Chapter 8

I Love You, Ji-Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8: Second Chance

 

No-One’s Point Of View

“Mr. Kang, there’s a lady who requested to see you.”

“Send her in.”

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kang.” Dara bowed.

“You’re?” Mr. Kang put his pen down, giving the lady in front of him all attention.

“I’m Mr. Kwon’s secretary.” Dara spoke softly, praying that he won’t chase her out of his office.

“Oh! I remembered, we met at your boss’s birthday party the other night.”

Dara nodded.

“So, I don’t think I’ve to guess why you’re here for, right?”

“Mr. Kang, if you would give me five minutes, just five minutes to hear my expl…”

“Okay.”

There was a pause, and the room was filled with awkward silence. Dara didn’t know what was wrong, and Dara was definitely shocked and surprised that Mr. Kang would even agree to her in a second. Still, she didn’t waste that chance.

Dara was still in her own world of confusion, and her looks showed it all. Of course, Mr. Kang was chuckling softly away, face of amusement.

“You came all the way here to ask me to hear your explanation. Not all secretaries do that, you know? Mr. Kwon is really lucky to have you as his secretary. You definitely have my five minutes.”

Dara stood there, still trying to gain back her senses.

“You just wasted half a minute staring into spaces, young lady. Go on, I’m listening.”

Dara was finally backed to earth.

“Dara, please call me Dara.”

Mr. Kang laughed this time, making Dara more worried than before. This guy is weird, really weird, Dara thought to herself.

“And you just spent another half a minute introducing yourself, Dara.”

Dara smiled softly, four minute to explain.

“Mr. Kang, it was actually my fault that the contract was messed up. The project team have worked really hard for this project and it’s all my responsibilities to take. I really wish you’ll reconsider the contract again.” Dara said in a faster speed, as she walked towards Mr. Kang’s desk and placed the contract and draft on the table.

“This is the actual draft, erm, the mistake-free dra… draft.” Dara cleared , “You’ve collaborate with our company for years, Mr. Kang and I know you’re someone who doesn’t give second chance even if it means they’re your family, but I really hope you could close one eye this time and looked through the draft again. This really means a…”

“Why would you think I would reconsider the contract again if you know I’m someone who doesn’t give second chance even if they’re my family?” Mr. Kang crossed his fingers as he leaned towards his desk, staring into Dara’s eyes that were full of nervousness.

Dara lowered her head down, there; she thought she screwed it again.

“Because you’re not someone unreasonable.”

“I’m sorry, what was that again?”

“You’re not someone unreasonable, Mr. Kang. It's right that you give up on this contract because of the ridiculous mistake, but I’m sure you’re reasonable enough to study the draft again. I’ve had come a long way here, and faces many difficulties facing Mr. Kwon, you know how he’s, and of course, I’m not here to think that you would agree wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter