Chapter 26

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvvfunPWZWA

Kim Jin Ho: Hurts

========================================

The next morning, Minjoo got up early and prepared for her outing with Kai. She was in superfluous high spirits after receiving a good morning text from her new boyfriend. She smiled as she ran her brush through her hair.

What kind of exciting things would happen today? The thought of sharing a kiss with Kai again made her spine tingle.

“Where are you going dressed so nicely?” Shinhye appeared out of nowhere. She guessed, “Kai?”

Minjoo smiled shyly and nodded.

“So…you two are really an item now?” Shinhye asked.

Minjoo nodded again.

Shinhye broke into a warm, sincere smile. “I’m happy for you. You deserve another chance at happiness.”

Minjoo beamed gratefully.

Shinhye took the brush from her and sat on the ground. “Sit here. I’ll do your hair.”

Minjoo sat in front of her with her back facing her. Shinhye gently brushed her hair and began to gather a few tendrils to tie them in the middle. With Shinhye doing her hair, Minjoo felt like a little girl again. It was like Shinhye was her big sister or her mother. It was ironic how the dark tide that had returned from her past brought goodness, too, like Kai and Shinhye unnie.

“In the end, you’ll know which people really love you. They’re the ones who see you for who you are and no matter what will always find a way to be at your side.”

You were right, Lee Jongsuk. I know the people that really love me for me…and I’m finally happy again. Minjoo smiled.

“There. All done.” Shinhye said. Minjoo looked in the mirror to see her hair neatly halfway up with the bow that Kai had bought her. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of it. Shinhye gently turned Minjoo around and took her hands. “Park Minjoo, go out there and have fun. Don’t worry about that stupid Jong. He can’t do anything when you have so many bodyguards to protect you. Don’t wallow in guilt about Jongsuk either. He’s probably happy that you’re happy. Okay?”

Minjoo gratefully smiled and threw her arms around Shinhye’s neck.

Shinhye leaned back in surprise but eventually smiled and hugged her back tightly. “You mean a lot to me, too.”

Minjoo beamed and squeezed her.

Kai let her know he was there, and she left the apartment. She was surprised to see him waiting right next to the door. Kai grinned at her reaction. “From the moment you step foot outside all the way until you step back into your apartment safe and sound, I’m going to be with you. You’re not going to leave my sight.”

Minjoo beamed thankfully. Kai looked her up and down in approval. “You look just like an angel in a white dress.”

Minjoo blushed. Kai held out his hand. “Are you ready to go, baby?”

Minjoo blinked in surprise at the new pet name and softly smiled with a nod. She took his hand, and they headed to the elevators. While waiting, they met eyes and automatically smiled at each other. The doors opened, and they faced forward. A figure wearing shabby dark green trousers, a beige jacket, and a shabby hat low over his face quickly walked out past them. They entered the elevator without a second thought about the man.

Minjoo turned to see the doors sliding close, but she caught a peek of the man. Her eyebrows slightly furrowed when she saw him facing her door. Who is he? Did he come to our home?

“Minjoo?” Kai called. Minjoo tore her gaze away from the now-closed doors and looked up at him.

“Is everything okay?” He asked. She put on a smile and nodded.

Kai smiled back and squeezed her hand.

The elevator arrived at the bottom floor, and they headed out.

“Need a ride?” Someone called. They stopped and turned their heads to see Dongin and Eunhyuk.

“Hyung!” Kai shouted in disapproval. “I told you that you didn’t have to come today! I got everything!”

Dongin shrugged. “I’m sorry, but you’re not a professional detective.”

Eunhyuk grinned and jabbed his thumb towards the back. “Get in, boys and girls! We’re going on a field trip to the museum!”

Kai slapped his hand over his face with a frustrated groan.

“ing rocks!” Eunhyuk held out his hand. Dongin laughed and slapped him a hi-five.

“Not fun,” Kai muttered.

“For you, maybe.” Eunhyuk smugly grinned. Dongin chuckled. “Get in. We won’t get in the way of your date though.”

Minjoo tugged on Kai’s hand with a hopeful smile. Kai sighed. “Fine. We’ll go with them.” He opened the door, and she hopped in first.

“See? Be more responsible like Minjoo,” Dongin chided his brother. “She’s a big fan of you two,” Kai said dryly.

Eunhyuk whirled around. “I always knew you had a crush on me! What did you fall for first? My big, chocolate-colored eyes? My plump, pink lips?! My out-of-this-world fashion sense?!”

“Maybe it was your big fat mouth that I’m hoping you’ll shut before I have to jump out of this car,” Kai snapped.

Dongin whacked Eunhyuk. “Sit properly. I won’t mind giving you a ticket.” Eunhyuk made a face and did as told.

Minjoo giggled and looked out the window in complete bliss.

They arrived at the Coex Aquarium, and after Kai made Dongin and Eunhyuk to promise not to interfere on their date, the couple headed inside. Kai kept glancing back to make sure the detectives were far away. Minjoo tugged on his hand, and he looked at her. She smiled, and he softened. “I know. I shouldn’t worry. They’re not the ones who will harm you, but I can’t help but be paranoid. Do you know how awkward it is to be watched on a date by your own older brother?” He shuddered.

‘I’m sorry. If you had liked a more normal girl, you wouldn’t have had to go through this.’

Minjoo frowned apologetically.

Kai lightly squeezed her cheek. “Yeah, but the problem is, I can’t like any other girl but you from now on. You’re the only one I’m attracted to, so you better take responsibility for stealing my heart.” Minjoo chuckled and nodded.

They looked at all the sea creatures and took pictures. She would have to make a separate album n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter