Chapter 9

I Love You, Ji-Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: The Chocolate Cake

 

No-One’s Point Of View

That little hug last night meant a lot for Dara and little does he know that it was basically the best advance birthday present for her.

It was 10:09am on a cold November morning. It was also Dara’s 20th birthday. What does it matters any, she thought to herself. Nobody remembers her birthday and nobody celebrates her, well, other than the servants in the previous house.

Dara always spent her birthday alone and without fail, she would visit the empty warehouse near the woods where no one would ever go. She finds peace there and she definitely would love to spend all her time in the isolated warehouse.

12:00pm sharp. She was all prepared in her little white dress where the hem of the skirt was slightly puffy. She spent most of her time combing and curling her hair, and choosing the right shoes to go with her dress and in the end, she choose a white sneakers. She didn’t bring any bag along with her, instead, she places cash in her dress pocket and all she was holding in her hands were her phone that was connected to a white headphone.

She left the house at 12:00pm sharp and will always go home at 10:00pm sharp.

Ji-Yong was at the dining area where he’s having his breakfast. He didn’t have work today and was planning to stay home for the day, giving him a well-deserved break, but what he didn’t expected was seeing Dara heading out of the house, more beautiful than before.

He still remembered the hug of course, and he told himself that he crossed the line which he shouldn’t in the beginning. But nevertheless, he didn’t regret that action. To be honest, he would love the time to stop the moment Dara was in his arms.

He stopped picking his food when Dara greeted him, telling him that she’ll be out the entire day. Dara didn’t know why she would explain much to him but she still did it anyway. Ji-Yong on the other side was on a confused line, he wanted to ask but he kept his mouth shut.

As Dara’s figure was disappearing in a fast motion, his was killing himself slowly on the inside. And that’s when he made his choice to follow her.

 

Dara was strolling down the street, looking everywhere as it may seem. And Ji-Yong was following closely behind her, examining every of her moves. He’s never seen the way Dara smile like how she did right now, and it was breathtaking, for what he think it’s. He smiled to him, unknowingly. As she walked into a café, he stood outside, watching her by the window.

The way she ate her sandwich, the way she drink her coffee and the way she smile to herself, everything was taking his breath away and he just couldn’t take his eyes off her. How he wishes she could smile like that to him, he thought to himself. Maybe she did the last time, but he stopped her. Maybe she did show him her true self, but he neglected it. And he curses himself for it.

 

Dara walked out of the café, continuing her own celebration for her birthday. And Ji-Yong was still thinking to himself about her random trip today. Normally she wouldn’t go out, he thought to himself.

As he followed closely behind, being drawn into her little world, he received a call – a call from Dara’s sister.

 

 

“Oppa! Here!”

Ji-Yong was standing at the door of the café, looking around to search for the girl that have called him a while ago. As he heard someone shouted, he turned to look.

He settled down on the wooden chair, crossing his leg as he leaned himself against the chair.

“Why do you call me here for?” He asked sternly.

“I need your help.”

“And why didn’t you call Dara?”

“Well, I don’t think she’s able to help.” She replied.

Ji-Yong frowned a little. “Speak.”

Dara’s sister squirmed a little in her seat. She was a straight forward girl and she definitely doesn’t beat around the bush. “I need to borrow a sum of money from you.”

There was a pause, which makes their atmosphere a little awkward.

“Why don’t you lend from your Dad?”

“Well… Here’s the thing.” She fixed her herself and pushed her hair back, “I run away from home and now I’ve no money left.”

“And your boyfriend?”

“I didn’t want to take any money from him.”

Ji-Yong frowned was more obvious this time.

“And you’re taking from me?”

She nodded vigorously, giving him a wide grin.

“Though I’m your brother-in-law, we’ve only met twice and you’re already asking me for money?”

“Hey hey hey, wait up! Let me clear this up, I’m ONLY borrowing money from you, not taking. I’ll return you when I’ve the money!”

“And when is that going to happen?”

“Come on! You’re a rich man, sure you could wait for a little while for that money?”

Ji-Yong sighed. “Fine, how much you need?”

“4 million won.”

Ji-Yong didn’t hesitation as he pulled down his cheque and wrote down the amount she need. Dara’s sister was smiling like a kid in a candy store and as she took the cheque from him, she didn’t stopped thanking him.

“Thank you so much! I promise I would return you immediately when I’ve the money!”

Ji-Yong nodded with his signature poker face.

“I need to go somewhere now,” she stood up, “Oh and, tell Dara happy birthday!”

As she was about to turn, she was stopped by Ji-Yong.

“Wait, what do you mean happy birthday?” He asked, scrunching his brows.

“You don’t know, it’s your wife’s birthday today. Oh my gosh, you’ve got to be kidding me.” She said in disbelief.

However, she was back to her usual self as she shrugged, “Never mind, just get her some chocolates, she love chocolate the most. Now I really need to go, my boyfriend waiting for me. Goodbye!”

 

 

“Min-Jin, I need you to do something for me.” Ji-Yong command his servant over the phone.

“Anything, Sir.”

“I need you to bake a chocolate cake.”

“I’m sorry?”

“A chocolate cake.”

There was a silence and Ji-Yong knew immediately what Min-Jin was thinking. Of course it’s weird asking her to bake a chocolate cake out of a sudden and without giving her a reason, everyone would be frowning and in a confused state like Min-Jin.

“It’s Dara’s birthday.”

“Oh!”

“And please, don’t tell her. Just tell her you’re trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter