Chapter 14

Shadows of the Dark

 

 

“Seob, hear me out! Please!”

Doojoon grabbed onto Yoseob’s arm, but was jerked off immediately. Yoseob didn’t even bother listening to Doojoon’s explanation. He stormed off towards the council room with the poor president chasing behind. Yoseob’s sudden burst into the room caused the secretary, who was alone in the room, to jump up from his seat.

“Can your entrance be a little less grand?”

Gikwang patted on his chest to calm that loud heartbeat of his. When Yoseob saw that Gikwang was the only one left in the room, a light evil smirk crawled onto his lips. He ran into Gikwang and hugged him tightly. Yoseob secretly shouted ‘Yay’ when he noticed Doojoon glaring at them.

“Mianhae Kiki-ah~ Forgive me~?”

Yoseob uses his aegyo at full power. His huge puppy eyes looks at Gikwang pitifully. Even though Gikwang have been seeing these eyes since young, each time Yoseob uses them on him, they never fail to defeat him. Gikwang smiled helplessly and the soft locks buried in his chest. When the secretary finally felt the dead glares, he looked towards Doojoon and finally got the drift of it.

“Seobbie-ah, did something happen?”

Yoseob knew Gikwang had just taken the neutral stand from the question. He got up from the secretary’s chest and sat on the chair. He pouted and placed his chin on the back of his hands on the table.

“That babo likes girls. He is a big fat liar.”

“I did not! Can you let me explain?”

“No, it’s too troublesome for me. Just go away, I don’t want to talk to you ever again.”

Yoseob turned and laid his head on his arms as an act of not wanting to listen. Seeing that Yoseob was being childish over this matter, Gikwang have no choice but to help out.

“Doojoon-ssi, may I know what happened?”

Gikwang winked at Doojoon. If Doojoon was to explain to Gikwang, one, the secretary is able to help me talk to the boy, two, it was the same as explaining to Yoseob since he would surely hear it.

“We saw Gain-noona and Jokwon in the Aquarium last Saturday. I knew the both of them since high school. Jokwon and I were buddies since young and naturally I knew his girlfriend. Damn, noona was famous for her bad habits! She is like…a male-addict! Whenever she sees a pretty or cute b-“

Suddenly, the door got kicked open from the outside causing all three of them to straighten up in shock and stared at the person walking in. Gikwang shook his head in disapproval.

“Can anyone come in normally today?”

At first, only a pair of pretty fair legs could be seen, and as they look up higher, they saw Gain walking in. She was wearing a pair of black ankle boots, with brown leather shorts, a white tank top and a black overall coat. (A/N: idk, I keep thinking about BEG’s Sixth sense. XD) and to top off her own image, she wore a pair of sunglasses.

“N-noona?! What are you doing here?!”

Gain took off her sunglasses and smiled at Doojoon.

“Hi dongsaseng! I came to visit! The security let me in because of my dad’s permission.”

Gain chuckled lightly and spotted Yoseob on his seat. She ran towards him immediately, but was once again stopped by Doojoon blocking in front of her.

“Yah! I want to talk to Yoseob!”

“Andwae! I wouldn’t let you!”

“What’s wrong with you, Yoon Doojoon!?”

Yoseob banged his palms on the table. He stood up angrily and walked towards the two of them. Gikwang joined behind Yoseob to stop the boy in case anything dreadful happened. Gain saw the approach of Yoseob and took the chance to slip past Doojoon. She caught Yoseob’s arms between hers and hugged his arm. Yoseob was a little taken aback by the sudden close contact. He started at her awkwardly and blinked his eyes continuously like a confused pet. Gain squealed at the cute reaction and ruffled his hair.

“You are so cute, Seobbie-ah! Kyaaa, if I have a younger brother like you, I will die happy!!!”

Yoseob was the only child. Therefore since young he had always wanted an elder sibling. When he heard Gain saying that, he felt a sudden thump on his heart. But because his father died at a young age, he has always felt sensitive when people mentioned the three lettered word.

“Noona, you can’t say the ‘die’ word so easily…”

Yoseob looked at Gain with a depressed face. The sudden thought of his father’s death made Yoseob sad. Gikwang placed his hand on top of Yoseob’s head and patted on it. He understands how much Yoseob misses his father. He was the one by Yoseob’s side when his father passed away. He hated to see the tears streaming down the boy’s cheeks. It breaks his heart to see how heartbroken Yoseob was, seeing his father’s body in the wooden box, preparing to be buried.

“Noona-ah, where is Jokwon? And stop clinging to Seobbie will you?”

Doojoon pulled Gain’s hands away from Yoseob. Gain pouted and whined and tried to cling back to Yoseob.

“He is on the way here, stop pulling me! Yoseob-ah, noona wants to look around your school. Will you bring me around?”

Gain smiled and looked at Yoseob. The normal Yoseob would reject and says that it is troublesome. But he couldn’t bear the heart to reject her and just when she wished that he was her sibling. He had a soft spot for her, and he didn’t know why.

“Andwae! I will bring you around instead, Noona. Let’s go!”

Doojoon grabbed onto Gain’s arm and was about to drag her out when Yoseob stopped him. Yoseob squint his eyes while looking at Doojoon and slapped his hand away from Gain.

“Don’t have to bother you, Mr. BUSY President of the Student Council. Kiki-ah, let’s go.”

“E-eh…? D-deh!”

Yoseob said between clenched teeth and guided Gain out of the council room. Gikwang bowed and followed the both of them out of the room. Feeling all pissed and irritating, Doojoon took out his phone and called Jokwon.

“Yah! Where are you?! Bring your stupid girlfriend home, damn it!”

---

Hyunseung was on the way to DUSK when he took out his phone and dialled Zico’s phone. After a few rings, a click was heard and the other line was through.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Zico-ah.”

“…Deh, hyung…”

“Wae? Don’t want to talk to me?”

“…Aniya…But hyung-“

There was interruption at the other side of the line and Zico was stopped by the other person talking. Hyunseung could hear Kyung mumbling, but he couldn’t quite figure out what was said.

“…Never mind hyung. We shall talk when you get here, is that okay?”

“I’m reaching, one more turn. Get a bottle ready for me then. See ya.”

Hyunseung ended the call and fasten his pace into DUSK. He walked into DUSK just to find the atmosphere weird because it was too quiet. Isn’t it supposed to be opening hours now? A confused Hyunseung quickly got into the shop to see all seven males sitting around the bar with Zico and Kyung in the middle. Zico was downing a cup of what seems to be tequila shots from Hyunseung’s guess. Kyung was trying to stop him, but Zico just pushed his hands away and held it under his grip.

“Why isn’t the store opened for business today?”

Minhyuk spotted Hyunseung and quickly shouted out to him.

“Hyung! Thank goodness you are here! We closed it because Zico was totally not in the mood to attend to the bar…”

“What happened again? And where is my whiskey?”

Hyunseung walked forward and sat beside Zico. The latter, who just noticed that Hyunseung came, turned to look at him and sighed. Hyunseung felt offended with that sigh. What’s with that sigh? He did nothing wrong, or did he remember it wrongly?

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Hyung…he is drunk…”

“And because…?”

“…”

None of them dares to reply the eldest male’s question. Knowing that the answer was clear, Hyunseung stood up and sat on the bar top instead. He forcefully pulled the cup of alcohol away from Zico’s lips and downed it himself.

“So, what are you going to say?”

“Stop mixing with Junhyung.”

Zico’s reply made everyone hold their breath. They didn’t dare to imagine what Hyunseung’s reactions are and they didn’t dare to see how badly Zico will be after this. But surprisingly, Hyunseung didn’t take offence to the sentence stated. Instead he looked at Zico calmly and took another cup of tequila shots.

“And the reason?”

“Hyung, are you seriously going to ask him that? He will rant.”

Taeil looked at Hyunseung with pleading eyes. Hyunseung smiled and nodded at him. Pyo whispered something into his lover’s ears to stop him from asking. Pyo knows that Hyunseung needs this to be over and done with. He wants Zico to talk. He needs to straighten everything out with him. He wants to know why Zico is so against Junhyung to the extent of going all out.

“Hyung…has the thought never crossed your mind…has the thought of him being the only heir of Yong Enterprise never cross your mind…?”

The hand that was pouring tequila into Hyunseung’s mouth froze from the question. He had never thought that deep.

“We are just friends, Zi.”

“Hyung, are you really truthful in what you just said? Are you really sure that you wouldn’t fall in love with him in the near future? Are you really going to stay as friends with him forever? Hyung, if the answer is yes, then I wouldn’t say any further than this. I will stop all these rants and rebel.”

Zico looked at Hyunseung in the eyes. The younger looked like he was on the verge of breaking down, on the verge of going on the knees to beg his hyung to not let Junhyung lead him on.

“Seungie hyung, one year ago, I let you handle things on your own. And I regretted that decision till now. After a year, I will not let you handle this alone anymore.”

Zico stood up abruptly, stunning all the six other boys. Kyung stood up with him in fear that he would do something dangerous. Zico just walked and stood in front of Hyunseung. He took his hands in his and looked at him in the eyes.

“He is the prince of Yong Enterprise. Yongguk is just the adopted son, and if he is really going to stay with Himchan forever in his life, Junhyung will be the one succeeding the huge family fortune. And you think his family wouldn’t want him to get married and set up a perfect family? And you think that his family will just let him have his own freedom in his relationship and be with a guy forever?”

“Hyung, you are a guy. You can’t give him children. You can’t produce the next heir for the Yong family. Are you going to tell me, you are okay with him having a wife and you being his secret lover in the dark? No, I will never allow this to happen. Either does any of us here. Hyung, he will end up leaving you like Yongguk. He will end up hurting you just like Yongguk did. Do you think that his parents never once blamed you for what happened to Yongguk? Even if Yongguk is just their adopted child, he is still part of their family. You think they will just let bygones be bygones?”

“If you have ways to settle this problem and not hurting yourself during this pave your chose, I will not interfere anymore. Hyung, I’m not being an over possessive dongsaeng or a crazy dongsaeng that doesn’t want you to get into a relationship anymore. I just want you to be happy in the future. I know you are scared that my kindness and concern to you, I will make Kyung unhappy. But I know he is not a jealous freak that only sees the surface. He knows that and he is loves you too hyung. We all do.”

Hyunseung didn’t know when he started tearing up. He promised not to cry, but he broke this promise once and again. Kyung took the tissues from the bar counter and placed it into Hyunseung’s palms. He gave Hyunseung a tight hug. Hyunseung grabbed onto the back of his shirt and cried onto his shoulder. He didn’t like the thought of it. He didn’t think that far. He just thought that the time he spent with Junhyung was really great. He enjoyed being with Junhyung and he wants it to be like this till the end. He never thought about how their future would be like, the obstacles, other’s gossips and all the consequences of being with Junhyung.

“Hyung…”

Hyunseung stopped his sobs and looked at Zico. He wiped off all the tears on his face and calmed himself down.

“Zi, I understand what you are implying and to be frank I really didn’t think that far. I really enjoy the times I’m with him and I thought that being friends was enough for me right now. But I guess he would want more than just friends. But being more than friends meant that we will have lots of obstacles and consequences to face and bear with. And I wouldn’t know if I could face them without breaking down…”

Hyunseung looked onto his fingers that were on his lap and once again tears filled his eyes.

“I think…I will just have to make it clear to him…that friends are the furthest stage we can get…”

Taeil went over and placed his hand on Hyunseung’s head. He played with Hyunseung’s bangs as an act of comfort and looked into his eyes.

“Hyung, we are here for you no matter what happens. You have us, when you need a shoulder to lean on when you are tired. And in DUSK, who doesn’t like Shadow-ssi? Why limit yourself to one tree when you can choose from a forest?”

Taeil smiled to him cutely. Hyunseung let out a breath and ruffled Taeil’s hair.

“Yeah, hyung! You can choose me! I’m still available!”

Jaehyo raised his arm up high and smiled at Hyunseung. Yukwon rolled his eyes and flicked his forehead.

“Babo! You are STRAIGHT, damn it. Why would hyung even wants you?”

“At least learn to dance before speaking, dude.”

Kyung scowled. He smiled at Hyunseung with all his grease and his lips with failed seduction. Zico saw that and pulled Kyung away from his hyung.

“Yah, am I invisible?”

Zico looked at Kyung with a pout on his lips. All the other males who saw the reaction of Zico held onto their stomachs as they laughed out loud. And Hyunseung thought.

At least I still have these kids.

A/N: opps, SOTD is back to angst~ :x kekeke! Im really busy these few days and I have no time to write. Oh, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :DDDD kekekekeke! I spent my whole Christmas eve out with my besties dancing out life out and I had lots of fun. Kekeke! How are you~~~~!? :3 kekeke! Oh well, I finally found the time to finish this and I have to go out now. Orz for a movie with my family. And next up… DENG DENG DENG,

NEXT WEDNESDAY (28 DEC) is my 1st year anniversary as a fic author. Yayyyyy BAKKSU~ kekekekeke~ sooooooo…anniversary special will be up next Wednesday! What time I will post it up… hmm… depends on what time my bestie, mingi bb, helps me with the juran edit for it. :) kekeke! All right, stay tuned! Peace out, Fel going off~!!!!! \0/