Chapter 28

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNEubBjZ_u8

Infinite: Back

=====================================

Kai slowly began to regain consciousness.

He saw nothing but black at first and felt numbness crawling over his skin.

Then pain ruptured in his skull, and he hissed under his breath.

His eyes peeled open, and he was met by a very bright light shining down on him.

He flinched at once.

Kai took a deep breath. His head pounded, and nausea crept up his throat. He tried taking slow, deep breaths to force the sickness down.

When the dizziness stopped, Kai opened his eyes once again. He looked around the strange, barren room and wondered where he was. Then he looked straight forward and froze in shock. He couldn’t believe his eyes.

What is Minjoo doing here?!

She was tied to a chair, and her head hung low. He could see a crust of dry blood staining the side of her head.

Kai struggled to go to her, but no matter how much he thrashed, he couldn’t move. He looked down to see that he had been tied up. His wrists and ankles were bound to the chair, and he couldn’t budge an inch. Fuming with anger, he gnashed his teeth and tried to triumph over the thick ropes but couldn’t.

Breathing hard, Kai looked across from him.

His face fell when he saw Minjoo in the same mess he was in. It was like looking at a mirror.

His heart shattered.

“Park Minjoo…” Kai whispered painfully. He lowered his head and exhaled shakily. How had he even gotten in this situation in the first place? He remembered leaving campus and heading towards Nature Café. Then just a block away from the café, his memory had been wiped out.

Kai felt another round of ear-splitting pain and started trembling. He was pretty sure he had a concussion. Kai looked up and knew for sure Minjoo had one as well. He had to get them out of here, but it was impossible with both of them tied up like baits. For the first time in his life, he felt hopeless. There has to be a way. We can’t be stuck here- At that moment, the door opened. Kai froze. He lifted his gaze and looked towards the shadows.

Clomp. Clomp. Clomp.

His head exploded with pain, and he let out an aching hiss. He had heard those boots before knocking out.

Kai looked up to see Jong enter. So that’s what the psycho looks like. I hate him already. His heart lurched in alarm.

He wasn’t scared for him.

Kai’s eyes flickered towards Minjoo, and his eyebrows pinched together in fret. He was scared for her.

Jong walked towards Minjoo. With an eerie grin, he reached out and her hair. “Ah, I’m reunited with my lovely lamb at last.”

“DON’T TOUCH HER!” Kai yelled.

Jong looked at him without blinking. He didn’t even bother drawing his hand away from her.

Kai became red with anger. “Take your hand off of her at once. I swear…if you hurt her in any way…I’ll kill you. I’ll murder you. I swear I’ll drag you to hell.”

Jong threw his head back and laughed. The laugh was gruesome and sinister. “A cop’s little brother threatening to become a murderer? That’s a new one.”

“I’m going to destroy you,” Kai sneered.

A malicious glint appeared in Jong’s eye. “You’re too much like him. That’s the same thing Lee Jongsuk said to me before I put him into hell myself. You know she had a lover before you, right? She loved him more than she loved you. You should have seen them. They even lived together. Did you know that?” His lips spread into a grin.

Kai continued to glower at him. “I don’t care what she did. The only scar in her past is you.”

Jong laughed. “Quite devoted, aren’t you?” He started to walk towards the wall where a bunch of water bottles were lined up.

Kai grew uneasy about this.

“Shall we wake up our dear little lamb?” Jong grabbed a bottle, carried it over, and dumped water over Minjoo’s head. Her eyes shot open as she gasped for air.

“STOP IT!” Kai yelled.

When Jong was done, he threw the plastic against the wall and released another disturbing laughter. “Why? Wasn’t that enjoyable?”

Where am I? What happened? Minjoo frantically looked around. Her gaze landed on Jong, and her breath caught in . At last, she was encountering her worst nightmare. It’s him. It’s Jong, the man who haunts my nightmares and takes away my loved ones.

Jong’s grin grew wider. He started to approach her. She couldn’t help her reactions. She started to shiver uncontrollably, and she started having trouble breathing. Kai desperately wished he could be with her, shielding her from the cruel man heading her way. He hated how he was so helpless at the moment. Jong bent down and buried her face in her hair as he gripped tightly onto the back of her neck. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this exact moment. You’re my best prey, Park Minjoo. You know that?” Tears welled up in her eyes. “And look…I even brought you a present.” Jong turned her face forward.

Minjoo dreadfully lifted her gaze and locked eyes with Kai. He looked frightened and worried for her, and she felt guilty for putting him in such a perilous position. If you could only read my eyes like Jongsuk did…you would that I’m sorry, Kai. I’m so sorry. You’re the last person I wanted him to hurt. I love you. I love you so much. She felt his lips by her ear and stiffened.

“Aren’t I nice? Aren’t I kind? Don’t you appreciate my effort to please you?”

“You’re ing sick. You need to be locked up,” Kai snarled. Jong laughed.

“Your insults don’t hurt me at all. Rather…they inspire me.” He squeezed the back of Minjoo’s neck. Pain crossed her face, and she flinched at his touch.

“What are you doing? Don’t hurt her!” Kai yelled and thrashed uselessly.

“I love your reaction when I do horrendous things to her.” Jong chuckled.

Kai glared darkly at him.

Unfazed, Jong walked around Minjoo’s chair and her hair. “Do you want to see how horrendous I can be to you?”

“Stop,” Kai snapped.

“Why? The fun is just getting started.” Jong turned off the lights.

In the darkness, Kai and Minjoo waited in dread.

“MINJOO, I’M RIGHT HERE! DON’T BE SCARED! I’M RIGHT HERE! I SWEAR I’LL FIND A WAY OUT OF HERE! I PROMISE!” He swore. Her tears trickled down her face. Even now, you think of me.

Suddenly, Kai’s voice was replaced by another familiar voice. Her eyes grew wide as her expression fell. This…this voice…no, it can’t be…

Minjoo jerked her head up. On the large wall, a projection reflected a video of Jongsuk right before he died. Her heart stopped beating for a second. Then she felt her entire world closing in on her as her oxygen out of her lungs.

---------------------

Jongsuk whirled his head around. His eyes flitted around the dark room. “Who are you?”

“Who do you think I am?” The mysterious stranger chuckled.

Jongsuk’s eyes narrowed. “Jong.”

“Good. You don’t have amnesia.”

“YOU !” Jongsuk hissed as he yanked against the ropes. “Let me go at once!”

“I’m crazy, not stupid.” Jong laughed.

Jongsuk gritted his teeth. “You lured me. This was a trap.”

“And you were foolish enough to step into it. I didn’t know you would actually for it. I must admit; this game was too easy, and I was rather disappointed.” Jong’s voice moved around the room.

“Show yourself!” Jongsuk snapped.

“I’d rather not. Then you would see my eyes and know my next plan, but I like things to be kept a surprise,” Jong claimed.

Jongsuk screamed and cursed in fury.

“Now, now, save your energy. The best part is coming next. Do you know what I’m going to do with you, Lee Jongsuk?” Jong asked.

Jongsuk just sat there in bitter silence.

“I’m going to kill you. You were planning to kill me with that little knife, weren’t you?” Jong sneered.

Jongsuk balled his hands into tight fists. Suddenly, his face whipped to the side, and he felt a trickle of warm liquid down his cheek. That bastard cut me with my own knife, Jongsuk thought.

“How does it fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter