Chapter 14

I Love You, Ji-Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: Everything Gone Wrong

 

No-One’s Point Of View

Hye-Eung escaped and I found her. I thought this will be an end but I was wrong, so completely wrong.

I tightened my grip on my steering wheel, trying to block out the world for even just a second but I can’t. Dara, she was all over my mind.

 

“IT’S DARA! SHE WAS THE ONE BEHIND ALL OF THIS, JI-YONG!”

“Don’t you dare accused her of something she didn’t do, Hye-Eung! Don’t you dare!”

“Why won’t you just believe me?! I swear it’s was her, Ji-Yong, please trust me this once! Please, Ji-Yong, please!”

She was sobbing, in fact crying hard to the fact that the man in front of her refused to believe her word. He was confused as well, even more confused than her. How could Dara do something like this, and for all he know, she never will.

“Please, trust me. I’m serious, Ji-Yong. I heard her telling the guys to do whatever they want to me because she hated me! She even called me a ! I don’t know why she’s doing this to me and she said because I wouldn’t leave you, I love you, Ji-Yong, I would never leave you and she got mad!”

He was staring at the woman in front of him, body full of real bruises, he didn’t want to believe her word and he’s not going to.

But his action tells otherwise.

 

Please don’t do this to me, Dara. I thought to myself.

 

“Dara? Dara, where are you?”

He walked up the stairs after he couldn’t locate Dara anywhere on the first floor. He banged the bedroom door open and still found no one.

“Ji-Yong?”

He snapped his head back, only to find the petite girl in a white oversize t-shirt and a black leggings standing timidly in front of her.

“Dara?”

“You’re back? I’ve been wai…”

“Are you the one?”

“I’m sorry, I don’t get what yo…”

“Are you the one that hire them to kidnap Hye-Eung?”

“Oh my god.” She murmurs under her breath.

“Please Dara, I want to hear it from you. I know you’re not the one but I need you to hear it from you. Please, tell me that you’re not the one. Please.” He sobbed, still standing strong on the spot as their distant between them was far yet close enough to feel each other presence.

“I can’t believe this. Oh my god.” Dara placed a palm on her forehead as she pushed all her hair back. And now what’s this going to be? Her being the bad guy? She thought to herself.

He didn’t say a word. He was waiting for her reply. He was waiting for her to tell him she’s not the one.

“Da…”

“No, I wasn’t the one.”

He was relieved, but not quite relieved. He hated himself, he hated himself for being such a coward. He was afraid. He was afraid of what’s going  to come next.

“Give me your phone.” He mumbles, still loud enough for her to hear.

“What?”

“Give me your phone, Dara.”

“No, no, I’m not giving you my phone!”

“GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE, DARA!”

“Why? Why had you ask me when in the end you’re still suspecting me?”

“Please, don’t make it hard on me.”

“You’re not going  to do this, Ji-Yong. You know I’m not the one, why are you doing this? Is it because Hye-Eung tells you I’m the one kidnapping her? And you trust you? You trust her, don’t you?”

“Dara…”

“I tried to explain to  you earlier but you wouldn’t listen! Now I’m going to repeat this once, and only once, I’m not the culprit. And I didn’t hire any of them torture her, Ji-Yong. She’s just making it all up by herself. She’s dangerous!”

“Her bruises are real, Dara! Have you seen how broken she’s when I found her?!”

“No, I’ve not! In fact, do you know how broken I’m right now?! Fancy my husband is suspecting for the crime I didn’t do, and for the fact that you think I stoop this low!”

“Please give me your phone.”

Dara stood there, still stunned by what he said. She didn’t said a word but nevertheless, handed him her phone. A tear fell down his cheeks as he scroll down her call log and her inbox.

“What is it?” He looked up to her, with visible tears on his cheeks as the fluorescent light of the mobile screen lit up onto his face, he stretched his hand out to her, making the screen faces her completely.

She was taken aback too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter