Soul Reader

Own Me...

 

     Seungho opened his eyes to find himself in his own bedroom,all tucked in.He turned to face the ceiling.

     Was that a dream?Or did it really happen?What dream?That was a freaking nightmare.

     Suddenly,his bedroom door opened.His parents were standing at the threshold,eyes wide open in disbelief.

      ''Yang Seungho!Did you climb into your room?I could have sworn you weren't anywhere in the house!''

      ''Umma,I was home way before you all got back from work.Uhh...Guess I fell asleep...Uh...Under the bed?...Mm,neh…''he replied groggily,making sure that he sounded as if someone had woken him up from a deep sleep.

     Pathetic.

      Seungho pulled his blanket over his head,pretending to go back to sleep.He tried ignoring his parents' hushed whispers as they shut the door.

      ''Ah...As long as he's already safe and sound at home,we shouldn't worry anymore,''his father said,trying to console his agitated mother.


     Bang Cheolyong took a deep drag of his cigarette,blowing smoke rings into the air.It was,unfortunately, a failed attempt at calming his nerves.His body was unable to react to smoking as it once did when he was still alive.Maybe it's a bad idea to smoke right at this moment?He leaned across Byoungki,stubbing his cigarette out on the ashtray by the bed.Dammit.

 

      He sat up on his side of the bed,dangling his legs off it and waiting till he could actually feel them.Slipping out of bed,he scurried out of the room and into his own.The first thing he did as soon as he locked the door was to head into the bathroom.He turned the shower tap,collapsing to the floor after doing so,letting the jet of water attacked his body.

 

      Why am I so weak?The mere taste of blood was enough to whet my appetite.

 

      He tasted bile in his throat,making himself retch.He tried to scrub himself of Byoungki's taste and touch.He scrubbed himself so raw,that he could even see red scratch marks,of his own doing, appearing.The seemingly endless spray of warm water on his back hid the tears streaming down his face.Those tears which he had fought so hard to keep from pouring down his cheeks as Byoungki held him captive against his own body were currently wetting his cheeks.He shamefully turned his head in order to cleanse his face of those stupid tears.

 

      Do I have to live like this forever?I've never wished for such a fate to befall me...Why...Me?

 

      Mir pulled at his hair.Maybe he should be grateful that Byoungki was kind enough to take him in,providing him food,shelter and studies.However,whatever he had to pay back in return for that particular kindness was simply revolting.Mir retched once more,rubbing his chest to soothe himself.He's just not meant to be some .Too bad he,a newly-turned vampire with no relations in this dark world,was unable to find anyone better than Byoungki-hyung to turn to.

 

     His pimp was one hell of a bloodsucker.He should be lucky that Byoungki had taken him away from the horrific whorehouse.Yes.Yes.He should be grateful,not whine like some unsatisfied human being.Mir pulled his knees in with his arms,resting his head on top of them.

 

     I should really not ask for too much.Byoungki hyung...I don't want him to throw me out...I’ll suffer an even worser fate.


     Seungho was daydreaming once again.He was unable to catch any glimpse of Bang Cheolyong.Weird guy.

 

      Where are you puppy?

 

      He played with his pen,pretending that he was paying full attention to Mrs Lee's lesson when his mind was actually elsewhere.

 

      I wonder if Cheolyong's okay.He-

 

      The images from last night came crashing down on him all of a sudden.The sickening rush of moving images re-enacting in his mind made Seungho push away his desk.Hard.He landed on the floor as the legs of his chair rocked backwards.The entire chair lost momentum and in a split second,Seungho found himself lying on the floor.

 

      Thank God there was no one seating behind me...

 

      Black.


     He opened his eyes to find himself in the sick bay.Nurse Park was tending to him,cleaning the cuts on his legs.Seungho sat up abruptly and felt the stinging pain on his legs.It seems like the stings,pricking him like needles,weren’t going away anytime soon.

 

      The beautiful nurse chided him,raising a hand to tuck a few strands of blond hair behind an ear before pushing Seungho’s shoulders back in order to get his whole upper body back on the bed.

 

      “Seungho-sshi,you shouldn’t get up till I finish cleaning your wounds,arasso?”Nurse Park scolded him gently, his cheek.

 

      He remembered a time when he was infatuated with this woman.In fact,while he wasn’t interested in her any longer (He just realized how attractive brunettes (like Bang Cheolyong) are.),a considerable amount of the school population,are still chasing after her.Every fluid movement she made was able to fascinate him to the point of making him crazy.Was.Now,all he could did was stare and wait for her to finish doing what she was supposed to do.

 

      Seungho wanted to reply her;to tell her that he understood every word of what she said,but found that he was unable to open his mouth.No,it wasn’t that he was too tired to talk.There was no numbness in his lips to prevent him from opening his mouth.The frantic boy raised his hands to attempt prying his lips apart.

 

     But hands and arms stayed magically glued to the bed.And that was when he realized that there was something wrong with the picture.The lights in the room were flickering on and off non-stop.A gust of wind swept through the room…But the windows were shut.Tight.The atmosphere turned even more sinister as he watched the ethereal-looking nurse ing his shirt,a thin smile lingering on her lips.

 

      The lithe woman was halfway through ing his shirt,dragging her fingers down his torso.

 


      Mir looked around the cafeteria,looking for Yang Seungho.He scanned the tables for that familiar face,but to no avail.Seungho.Seungho-ah.Seungho-hyung.Angel where are you?

 

 Tzzzkk.

 

      An image of a blond woman climbing on top of Seungho passed his mind vividly.It seemed like the guy was all too willing to get it on with the petite woman.But his expression said otherwise.The vision disappeared as fast as lightning.Willing the image back into his head was futile,but he still had to try.It took him a while to realize that he was standing in the middle of the cafeteria.Too late.A girl bumped into him,flinging him forward and onto the floor.Quickly,he got back up on his feet,patting the dust off his pants.

 

     .He needed to know just where those two were.And get that off my man.

 

     “Ah!Mianhae!Mianhae!”The girl apologized profusely.

 

     She then froze at the exact moment when Mir saw that image of Seungho and that filthy filthy filthy woman in his head once more.An expression which could only be described as wonder crossed her face.

 

     “What are you-?”She paused,and then closed her eyes once more before hissing, “What the hell?Seungho!”

 

     In a blink of an eye,Soyeon ran off to find her friend.

 

     “Bwoh?”Mir asked,speaking to no one in particular.

 

     He ended up trailing the girl,having no trouble keeping pace with her as she lead them both to where Seungho was being held captive.Ah,one of the advantages of being a vampire.

 


     Seungho was only able to stare in horror as the nurse cupped his crotch,burying her face into his neck.Something sharp was jabbing at his neck.Two somethings.The only other time he’d ever felt that feeling was when Mir-

 

     The door burst open as Soyeon and Mir stepped into the room.

 

     “.Yang Seungho.Why didn’t you remind me to lock the door?”Nurse Park asked agitatedly as she leapt off the bed and to the floor.

 

     All three students looked at her,dumbfounded,as she buttoned up Seungho’s shirt.She looked down at herself to ensure that she looked prim and proper before looking back up to see three confused faces staring back at her.

 

     “What?”She asked unabashedly.

 

     Then,she turned her head towards Mir,somehow knowing that only he could understand her next few words.

 

     “I could have wiped away his memory after my meal,you know,”she said wryly,fixing the cap on her head.

 

     “What are you?You…Two…”Soyeon asked Mir,suddenly curious.

 

     Mir turned the tables on her. “I could ask you that question myself.”

 

     Seungho rolled his eyes,still frozen on the bed.How he wished he could get them to tell Nurse Park to remove her spell.He was already feeling antsy all over.