Chapter 20

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hXG8twA9w

Bae Dahae: My All

=======================================

“Over here, Kai!” Chanyeol called.

Kai came into the café and plunked down in an empty seat.

“I ordered the bagels already. Here is the cream cheese,” Baekhyun said.

Sehun was already on his second bagel and eagerly gulped down his ice coffee.

Kai was meeting his friends for breakfast, but he was not hungry at all. He was anxious but excited. In just a couple hours, he was going to see Minjoo. They had not seen each other since the birthday party that previous weekend. This time, Kai was going to encounter her and make sure she never got away from him. He was going to make it clear that her disability wasn’t going to prevent him from befriending her. He knew it was going to be better to have a full stomach than an empty one, so he grabbed a blueberry bagel and began to spread honey cream cheese over it.

“So, I’ve been hearing about this mysterious girl at the party you went to,” Baekhyun mused while glancing at Chanyeol and Sehun.

“What mysterious girl?” Kai played dumb.

“Oh, don’t try to fool us!” Chanyeol smacked his arm and leaned forward with wide eyes. “Tell us about her, Kai!”

Kai smiled slyly. “Maybe next time.”

“ARGH! I could just choke you!” Chanyeol held his hands up.

Kai laughed and shook his head as he took a bite of his bagel.

“Do you like this girl, Kai?” Baekhyun asked.

Kai paused. “I think so.”

“What kind of answer is that?!” Chanyeol threw his hands up in frustration.

“Can I steal her? I saw her, and she was pretty cute,” Sehun commented.

Kai reacted at once. “You better keep away from her!”

“So you do like her.” Baekhyun grinned.

Kai stared at him.

“You don’t want anyone else to have, which means you want her for yourself, which in turn means you like her.” Baekhyun smiled in triumph.

“Or he’s a possessive dimwit. It could go both ways.” Chanyeol shrugged while balancing his hands in the air.

“I’m not possessive, like someone is with their girlfriends.” Kai eyed him.

Chanyeol innocently shrugged. “You referring to me?”

Baekhyun laughed. “Stop picking a fight to get away from the point, Kai.”

Kai sighed. “Look, I’m attracted to her, okay? It’s not like I want to date her right away…but I see a lot of potential for her to be someone I could love in the future.”

“Potential? Who uses that word when they’re describing a girl?” Chanyeol snorted.

Kai shook his head with a chuckle. “Whatever. You’re just jealous of me, Chanyeol.”

“Jealous? Me? Of you? What a laugh,” he stated dryly.

Kai checked his watch and stood up. “I have to go to class. I’ll see you guys later.” He grabbed his backpack and ran off.

“I really wonder what kind of girl she is,” Sehun said out loud.

“We’ll find out in due time. Just give Kai some space to make his moves.” Baekhyun smiled with ease.

Kai jogged to his anthropology class. He stopped in front of the door and put his hand over his chest as he exhaled and inhaled several times. Why am I so anxious? I feel like I’m taking an exam. This is so difficult, and it shouldn’t be. Kai looked determinedly at the door and stepped inside. His eyes were like radar as he scanned for any sight of her. He found Minjoo at last. She was sitting at the end of the middle row towards the wall. Kai felt his heart flutter, and his lips melted into a smile. Baekhyun may be right. I like this girl. Eagerly, he moved towards her.

There. All done. Minjoo finished highlighting the last important information on her index cards. The moment she straightened up, someone dropped right into the vacant seat next to her. Wide-eyed, Minjoo jerked up and turned her head. Her eyes almost popped out when she saw who had so boldly dared sit next to her.

Kai grinned. “Good morning, Park Minjoo.”

Minjoo felt a tiny flutter in her stomach.

Park Minjoo.

The way he said her name reminded her of Jongsuk. He used to call her by her full name as well.

“Did you go home safely that night?” Kai asked. Minjoo turned away while flushing.

“That was a stupid question. Of course you got home safely, or you wouldn’t be here. I’m sorry. I’m just trying to think of ways to converse with you.” Kai straightened and tilted towards her.

Minjoo cringed and leaned away.

“Do you remember my name?” Minjoo slightly nodded.

Kai’s eyes brightened. “We’re making progress here!”

Minjoo gave him an odd look and then abruptly broke into a chuckle.

Kai stared at her. “You laughed.” Minjoo straightened her face expression immediately.

“You laughed! I made you laugh!” Kai pointed out, embarrassing her. He smiled warmly and tilted his head with an admiring gaze. “You look beautiful when you smile. You should do that more often.” Minjoo blushed and had to pinch her palm to keep from smiling again.

“Did you do the homework?” Kai asked a simple question to ease her. Minjoo, relieved by the turn of topic, nodded.

“You answered every question on the worksheet?” He asked. She nodded again.

“That’s amazing. I still have three more to go. I better do them now.” Kai took his laptop out and got to work.

Minjoo snuck a glance at him and couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter