Chapter 18

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

I woke up early just to see him not home already…

The maids said he left home first thing in the morning…

Last night… I had the hardest time putting myself to sleep… thinking about him who’s just a wall away from me…

It keeps on bothering me why he didn’t go to his lover’s house… he could’ve just spend the night with her… rather than spending it alone in that cold room…

I kept on shifting my body on the bed to every side... but no matter what, his face kept on flashing inside my mind… I don’t know why… but it keeps on bothering me to follow him… thinking that he’s alone in there wants me to check on him…

But that would just be a big mistake… I know I’ll be the last person he would want to see… I’ll be the last person he would want to be with, especially now that he’s alone… just by thinking how disgusted he is when it comes to me feels like my insides are burning like hell…

And if by any chance he would not be disgusted by my presence… there will be only one reason behind that… the fact that I am just a thing to feed his needs…a mere thing just to satisfy the lust inside of him.

Pathetic… I really am pathetic am I…? A strand of hope is enough but how come and since when did I start being too full of myself.

But still no matter how I restrain myself from thinking how much he’s changed… how much of an odd thing it is to see him and to feel from him some slight of tenderness… there’s something inside me that keeps on pushing me to read him further…

Understanding him is not enough… I feel like I want to know more about him… even if it would mean that I’ll receive more pain from him in the process.
--
His eyes… Those same eyes that I saw during that dinner… the same eyes that drawn me into a deep bliss after that one gentle night from him… I felt my heart stopped when I saw it again last night… from the man who brought pain to me… how it could give remedy to my aching heart…

And the warmth of his hand… the soft touch that until now I could still feel on my hand… how I wished to be held by him that way… even just for a while… that stolen moment was like a gift from the heavens… another gentleness from him that surely is enough to cure the pain he had inflicted in me that day.
--
“Omma where’s uncle Jiyong…?”

She heard her little angel’s voice… she flinched a bit thinking that he’s probably with his lover right now… spending the weekend together with her, especially that his parents won’t be around… A normal moment with him, just like the last night’s would remain as a stolen happiness for her…

She reached for the little girl’s face and wiped off the crumbs on the side of its lips… she forced her lips to curve a smile, hiding the forming sadness inside of her.

“Baby… you know uncle Jiyong’s a busy person right…? So he wouldn’t be able to join us today…”

She saw the little girl pouted in disappointment.

“Omma, uncle Jiyong is busy just like appa…?”

She asked again while chewing on her food.

“Yes baby he is…”

She said weakly… her niece pouted once again which made her chuckled a bit… Soojin never fails to bring happiness to her even just by her smallest act.

“But Soojin wants to play more with uncle… why is it that, they’re always busy omma…? Appa… uncle and sometimes even omma…”

Dara sighed… here her niece again with her tantrums…

She lifted her niece by its waist after she finished her food… settling her on the counter as she brought its plate to the sink… and again, she heard her niece spoke.

“But how about CL-roo…? Or uncle Youngbae…! Omma…! I want to play again with uncle Youngbae…!”

Soojin’s eyes widen in delight… she sure had a great time with Youngbae last night… and just then, there she finally remembered about Youngbae.
‘Why didn’t he come back…?’

‘Did something bad happen to him…?’

Trails of thoughts immediately filled her mind… she suddenly felt nervous thinking how could she forget about him… she was too absorbed with her own stolen happiness that she forgot about the man who helped her to have a wonderful night.

But a part of her… a selfish part of her says that maybe it was somewhat a good thing that Youngbae wasn’t there… that whatever his reasons are for not coming back gave her the chance to have another moment with her husband… another chance to see another side of Jiyong once again…

She shook her head… how could she think of that…?

She turned back… leaving her niece looking at her wonderingly… she got the phone and was about to dial a number but she stopped… remembering she doesn’t even know Youngbae’s number… she stayed in her spot while continuously

Please log in to read the full chapter