Chapter 15

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

He stirred from his sleep… his forehead creased and slowly his eyes fluttered open… 

A small figure standing at his side… looking directly at him while continuously poking his face with it’s little finger… chuckling on the process… 

He grunted and rubbed his eyes to adjust his vision… and there he saw the little replica of his wife… wearing a very cute rabbit pajamas… flashing him yet again another sweet smile… her hair disheveled a bit… and her chubby pink cheeks were now rosy in its color… she really looked adorably cute.

“Is uncle Jiyong finally awake…?”

The little girl’s cute voice broke the silence… 

He propped himself up with his elbow… and immediately Soojin wrapped her arms around his neck… his eyes widen in surprise… he almost fell on the floor if not for his hands caught himself before falling.

The little girl giggled… he held her tiny waist and brought themselves up and seated on the couch… the little girl comfortably seated on his lap…

He felt warm again… somehow wondering how the little girl could be so comfortable with him… 

“What’s wrong baby…?”

After gathering his voice to spoke such affection… he finally managed to sound soft towards the little girl… 

With her arms still s along his neck… she looked up to him…

“Uncle Jiyong… Soojin is hungry…” 

She said pouting a bit… which he can’t help but for his lips to curve into a slight smile… he then unconsciously reached for the kid’s cheek and pinched it a bit…

“Where’s your omma…?” 

Not really comfortable addressing his wife as the little girl’s mom… he still managed for he knows it would be unfamiliar for the little girl to be called his wife her aunt… 

And upon asking the girl… he turned his gaze to their bed and saw his wife still sleeping peacefully... he dropped his gaze… and just then he felt little hands cupping his face.

“Soojin wants uncle Jiyong to cook… omma won’t wake up... I think omma’s tired from waiting for someone last night…”

The little girl now’s playing with her fingers… he wondered… is she waiting for him last night…? He turned to his wife once again… gritted his teeth and shook off the thought…

He carried the little girl to his arms as she s her arms to his neck again… 

“Arasso… let’s get you something to eat neh..?”

He said to the little girl… she giggled and when he’s about to walk their way out of the room… the little girl tugged on his shirt for him to stop his tracks… he brought his face back to see the little girl.

“What’s wrong…?”

He asked…

“Soojin forgot to kiss omma a good morning kiss…”

The little girl wriggled her little and short legs from his hold… he then gently put the little girl down… watched her as she ran towards their bed and hopped on to reach his wife…

The little girl cupped his wife’s face and gave her a soft kiss on her lips… he looked away for he can’t take seeing a sweet moment from the two… but immediately turned back his gaze when he noticed his wife stirred a bit from her sleep…

“Soojin-ah… come on baby… let your omma have her sleep..”

He called the girl silently… Soojin nodded and quickly went down from the bed and ran towards him… he cupped her up to his arms and made their way out… glancing to his wife one last time before closing the door.

--

The maids gathered at the entrance of the kitchen… all were peeking through the sides… watching the two figures inside… a man busily working on a pancake… and a little girl seated on a counter watching the man with her short legs dangling back and forth.

The maids giggled to themselves seeing their young master having a hard time flipping the pancake… while the, oblivious to the eyes watching behind his back is totally focused on what he’s doing.

He didn’t complain… no words came out from him… totally battling the pan to flip off the pancake… while the little girl watched him in amazement when at last he finally flip it off without ruining its form.

The little girl clapped her small hands which brought Jiyong back from his seriousness… he put his very first pancake on one plate... wiped off the forming sweat on his forehead before readying himself to cook another one…

He could’ve just ask the maids to cook it for the kid… but the little girl’s stubbornness made him to do it… pouting on him and throwing a tantrum made him a bit uneasy… his first time of cooking… all because of a little girl… 

“Uncle Jiyong…”

Her tiny voice called him… he didn’t turn to her but continuously worked on his second pancake… the girl called him again…

“Ah… yes…?”

He asked still not turning around.

“Is uncle Jiyong a friend of omma too…?”

He then suddenly stiffened… merely forgot to flip the pancake and almost burned it… he quickly turned the stove off… 

Unable to hear his answer the little girl asked him again… tilting her head to the side…

He forgot the fact that the little girl still doesn’t know about them… now hesitating if he should tell her… concerned if her young mind would understand that her omma’s his wife.

“Uhmm… yes… I am…”

Just agreeing to the little child’s assumptions… even thinking that a term ‘friend’ for Dara would never deserve him. 

“Omma is beautiful… neh uncle Jiyong…?”

He the stove and continued to cook… listening to the little girl’s story about his wife… 

“I want to be as beautiful as omma when I grow up… appa said that I look like omma…”

He’s now on the third pancake… and still Soojin continued on her stories… if it’s just some person, he would now maybe annoyed… but now, he just can’t help but to admire the little girl’s jolliness… 

Thinking that

Please log in to read the full chapter