Prologue

The Plan

“No means no, Daehyun,” Himchan said firmly as he tried to focus on the TV and ignored the other’s whining. His dongsaeng had been bugging him about Yongguk and Youngjae for the past hour, apparently aware of his crush on the leader.

 

“You’re pretty obvious, hyung,” Daehyun had smirked when he had tried to deny it, and eventually he had admitted to it in hopes the vocalist would finally shut up. Unfortunately he had simply continued with his own relationship woes: how Youngjae didn’t notice him, how he even kept insisting they weren’t best friends. Himchan had pointed out to him how Youngjae was known for being a troll, but he might as well have speaking to the coffee table for all the good it did.

 

Then, out of nowhere, Daehyun had started talking about ‘making them jealous’.

 

“I mean, sure, Yongguk and you are practically married already, but he’s so oblivious that he doesn’t seem to realise it himself. If he feels threatened, that could be just the push he needs. And Youngjae-”

 

An ugly scowl had appeared on his face and, not in the mood for another rant on the evilness of the younger boy, Himchan had interrupted him.

 

“I get it, you don’t want Youngjae to get away with it,” he had said hastily. “Whatever that means…”

 

“Yes!” Daehyun had exclaimed, and that had been when all sanity lost the conversation. Because apparently, if they just pretended to be in a relationship, this would somehow lead to the other two becoming so jealous they’d start pursuing them immediately.

 

Himchan had tried to point out the many flaws in this plan (they didn’t even know if Yongguk and Youngjae felt the same way, and even if they did, they’d probably be too polite to interfere with someone else’s relationship anyway – well, Yongguk at least; Himchan wasn’t too sure what Youngjae would do if he dared touch Daehyun), but Daehyun had simply raised his voice to talk over him, insisting that his idea was pure brilliance, no matter how much his hyung protested.

 

And now here they were, with Daehyun still desperately trying to convince him to take part in the plan.

 

“Wouldn’t some flirting be enough?” Himchan sighed, having finally given up on trying to convince Daehyun of his stupidity. “I mean, don’t you think it’d go too far if we’d actually pretend to be dating?”

 

Daehyun opened and closed his mouth a few times before frowning. “We could do that, but it’d have to be intense flirting.”

 

Himchan looked the other up and down suspiciously, making Daehyun roll his eyes.

 

“Don’t worry, we wouldn’t have to kiss or anything. Probably. But there’d definitely have to be a lot more touching and stuff.”

 

That ‘probably’ did nothing to soothe Himchan’s nerves, but it was better than the alternative, he supposed. “So, we’d act like we would if we were dating, but we wouldn’t actually pretend to date?” he summarised slowly, squinting thoughtfully as he tried to figure out if that made sense.

 

“Exactly!”

 

Well, at least it made sense to Daehyun.

 

Himchan threw up his hands in defeat when he saw the eager look on Daehyun’s face, knowing the younger wasn’t going to let this go. Who knew, maybe it would actually work?

 

“Fine, let’s do it then,” he mumbled resignedly, getting a quick hug from Daehyun in return. It felt strangely like he had just signed a deal with Satan himself. He glanced over at his seemingly innocent friend, whose eyes were now fixed on the TV, though a little smirk was playing around his lips.

 

“We’re putting down some ground rules tomorrow, though,” Himchan added quickly.

 

Daehyun turned to him with such a wide grin that Himchan had to suppress a shudder. “Of course, hyung, whatever you want,” he said sweetly.

 

Himchan narrowed his eyes. Saetan indeed.

 

 

A/N: I think this came to my head initially because although I ship Banghim and Daejae, I can't resist Himdae either. I'm not really sure what genre this is, to be honest, but I guess comedy/romance? There'll probably be at some point as well, though I'm not sure about that yet. XD Anyway, let me know what you guys think if you'd like. :)