Chapter 1

I Love You, Ji-Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: A Stranger Husband

 

“Are you trying to be funny?!”

My mother, Jung Hee, shouted at me with her widening eyes and that look on her face was ridiculously funny. However, I kept my laughter to myself. I mean, seriously, she said we’re going to dine out and when I ask her where are we going to have our ‘special’ dinner at, she just turned her head to me, giving me her signature death glare and went back to curl her hair.

How the hell am I going to know that we’re going to a high-class restaurant for dinner if no one tells me? And yes, she's a lady who go for high-end food but I've never went out with them - not even once. If my mother told me earlier, I swear I wouldn’t have to face her wrath.

 

“I’ll go get changed now."

I mumbled under my breath but I’m pretty sure she heard me loud and clear.

From jeans and t-shirt to a black short dress, I stood in front of my full length mirror and looked at myself for the last time.

 

“Whatever is it later, you just have to it up.”

I mumbled to myself, pushing my hair back away from my face.

 

 

“I’m sorry we are late, Mr and Mrs. Kwon! I hope you’ll forgive us! You know how girls are!”

Mother and her husband were shaking hands with the two strangers in front of me, laughing at the same time. Sure, I’ve seen her laugh and smile, but it was never to me. To be honest, I was jealous of my sister. She got all the attention. She is my mother’s favourite. I’m not trying to say I was Cinderella but I'm sure there’s no difference between both our situations. No, wait, only that Cinderella have a happy ending with her Prince Charming in the end and I’m just pretty much going to rot alone.

I was the ‘servant’ in the entire household. Okay, maybe I can upgrade myself to the head of the servants because I did what the servants does and only that I am my mother’s child. Still, I was lucky enough to be taken care of by those old servants.

Back to my main point, he is happy too. And when I mean him, I mean the guy who my mother remarried too – my stepfather. I’m glad that he wasn’t the male version of Cinderella’s stepmother. Though I was mentioned that I was a nothing, I’m really glad he wasn’t someone physically and psychologically abusive like my mother. I bet he doesn’t even have the time to take a look at me or even speak a word to me, it’s just like I’m a source of rubbish that doesn’t worth his time but it’s ironic because my sister is like gold to him. It’s fine, really. I’m perfectly fine with it. I just don’t want another Jung Hee in my life. Of course, other than my mother’s pretentious smile, the guy caught my attention the most.

 

He was wearing a blazer and a white plain t-shirt in it, matched with a few accessories that bring out his unique style. He’s too charming, too good-looking to be true. And if he wasn’t sipping his red wine, I swear I thought he’s just a Prince Charming’s statue.

I didn’t leave my gaze off him though, and I swear was dumb enough to think that he wouldn’t notice me. His eyes caught mine and for that few seconds, we were staring into each other eyes, as if we’re searching each other out. Our eye contact broke off as he rudely turned his glare back to his wine glass and as he took another sip of his bloody red wine, and there I was, mentally cursing myself.

 

Everyone settled down in circle around the round table and my family was happily chatting with those strangers. I didn’t know why I was here for but I just kept quiet, because I know if I ever speak a word, I’d be thrown into somewhere worst than hell when I get back home and I seriously can’t afford to be in the place again.

I quietly ate my food and the atmosphere for me was seriously getting way too awkward. The weird guy was sitting beside me and I swear I can feel someone gaze on my every now and then but I didn’t looked up, of course. I didn’t even looked up once after I sat down.

I still had my gaze on my hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter