s attention. The older one just stared at her blankly. His tears seems like the water from a spoilt running tap. No matter how hard to turn the knob to tighten the tap, it wouldn’t stop. His tears just kept dripping and dripping.

“Oppa… oppa! Talk to me!”

That was when Geurim finally caught his attention. He looked into her eyes. Trying to open his mouth to talk, but the only sound that came out was a hoarse and dried noise from his throat. Geurim wiped the tears off his cheeks. She knew he was not ready to talk yet, so she just silently hugged her oppa and patted his head. After what seems like an hour, Hyunseung softly mumbled to her.

“…Wh-what should I do now…?”

“Oppa, you have to tell me what happened so I can help you…”

Hyunseung slowly told Geurim what happened in DUSK and what Zico told him. What he promised to do after what Zico told him. He told her what happened on the rooftop yesterday with Junhyung. He even added the details of what Junhyung told him at the bus stop.

“…Geurim-ah…do you think that Junhyung really likes me? That he will do sacrifice things to be with me…?”

“Oppa, do you really like him?”

“…”

“You can’t just avoid my question, Oppa. Do you like him? Or even love him?”

“If he is willing to give up his future just to be with you, will you be with him? Will you love him as much as you love dance, or even more than that?”

“Oppa, this is a question for yourself if you love him you wouldn’t care if he made sacrifices for you, because if he loves you, whatever he does is for this relationship. I can tell you, Junhyung oppa loves you. Even a blind can see how much he have already done for you. If he really had the motive of just wanting you to be his fling, he wouldn’t have done so much for you. Or if he wanted revenge for Yongguk, he wouldn’t have asked you to live or even forget about Yongguk. He wouldn’t have brought you to that special restaurant and introduced you to his close friends. He wouldn’t be so stubborn on having you believe him.”

“If you need the time to cool down and think this through, you can, Oppa. Just don’t confuse like and pity. If you like him, accept him. The both of you can go through this together. If you pity him, let him go. The best way to heal his heart now, is to either have you back or to forget you completely.”

Hyunseung mentally made a debate with himself. Does he like Junhyung? Or just pity? Was he just liking the presence of Junhyung or just needing someone to care? Does he want Junhyung to forever stay with him as a friend, or as a lover? Does he really love Junhyung as a man? Or just as a friend…?

“Geurim, thank you. I have made my mind.”

---

Opps, cliff hang? ;p kekekeke! Woohoo! :3 APPEARANCE OF MY OTHER BELOVED OTP - HYUNMI (hyunmin x mika) XD kekeke! they are from DGNA aka The Boss for peeps who dk XD

sorry for the slow updates these few chps. Lots of things are going on and I need time for myself to think things through. School is not going as easy as I thought I could cope with. Everyday I cm home thinking, “why the hell m I studying so hard for? What kind of future do I want?” T^T aish… I shall keep my personal stuffs out of my fics. Kekeke~ BAIYEOM! :3 HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! XDDD yayyy money money money~~~ XD