Chapter Forty-Two(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Forty-Two

Valentine's day

It was late at night and Luhan was in his room looking at his phone. “Almost time” Luhan said in a low voice since Daniella was asleep. It was a minute before midnight, Luhan was waiting for Daniella's text. Luhan couldn't wait for this special moment when Daniella would confess her feelings for Valentine’s Day. He turned off his screen and turned it back on constantly hoping he would see Daniella’s message. Luhan waited up until three in the morning for Daniella to text, his eyes felt heavy as he soon fell asleep.

In the morning Daniella did her usual routine, she was about to go to class when she notice Luhan who was still asleep in bed. “Hey Luhan, get up” Daniella shook Luhan's shoulders. Luhan moaned and buried his face deeper into his pillow “Come on, you're going to be late” Daniella took his bed cover and ripped it off of Luhan's body.

Luhan rolled off the bed and got some clothes off the floor and changed into them. “Hold on” Luhan said as he quickly pulled on his shoes and grabbed his bag then headed out the door with Daniella. Luhan yawned. “Ah man I should have brushed my teeth” Luhan regretted.

Daniella laughed and sniffed Luhan. “And maybe a bath as well” Daniella scrunch her nose up. Luhan punched the side of Daniella's arm making her fake whimper. They laughed as they walked to class together. Daniella noticed how most of the girls kept looking at the two of them. ‘Is something on my face?’ Daniella looked at herself in the reflection of her phone. ‘Or do Luhan and I smell that bad?’ Daniella couldn't understand what was happening.

During class Luhan kept getting his phone out of his pocket just to check his messages. ‘It shouldn’t matter if she confesses to me today, I know that she loves me’ Luhan griped his phone tight. He took a couple of breaths before he put it back into his pocket. “If today is going to be anything like last year, I’m doomed” Luhan said in a really low voice to himself.

Daniella looked at Luhan. ‘Why does he look so sad?’ Daniella had to think, did she do something wrong? ‘Luhan what did I do wrong this time?’ Daniella asked in her head. “What’s going to happen?” she asked a little too loud.

Luhan looked up. “No talking, and listen!” The teacher shouted at the two. Luhan went back to taking notes, Daniella looked around and saw all the girls looking at them. Daniella noticed a girl winking at her. ‘Did she just wink at me?’ Daniella looked down at her notes ignoring all of the girls' stares.

When the bell ring dismissing the class, all the girls came running to Luhan and Daniella's desk. Daniella didn’t understand why the girls were surrounding their desk pushing one another to be in front. “Daniel, I want you to have this” A girl handed her a box with a white envelope. “I'll be waiting for your reply” the girl giggled and walked away.

“Uh” Daniella's arm was being pulled making her get out of his seat. Luhan dragged Daniella out of the classroom away from all the girls. Daniella opened the box “Chocolates?” Daniella questioned.

“Don’t you know what day it is today?” Luhan asked, Daniella shook her head. “Today is Valentine’s day and all the girls will be giving their crush chocolates” Luhan said and Daniella's mouth dropped open. “You shouldn’t accept anyone's chocolates if you’re not going to accept their feelings” Luhan said, he looked at his phone hoping to see that Daniella had messaged him back.

“Wait aren’t the guys supposed to do these kind of things?” Daniella asked. Back in America Daniella remembered the guys trying to impress the girls on Valentine’s Day.

“There's white day for guys, when they express their feeling to the girls” Luhan said making Daniella confused again “-And then there's black day for all the single people.” Luhan and Daniella both walked into the cafeteria.

“God, why do you guys have this sort of thing?” Daniella shook her head. All the girls came swarming to Luhan and Daniella shoving boxes into their hands. It finally hit Daniella.. “Wait are you expecting Daniella to do something?” Daniella asked.

“I know she loves me, she doesn’t have to” Luhan kindly rejected all of the girls’ boxes and sat down with his friends. Daniella did the same thing “I kind of wished the girls wouldn’t do this, especially because I now have a girlfriend” Luhan took a sip of water.

“Come on Luhan, don’t you remember high school when no girls gave you chocolate?” Chen pointed out.

“Yeah you were ugly with those braces and pimples” Tao joked laughing out loud. Kris took his text book and hit Tao on the back of the head. “Hyung-“ Tao pouted and started whining.

Luhan ignored everyone and was just looking at his phone. ‘I should probably do something... I don’t want Luhan to be disappointed in me’ Daniella thought. “Daniel can we talk?” Daniella looked up to see Suzy.

“Yeah sure” Daniella got up from her seat and walked out of the cafeteria with Suzy. They walked into an empty classroom, once the door was shut Daniella could finally ask “Is everything okay, is the baby okay?” Daniella was in total panic mode.

“Don’t worry we're fine” Suzy made sure Daniella sat down. “I want you to come for my first ultrasound today” all of sudden Suzy became shy.

“Yeah, of course. What time do you plan on leaving?” Daniella asked.

“Around six pm” Suzy bit her lip. “Do you know when Sehun is coming back?” Suzy asked and Daniella shook her head. “I miss him” Suzy burst out in tears. Daniella quickly got up and hugged Suzy and rubbed her back. “God, these stupid hormones are making so emotional” Suzy mumbled, she wiped away her tears.

“Look, we can ask the doctor and he can take a sample and do DNA testing with Sehun. If it comes out positive then we can tell Sehun. He will be here in a heartbeat, okay?” Daniella helped wipe away Suzy's tears. ‘Sehun, please. Don’t freak out’ Daniella and Suzy made their way out of the classroom. “I didn’t know the girls have to make chocolate for Valentine’s Day, what I should do?” Daniella asked Suzy.

“How about a romantic night in bed?” Suzy suggested making Daniella stop and stare at Suzy. “I was being sarcastic!” Suzy waved her hands making Daniella chuckle. “How about...” Suzy leaned in and whispered into Daniella's ear.

“That would be perfect!” Daniella pecked Suzy's cheek.

It was late afternoon when Luhan went back to his room. The lights were dimmed and the scent of sweet vanilla filled the room. He walked in slowly and saw Daniella in a Swedish outfit holding a plate of strawberries. “What?” Luhan said in low voice. He was more than happy to see Daniella dressed ily for him.

“Happy Valentine’s day! I was hoping you would join me for some chocolate fondue” Daniella placed the strawberries on the table. She walked to Luhan and pecked his cheek, before she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the couch. Daniella took the strawberry and dipped in chocolate fondue. Daniella ate it slowly on purpose making Luhan moan.

“I want some of this” Luhan leaned in and kissed Daniella on the lips. He away the chocolate on Daniella's lips as he kissed her. Luhan pulled away and got Daniella to sit on his lap as she feed him strawberries. “Why didn’t you text me back?” Luhan asked.

“You know how busy I am with my mother helping her out with work and her club” Daniella lied making her stomach turn. “Plus you know how much I love you Hannie” Daniella pecked Luhan's cheek and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Can you stay the night?” Luhan asked.

“My bother has to be here at school, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to see us together in bed” Daniella lied again making her feel sick.

“Wait, I don’t think I've ever seen the two of you together” Luhan said making Daniella nervous. “Why is it that I never see you together or in this?” Luhan got up and showed Daniella's book filled with photos of her and Sehun together.

“Luhan can we not talk about my brother and me tonight” Daniella wanted the conversation to end.

“Come on, I know you guys are identical but I never saw you two together” Luhan pulled out his phone. “Let me call him” Luhan said and Daniella took his phone away.

“Luhan stop I want you to stop comparing my brother and I” Daniella said sternly.

“Why are you acting like this? Are you and your brother in a fight?” Luhan said making Daniella become even more irritated. Daniella looked at the time and noticed it was close to six, she took her jacket and bag of clothes she put on the side. Luhan stopped her from leaving. “I’m sorry, I won’t talk about Daniel. Just don’t go” Luhan pleaded.

“I have to be somewhere, I’ll call you later” Daniella looked at Luhan who was pale again. “I love you Hannie” Daniella pecked Luhan's cheek. She passed Luhan and walked out of the door. Once she was out, she couldn’t help but regret leaving Luhan alone. ‘I promised Suzy and she is family now’ Daniella told herself.

Luhan clenches his fist and kicked the coffee table making the fondue spill to the ground with the candles. He notice the scrap book started to catch on fire. “!” Luhan ran to the bathroom and got a glass of water. He quickly blew out all of the candles and turned the lights back on. He examined the damage to the scrap book, all of the photos were either dirty with chocolate or burnt.

Luhan plopped onto the couch and sighed heavily. ‘Why is it that something always goes wrong when we're together... can’t we have spend time together without any problems getting in the way?’ Luhan called Daniella but it went straight to voicemail. ‘Could this just be a sign that we're not meant to be together?’ Luhan didn’t want his question to be answered. Luhan wanted to believe that everything would be alright for them.