Chapter 10

Shadows of the Dark

“Where are we going?”
 
Hyunseung asked, taking obvious peeps at Junhyung. The latter noticed and can’t keep the smile from spreading across his heart-shaped lips.
 
“We are going somewhere nice for a first date.”
 
Junhyung added a wink after the sentence. Hyunseung blushed immediately, turning his head towards the window and mumbled,
 
“W-what date…We are not even real dates…”
 
Junhyung chuckled and continue concentrating on the road. Hyunseung felt a slight vibration in his pants. He tilted to the side and took his phone out from his pocket. It was a text from Zico. He clicked on the screen to enter the message.
 
From: Zico Baby
 
Hyung, Geurim told me you will not be coming to DUSK tonight, wae?
 
Hyunseung gasped out loud when he finish reading the text. Junhyung frowned upon hearing Hyunseung. He was about to ask his date what had happened when Hyunseung spoke first.
 
“Oh ! I forgot to ask Geurim to think of an excuse to tell Zico!”
 
After realizing that he just cussed out loud, Hyunseung quickly covered his mouth with huge wide eyes staring at Junhyung. He mumbled a soft apology to the driver. Junhyung chuckled and shook his head.
 
“No, it’s okay. I do scold vulgarities too, just not that loud. So…what excuses were you talking about?”
 
“…”
 
“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. But it’s better to have two heads thinking than one.”
 
“…I forgot to tell Zico that I’m not going to his club tonight. Remember…DUSK? I go there every night. But I didn’t tell Zico that I will be meeting you tonight…I couldn’t…”
 
“…Couldn’t…? Because of what happened on the roof?”
 
“Don’t misunderstand! I’m just afraid that if I let Zico know, he wouldn’t let me meet you at all.”
 
“Hmmm…so you meant you lied to your friend just to meet me?”
 
“A-andwaeyo…! I didn’t lie! I just…Aish…Stop it you…”
 
Hyunseung pouted and it made Junhyung chuckle with a skip of his heartbeat at the cuteness of Hyunseung.
 
“I was just kidding. You seems to tense around me, I just wanted to make you loosen up. Mian~ Hmmm…excuse…how about…calling your sister now, tell her to act along with your lie. Tell Zico that you are still not feeling well from what happened yesterday and you don’t feel like going?”
 
Junhyung suggested and turned his eyes back to the road. Hyunseung’s face lightened up, he quickly click on his screen to make a call to Geurim.
 
“Geurim-ah, did Zico ask you where did I go? Hmmm…did he know that I’m not at home? Ahhh, you are the best. If he asks you, tell him that I’m still not feeling well, and I don’t feel like going anywhere or see anyone. Got it? I will be back as soon as possible. If he comes, don’t let him in. Mmmm! I will treat you to something nice tomorrow, okay? Heehee, that’s my sweet dongsaeng. Araso, deh~”
 
After Hyunseung ended the call with Geurim, he then quickly sent a text back to Zico, acting all emotional and sad that he didn’t feel like leaving his room for tonight and promise that he will be all well tomorrow. In a second, Zico replied with an ‘Okay, take care Hyung. You have to get well soon. I will buy you lots of chicken if you come tomorrow.’ Hyunseung heaved a huge sigh of relief after reading the text.
 
“Omg, hah…success! Ahhh thank you thank you thank you thank you! You saved me again!”
 
Hyunseung, who was too happy to notice what he was doing, hugged Junhyung tightly around the neck, leaving only a small distance between their lips and smiled at the latter cutely. Junhyung ruffled Hyunseung’s hair and hugged him back at the waist.
 
“Your way of saying thanks to your stalker that you just met up is too daring.”
 
Junhyung teased, and laughed when Hyunseung quickly pushed him away and sat back on his seat with a deep blush on his cheekbones. Hyunseung then noticed that the car has stopped moving and is already parked in the lot.
 
“We reached already?”
 
“If you were driving, with your slow reactions, I guess the traffic police will be earning a huge amount of coffee money.”
 
Junhyung teased again and mentally took note that Hyunseung’s pout was the cutest thing he ever ssaw in his eighteen years of life.
 
“I didn’t know that my stalker was such a big bully.”
 
“I can’t help myself when the one I’m stalking is so cute when he is being teased.”
 
“Aish, can you quit being so direct!”
 
“Admit that you like it~”
 
“Aish, jinja…”
 
Hyunseung quickly opened his seat door and went out of the car. Junhyung follow suit and locked his car. He walked over to the doe-eyed boy and held his left wrist.
 
“Let’s go~!”
 
Junhyung announced as he pulled Hyunseung with him into this Japanese styled restaurant. It was a comfy ramen restaurant with half of the store already filled up with customers. Most of them were chatting and enjoying drinking from the soju bottles and glass cups in their hands, while there are a few couples sitting and eating with smiles on their faces. Junhyung took Hyunseung towards the front of the ordering counter when they saw two men kissing. The slightly taller man was holding onto the shorter male’s head. Sounds of slick saliva could be heard and the both man who just step foot into the store was staring with wide shock across their eyes. Both of them froze in their place, shocked by the lovebirds that were enjoying their couple moment with so many customers in the shop. Junhyung, who first regained his composure, knocked his knuckles on the wooden counter and cleared his throat to get the attention of the kissing couples.
 
“Excuse me, can you stop your lovely dovey acts and at least notice that I’m here, Heenim hyung?”
 
The shorter male pulled away from the kiss and turned to glare at whoever who interrupted his couple time. And to his surprise, it was Junhyung. He pushed his lover away and jumped out of the counter and in front of his dongsaeng.
 
“Yah, babo dongsaeng!”
 
Heechul, a hyung of Junhyung which he knew since elementary school, ruffled Junhyung hair and signaled for his lover to come out of the counter to join them too. Heechul turned and noticed Hyunseung standing there, still frozen from the scene he saw. Heechul waved his hand in front of Hyunseung, trying to get him back to Earth.
 
“Haaaaaaalo~ Earth to cutie~”
 
Hyunseung was pulled back from his trance and stared at Heechul blankly. Heechul tsked and looked towards Junhyung.
 
“What? This is the Ice Princess that you were crazy for? He looks more like a lost deer.”
 
Heechul commented and wrapped his arms around his new lover. Junhyung went out to stand next to Hyunseung and gave him a warm smile before turning back to his hyung.
 
“You were the one who made him so scared. Please, hyung, even in your shop, seriously?”
 
“It’s nothing, we were just kissing. If the customers were not here, I would be begging him to pu-“
 
“OKAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!”
 
Junhyung covered one of his ears and covered one of Hyunseung’s ears with his free hand. Heechul rolled his eyes and leaned his head on his lover’s chest.
 
“Oh, I forgot to introduce. This is Hangeng, my boyfriend. This is Junhyung, my babo dongsaeng which is also my childhood friend and beside him is his crush, Hyunseung.”
 
“Hyung…! You shouldn’t say that in front of Hyunseung…And I thought your boyfriend was…Siwoon?”
 
Junhyung tried to recall the name of the guy he saw with his hyung a few weeks ago. Heechul glared at him with eyes warning him to mind his words. Junhyung scratched his neck awkwardly and mouthed a word of apology to his hyung. Hangeng just stood up and held his hand out for a handshake. Junhyung gladly took his hand and shook it. Hangeng wanted to shake Hyunseung’s hand when the said boy gave him a cold look, and stare at him blankly. Junhyung’s right hand moved and held onto Hyunseung’s right elbow from the back. He bowed to Hangeng in apology and explained.
 
“I’m sorry, Hyunseung is a little cold to people who he is not close to.”
 
Heechul suddenly jumped and clapped happily. He hugged Hyunseung and leaned his chin on his shoulder.
 
“Ahhhh! This is it! I understand now! This is the ice princess expression! No wonder you are charmed by him, Junnie-ah. He is sooooooo pretty when he gave that cold stare. Omo, can I have a taste of him?”
 
Junhyung quickly pulled Hyunseung out of his hyung’s grasp and made him stand behind him.
 
“Andwae!”
 
“Tch, selfish. It’s okay, I have my Hannie~”
 
Heechul went beside Hangeng and hugged him tightly, pout keeping on his lips. Junhyung sighed and shook his head, thinking to himself why did he even listen to Heechul and bring Hyunseung to his restaurant for a date. It’s ruining their date.
 
“Hyung…Didn’t you say you wanted to help me? It seems like you are ruining it instead…”
 
“Deh deh, go get a table. I will serve you in a minute, ne? Mian dongsaeng ah~”
 
Junhyung sighed and guided Hyunseung to a table. Both of them settled down and Hyunseung looked at Junhyung curiously. Junhyung tilted his head to the side when he noticed the questioning look Hyunseung gave him.
 
“Why are you looking at me like that?”
 
“Why did you bring me here?”
 
“…Sigh, I wanted to bring you to a place which is warm, cozy and memorable. I have never been to dates, nor have I dated before. So I could only ask Heechul hyung which is really experienced in this area. And end up…I think he ruined it…”
 
Junhyung puffed and lean his chin on his knuckles in defeat.  Hyunseung thought, warm and cozy, yes this place has it. Memorable? Maybe in the wrong way? He silently chuckled to himself and just at the same time Heechul placed a few plates of dishes on their table with a bottle of soju and two glass cups.
 
“Yah, I didn’t ruin it. You have to wait for the time to be ripe all right. My restaurant is a special one. It runs as a ramen restaurant, the foods I sell are all Japanese and my main dish is ramen. But I have special hour every day. And it’s….starting…now…”
 
There was a small unnoticeable stage at the store, a small corner that wouldn’t be noticed unless mentioned. Hangeng stood there, holding a microphone in his hand.
 
“Good evening all customers. I’m sure many of you here are customers who are waiting for this moment. Our daily performances of singers who come up and sing, we are in honor to be able to invite the group – Secret! Put on a round of applause for their performance!”
 
Four pretty ladies walked up the stage with microphones in their hands. The melody of the song started playing.
 
I can see the Neverland – can you see it?
The unchanging place – I’m here in Neverland
The land that never changes with everyone’s laughs
And my love in your heart, always always

 
My heart that used to not believe in anything was blank
The adventure of meeting you is an irony but
At some point, you became my boy baby boo honeydew
With you always think about you
Our cautious relationship, our secret pair
I promise forever, you’re always not alone
Palace in Neverland

 
You and I, Neverland together
Always together, Neverland together
We can dream whatever
Dream a dream, everything will come true
Here in Neverland together Fall in love forever
I love you, this place will keep our love forever

 
(A/N: Secret’s Neverland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73M9xiPDseo, I didn’t put all the lyrics up in this fic, I only put the parts that are important. ^^)
 
All of them clapped when the four ladies ended the song. And the three other singers left the stage, leaving only the blonde girl who Hyunseung remembered was the rapper since she only rapped in the previous song. Hyunseung was amused, their voices were really beautiful. He was clapping so hard for them and Junhyung saw, saw the excitement in Hyunseung’s eyes which was threatening to explode. Heechul smirked and helped both of them fill their cups with soju while the background music of the blonde girl rapping filled the atmosphere with a hip hop aura.
 
“My place is a Neverland. I will make sure that your love will grow here. And you will fall in love forever in here.”
 
Heechul winked and left the two guys alone. Both of them fell into awkwardness until Junhyung decided to break the silence.
 
“How are you? Feeling better?”
 
Hyunseung played with the glass cup in his fingers. He nodded lightly and looked up at Junhyung with a gentle expression on his face. He smiled a little just a slight tilt in his lips but Junhyung appreciates it.
 
“I have grown stronger, thanks to your help.”
 
“Does it still hurt at the mention of their names?”
 
Hyunseung’s hands froze and his whole body tensed up. He looked away from Junhyung’s eyes and looked at his fingers play with the cup instead.
 
“I don’t know. I tell myself that I wouldn’t hurt anymore. But I have never tested myself…”
 
“…Am I allowed to test you then?”
 
Hyunseung looked up to him again. There was only fear in his eyes, but Hyunseung swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded to Junhyung again.
 
“Did you see that girl who started the song just now, the one with the darker brown hair?”
 
Hyunseung nodded again, gripping his fingers tight around the poor glass cup. Junhyung noticed and pulled the cup away from his hand. He placed Hyunseung’s hand on top of his and drew soft circles on the top of his flesh side of the palm with his free hand.
 
“She is Yongguk’s cousin, blood related and distant relative. Both of them know each other since young, and still keep in contact now. She and her group came here and perform when I asked her for a favor to help my hyung’s shop.”
 
Junhyung saw Jieun talking to Heechul. He waved to her and signaled for her to come over. Hyunseung was surprised that he getting fidgety due to the fact that Junhyung’s hands were touching his hand and not with the fact that Yongguk was mentioned. Jieun got to them and she looked really pretty upfront. Hyunseung, who was always the ice princess in front of others, kept a blank expression.
 
“You are…Hyunseung, I guess?”
 
Jieun said and smiled at him sweetly. Hyunseung thought in his heart, if I was straight, she will be my type. He gave a slight smile and nodded at her. She giggled and placed her hand on Junhyung’s shoulders.
 
“Jun oppa, treat people better, you got it? He is so pretty! I could have mistaken him as a girl. If only he likes me, I will be so happy to have such a pretty boyfriend.”
 
Jieun teased Junhyung. Junhyung laughed and looked up at her.
 
“Oh, really…I guess I have to tell Donghae that you find someone prettier than him. And tell him that his fan has a crush on another guy.”
 
Junhyung teased back. Jieun pouted and hit Junhyung’s shoulders.
 
“Hyunseung oppa, don’t fall in love with this bad guy. Jun oppa is a bad guy. He bullies girls!”
 
Jieun huffed and did a cute biting action before smiling to Hyunseung and bidding goodbye before leaving the table. And suddenly a couple walked in and rings a bell at the door that was meant for customers that want to announce something.
 
“It’s our one year anniversary since the first time we got together in this shop. We would like to share our happiness with everyone here. All soju under our bill!”
 
All the customers cheered and raised their cups to them, congratulating the couple. Junhyung got up too to wish the couple as it was his friends. It was Donghae and Hyukjae, Heechul hugged the couple who came. Jieun went up and spazz like a fan while talking to the prettier boy, who was Donghae. Hyunseung then realized that a small smile was spreading across his lips.
 
“I guess it’s true that when people around are feeling happy, you will get affected too.”
 
“Of course.”
 
Junhyung answered. Hyunseung think maybe he could really consider starting off as friends with Junhyung.
 
“Thank you, thank you for bringing me to this wonderful place.”
 
“You are welcome here anytime.”
 
Heechul came to give them a new bottle of Soju. Hyunseung smiled and nodded.
 

♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂

A/N: im sorry if the fluff is a little awkward. I can’t help it. After all the news of junhara, I cnt help but want to cry. I keep tellin myself, if I believe wad is true, it will forever live in my heart. Idk wad to say, im hurt, so badly. News after news, I can’t take it. and i kept listening to JYJ - W, making me all emotional. although im not a cassie, i feel the pain.
 
The next fic will be a junseung (I will tink about if I should mak it angst or not, depends on my junseung heart, maybe angst with happy ending? Idk). It might be a last fic for a while. School is starting nxt mon. and I want to concentrate on it. I will be writin sotd on wkends and I try to post at least one chp each wk. but junseung one-shots, I will see all right? The junseung s I promised, I will write them, but not now.