Chapter Fourty-Nine (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Fourty-Nine

No Show

Daniella pushes through the crowd who's celebrating; she calls for Luhan who slowly walks up to her. Daniella hugs Luhan tight “I’m sorry I lied to you, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you the truth” Daniella looks at Luhan to see him avoiding eye contact with her “Luhan did you read my letter” Daniella ask. She watch Luhan nod and slowly look at her ‘Luhan don’t look at me with those sad eyes’ Daniella holds her breath as she feels Luhan touch her nose.

“I told you not to play, you got hurt” Luhan sighed.

Daniella took Luhan hands and notice the bruising from punching the guy “What about you, you didn’t have to beat him up and get a red card. Your scholarship is ruined” Daniella holds Luhan hand to her cheek.

“It’s all because I love you” Luhan said harshly giving Daniella mix signals “I don’t know what to do with you. You don’t listen to me, I had to protect you and look what it has gotten me into. I won’t get my scholarship now and I don’t know if I can be with someone who I can’t trust” Luhan feels bad for saying those words, however they are the truth.

“Can’t we talk about this?” Daniella ask

“Daniella!” Daniella’s father yelled making her turn around “There is someone I want you to meet” He waves his hand over calling for her. Luhan takes a step back.

“Tonight at the ball. . . I gave you an invite” Daniella pecks Luhan cheek and then runs to her father. “Hey! what sup dad?” Daniella puts on a fake smile.

“I made a few calls for you in England and this young lady came in just to see you” Daniella father moved to the side and showed a beautiful young women wearing a fancy suit.

“Hello Daniella, I’m Mrs. Goodfellow. I work for the women Olympics and you father told me about your story. Honestly dressing up as a women only to play soccer” Mrs. Goodfellow nodded “to play with such harsh rude players takes a lot of skill and courage” She smiled and chuckle “I want to offer you a spot on the England women’s soccer team if your interested” Daniella mouth dropped.

“You’re kidding me” Daniella was excited “But I’m not a citizenship holder of England” Daniella then frown she got worked up for nothing.

“Actually your father is and you can sign up for a duo citizenship with him, making you allowed to play for England’s Olympic team” Mrs. Goodfellow shrugged and close her eyes as she heard Daniella screamed of excitement “So I am taking that as yes then?” Mrs. Goodfellow took out some papers “Read over this brochure about the Olympics and the qualification also here is a copy of the contact” Mrs. Goodfellow handed the papers to Daniella.

“As much as I would to sign right away, I would like to think about it” Daniella said confusing her dad and Mrs. Goodfellow.

“Alright but this offer is for two days as I was hoping to take you with me back to England” Mrs. Goodfellow said her good byes leaving Daniella to read the papers.

“You are going to take this chance right?” Daniella’s dad asks making her shrug her shoulder “What is holding you back?” Daniella looks around the field ‘Luhan is the one’ she thinks.  “It’s him isn’t it?” Daniella father ask making her silently nod and walk away.

Daniella tells her friends about the good news in the car “So what are you going to do?” Ashley asks.

“Well that’s what I am hoping for tonight. I hope me and Luhan can talk things out and forgive me. If we can’t fix maybe I moving away would be for the better, starting a new life. As well he can forget about me as well and find someone else to love” Daniella choked on the word love. 

“Well maybe I should come with you, I know England has a great fashion” Kayla flicks her hair. Daniella stays silent as she looks out the window remembering Luhan beating the guy into a pulp. ‘He loves me that he was willing to lose everything to him. I’m such a bad girlfriend’ Daniella rest her head on the window.

At home Daniella went up to her room to rest, instead of celebrating with the team. Not only that but she had the ball to attend for her mother’s club. Daniella rested but tossed and turned in bed ‘What am I going to say to Luhan?’ Daniella bite down on her lip.

Flashback

Daniella was asleep in Luhan’s bed when she came over for dinner. She snuggles closer to Luhan ‘Tell him now’ Daniella thinks. When she looks up at Luhan, she could feel his lips on hers. ‘What if he doesn’t believe me, should I take off my wig? Or what if he becomes all protective and doesn’t allow me to play. Or even worse what if he breaks up with me’ Daniella gets all teary and hides her head in Luhan’s chest.

“Babe” Luhan caress Daniella cheek.  ‘I can’t to many negative outcomes’ Daniella slightly shakes her head and mumbles ‘Sorry’ she can feel Luhan arms tightening, hug her closely and rubs Daniella’s back “I don’t know what’s wrong, but you never have to apologise” Luhan whispers. ‘I wish that was true’ Daniella thinks.

Daniella quickly opens her eyes ‘Enough’ Daniella screamed in her head, she then got out of bed and headed to the washroom where she washed her face.

“Daniella darling please get dress we are leaving for the ball in ten minutes!” Mrs. Oh shouts at Daniella from the stairs. Daniella rolls her eyes and puts on pair of sweat pants and long sleeve shirt. She then goes down stairs puts on a pair of running shoes and takes her purse along. Daniella was excited and anxious to go to the ball. She wanted to dance with Luhan like a princess but most of all she want to make things right.

At the ball Daniella was at the basement with all the other girls getting ready “So are you going to be putting this on?” Kayla asks as she brings out the wig. Daniella shakes her head ‘Be yourself’ Daniella tells herself “Ok… what are we going to do?” Kayla plays with Daniella’s hair. Daniella take a brush and brush out her hair she then takes a simple head band place on her hair “Simple but beautiful” Kayla pecks Daniella’s cheek.

Everyone continued to get ready as they did each other makeup. The girls excitedly got their dress on and put finishing touches like jewelery. “To bad Suzy isn’t here, apparently she is sick” Daniella herd the girls gossiping at the back. Everyone headed to the main floor. Ashley went running towards Taemin who spin her around. Leo hooks arms with Kayla and started to argue each other choice in fashion.

Daniella looks around the room, she can’t find Luhan anywhere. Daniella decides to speak with Kris who is with his girlfriend “Did Luhan came with you?” Daniella shyly ask. To her disappointment Kris shakes his head. Daniella takes out her new phone and calls Luhan’s number “Hey, I’m not here please leave me a message” Luhan voice was then ended by a beep.

“Luhan, I thought you were coming” Daniella paused as she bites down on her tongue “I know that you are mad at me, but couldn’t you at least call to break up with me” Daniella harshly hanged up. Her knees felt weak, she quickly turns around back into the basement. Ashley, Kayla and Leo followed they watch her her dress as she let herself cry “That stupid boy” Daniella mumbled.

 Daniella sat on the cold floor, she let her make up get ruined by her tears “Daniella the ball just started maybe he is running late” Leo tried to sooth Daniella by rubbing her back ‘it’s over between us, it has been since he found out’ Daniella lowered her head into her knees. “Come on, he is coming” Leo said and handed Daniella her dress. Daniella stood up on put on her sweat pants and long sleeve shirt. She decided to wait in the lobby with all the other girls. Daniella listen to the Mic guy call out all the couples names, watch her friend go into the main ball room.

When it came to her turn Daniella never went in. Instead Daniella went to the garden “I guess this is it” Daniella got her phone out and dialed for someone “Hi, Mrs. Goodfellow. I’m calling to let you know that I want to take your offer” Daniella nodded. This is what Daniella thought was best for her ‘My dream is all that matters’ Daniella told herself.

“That is great news, we will catch the first flight tomorrow morning” Mrs. Goodfellow was happy to know she will be coming back to England with a great star soccer player.