Chapter 11

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxuwEucQo_I

That Winter The Wind Blows OST: Blind Love

=============================================

On Monday, Minjoo returned to school. When she had left the bar, her aunt had been fast asleep.

On Sunday, her aunt had shut down the bar, which was a first. Apparently, her “boyfriend” had taken her out on a date. They had come back for dinner, and Jong had invited her to join them, but fortunately, her aunt had sneered at the idea. Minjoo had never been so happy for her aunt’s insolence.

For the rest of the weekend, she stayed at home and caught up on homework. She was careful to contact Jongsuk only through text messages. She wasn’t prepared to let him see her thoughts yet. Minjoo arrived at the school gate and halted when she saw Jongsuk. She swallowed hard and drew in a deep breath. She tried to push the thoughts of Jong out of her mind.

Just think about math formulas or history dates. Don’t even think about him.

Jongsuk spotted her and immediately straightened up. He pushed his headphones off his head and gave her a confused look. He was puzzled why she didn’t want to see him or call him yesterday. Jongsuk approached Minjoo. “What happened?” He didn’t hesitate to interrogate. She dropped her gaze and bit her lower lip. Remember, don’t think about him. Don’t think. Don’t-

Jongsuk cupped her chin and raised her eyes. Before she could sweep her thoughts under the rug, he read her eyes and knew right away. His eyebrows furrowed. “What is this…this…monster you’re thinking about? Who is this Jong, and why are you so afraid of him?”

Minjoo dropped her eyes in shame. Jongsuk opened his mouth, but the school bell rang. He glanced over his shoulder to see students streaming into the building in order to be in class on time. Jongsuk looked at Minjoo and sighed. “We’ll talk later. Let’s go in before we’re late.” Minjoo nodded gratefully and followed him inside.

The two of them didn’t get an opportunity to speak about the matter until lunchtime.

Minjoo took her time finishing her food. Jongsuk crossed his arms and impatiently watched her. From the way she nibbled her food, he could tell she was stalling. Not able to wait anymore, he took the tray from her and set it aside. Minjoo looked at his eyes. I wasn’t done. “You’re fibbing. Don’t you know I can read your true thoughts?” Jongsuk asked sourly.

Minjoo sighed, and her shoulders sagged. Of course she could never lie to someone who could read her mind. She was stupid for even thinking that was possible.

Jongsuk took her hand and looked into her eyes. “Tell me about this guy. What do you know about him? What should I know in order to protect you?”

Minjoo looked directly into his eyes. She paused for a few seconds before finally revealing everything. She told him from the day she had met him to the events of last night. Jongsuk could see images in her mind and grew cold when he saw the way Jong stared at her. It’s like a predator in front of a prey. He seemed really interested when he found out about her disability. Why Minjoo? What does he want with her? Why does he keep revolving around her?

Minjoo shook his arm, and Jongsuk looked back into her eyes. I could be the wrong one. I’m probably paranoid. He could be really nice or just socially awkward.

Jongsuk shook his head. “No. You have to trust your gut on this one. If you get bad vibes from him, I trust you. Besides, I saw what he looked like. I hate his eyes.”

Minjoo shivered. She agreed with Jongsuk about that one. Jong’s eyes were terrorizing.

Jongsuk studied her face. “So what are you going to do?” Minjoo shrugged.

He narrowed his eyes. “I don’t like the idea of you being around this guy.” She shrugged helplessly again. What can I do? My aunt likes him.

Jongsuk paused and then opened his mouth, “Maybe you can talk to your aunt-“ He halted when she frowned. He sighed and waved his hand. “Forget I even suggested that. Talking to your aunt is like talking to a brick wall. It may be even worse. God damn it. And she calls herself your aunt?” He shook his head in disgust.

Minjoo lowered her head in despair. She really had no clue what to do. She couldn’t even leave her aunt’s house because she was still considered a minor.

Jongsuk could sense her distress and felt completely bad for her. He put his arm around her and squeezed her comfortingly. “Hey,” He said in a low, soothing voice. “It’s going to be okay. We’ll figure something out.” Minjoo nodded and rested her head against his neck. Jongsuk rubbed her arm and rested his chin on top of her head. I won’t let anyone hurt my angel. No way will I allow him to do anything to you. You can count on me.

------

That night after supplement classes, Jongsuk walked Minjoo home. She looked at the neon sign and wondered if Jong was in there. The thought of him being in there waiting inside with his devilish smile made her not want to go inside at all.

“Do you want to go to my place?” Jongsuk asked. Minjoo shook her head.

He placed a hand on her shoulder. “Are you sure? I’m sure your aunt won’t see you missing because of her new boyfriend.” She attempted a small smile and shook her head again. I need to shower and then finish my homework.

“You can bring your belongings and shower at my house. I’ll study with you. Didn’t you need help with your math homework?” Jongsuk slipped his hand into hers and swung it steadily back and forth with a coaxing smile. Minjoo chuckled and shook her head. Tempting, but no.

“Okay, fine. I won’t seduce you anymore.” Jongsuk took her hands and gave them a loving squeeze. He leaned in and kissed her left cheek. Then he kissed her right cheek and pulled back with a sweet smile. “Good night, Park Minjoo.” She smiled warmly. Good night, Lee Jongsuk.

She felt an odd feeling and turned her gaze slightly. formed into a shocked “O”, and her eyes widened in shock.

Jongsuk read her panicky eyes and jerked his head around.

There was the infamous Jong who frightened Minjoo, and reading his eyes, Jongsuk knew why.

Ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter