A Wedding Aftermath

A Wedding Aftermath

 

"Fan..."

 

Yifan hummed a response. His eyes were locked on the empty road. It was past midnight and he was driving Joonmyeon home after their best friend's wedding.

 

"When are you going to marry me?"

 

Yifan eyes widened at the sudden question and almost hit the break but luckily he managed to get hold of himself and continued driving. He looked at Joonmyeon with the corner of his eyes and saw Joonmyeon staring blankly at the road in front. At last, the ultimate question that every manly man have to face from their partner after they came back from a wedding has hit him. He opened his mouth to answer but closed it back when he saw Joonmyeon glancing at him.

 

"Didn't we become official first before Kyungsoo and Jongin?"

 

Yifan nodded. They indeed become an official couple first before Jongin and Kyungsoo because they were the one that introduced the two person to each other. They met by accident one day when Joonmyeon was out with Kyungsoo and he with Jongin and after Joonmyeon told him that Kyungsoo thinks Jongin seems nice, they decided to play cupid and after several not-so-accidental meeting, Jongin finally asked Kyungsoo out. The happy couple was their first work and they were so proud of it.

 

"Then why do they got married first?"

 

Yifan didn't know why the happy couple got married first. When Jongin told him about his proposal plan for Kyungsoo, he told the guy that their relationship is new, that it is just only six months and he should give more thought and Jongin agreed. That is why a week later he was so surprised when Joonmyeon told him that Kyungsoo accepted Jongin proposal and they are going to get married. Seems like for Jongin, a week is a very long time.

 

"Jongin's proposal event was so romantic."

 

Yifan didn't want to admit it but it was. It's not like he was there or help Jongin prepared for the event but because of the way Joonmyeon telling the story he heard from Kyungsoo. With the rose petals that forms a heart shape, the candlelight dinner, the fireworks and other stuffs that he forgot because he was staring at Joonmyeon that was looking so cute while telling the story.

 

"My friends have been asking me when will you ask the same question."

 

Yifan swallowed as he too has been asking the same question by his friends, and Joonmyeon's. They said that Joonmyeon has been acting strangely whenever Kyungsoo is with them, or whenever they mention about Kyungsoo's wedding preparation. His own friends warned him that if he didn't ask the question soon, Joonmyeon probably going to start questioning his love for him.

 

"Don't you love me?"

 

Yifan was taken aback for his friends prediction has came true but quickly shook his head. He took a quick glance and saw Joonmyeon looking down at his lap. He loves Joonmyeon with all his heart after falling for him at the first sight. He never forget that day when he first met Joonmyeon. He was waiting for his turn at the coffee shop and Joonmyeon that was queuing before him was searching for something in his backpack without looking at it, just a hand pulling up a zipper and slid inside the bag. He watched as the hand pulled out a wallet and something dropped from it. It was the coffee shop stamp card and there was only two stamps left before he could get the free box of macaroons. He thought maybe he could help him get the macaroons so he tapped him, wanting to tell his idea but all the planned words were gone when Joonmyeon turned to face him. He just smiled dumbly when Joonmyeon thanked him and before he knew it, he was standing beside the table where Joonmyeon is sitting with a box of macaroons in his hands.

 

"I want to wake up beside you every morning."

 

Yifan unconsciously bloomed into a smile, imagining the picture. How happy he would be if it come true. His king size bed is too large for him. He put Joonmyeon's picture on the pillow beside him and stared at it until he falls asleep. Jongin shook his head when he just blushed when the guy asked him about the picture and what is it doing on the bed.

 

"I want to cook dinner for you every night."

 

Yifan didn't know how to response to that. Joonmyeon isn't a bad cook but he isn't a great one either. There were days when his cooking is so delicious but the days could be counted with both hands. He doesn't mind though if every night he when goes home, Joonmyeon is there waiting for him. He would love that very much.

 

"And I won't be scared anymore when I have nightmares."

 

Yifan held in his laughter because Joonmyeon's nightmares were always funny than scary. He was laughing so hard when Joonmyeon told him about his nightmare, that he was eating an endless supply of macaroons when a giant one suddenly emerges from below the piles and starts chasing him. Joonmyeon didn't talk to him for days because of it.

 

"And raise a child together."

 

Yifan nodded. Joonmyeon has always loves children. And that charm is just another reason why he loves Joonmyeon so much. They took care of a lost kid once and that kid quickly calmed down and stopped crying after Joonmyeon soothed him. The kid was reluctant to part with Joonmyeon even after they have found the parents.

 

"I..."

 

Yifan stopped the car as they have reached Joonmyeon's home. He glanced at Joonmyeon and saw that he was playing with his hands. He grabbed one and carressed it gently, before bringing the small hand to his mouth and kissed it repeatedly. He got out and opened Joonmyeon's door, pulling him out of the car and into his embrace.

 

"Fan?"

 

Yifan kissed the forehead before trailed down to kiss the cute nose, the puffy cheeks and the pink lips. He tighten the hug when Joonmyeon started kissing him back and they stayed like that for a very long moment. He pulled away first to put his forehead with Joonmyeon's. He kissed Joonmyeon's forehead before stretching his jacket to cover him.

 

Joonmyeon snuggled deeply into Yifan's chest, loving the warmth that spreading all over his body. He loves everything about Yifan. He loves hugging Yifan because Yifan is taller than him and his broad chest made Joonmyeon small body fit perfectly inside Yifan's long arms. He loves how big Yifan's hand is and the way it covering his small one. He loves Yifan's kisses because it always so tender and full of affections. That is why he couldn't control his tears when Jongin kissed Kyungsoo at the end of the ceremony. It is a start of their new life together and he wants that to happen to him and Yifan.

 

"Mine..."

 

Joonmyeon smiled at his pet name. He was so embarrased when Yifan calling him that in front of his friends and made a rule that Yifan can only call him that when they are alone.

 

"I love you so much and I really want to do all those things with you. I want to kiss you every morning and hug you every night. I actually have already choosen a few names for our kid if we ever have one and we will."

 

Joonmyeon looked up when Yifan distanced himself away but didn't brake the hug. He closed his eyes when Yifan gave him a quick peck on the lips before looking straight at him again.

 

"I didn't propose to you because I thought you weren't ready but it looks like it was me who isn't ready. I am sorry that Jongin and Kyungsoo got married first but I will make it up to you by preparing the most romantic proposal event ever. And our wedding will be much more heartwarming and touching than those two!"

 

Joonmyeon chuckled as he tiptoed to kiss Yifan.

 

"Will you wait for it?"

 

Joonmyeon nodded as he buried his face on Yifan's chest. "I will."