Chapter Twenty- Seven(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty-Seven

A Great Friend

 

Once again the boys woke up extra early, however this time they were excited. They had to travel from London to Manchester. Today was a very special day for them; the team got to practice with professional players and they also got to watch a game. People from all around the word came to see this game in Manchester; Portugal vs. Argentina. Those two countries were known for playing great soccer games against one another.

The team were on the bus at five in the morning. No one was sleepy, however they were cheering and placing bets on who will win “Awe man I bet this game is going to be the best one of the season!” Daniella exclaimed. Luhan sat next to her going through the player’s stats before placing his bet.

“I think I may take my chances on Argentina” Luhan nodded “Put me on Argentina!” Luhan yelled.

“Gotcha Luhan” Kris shouted back, as he placed his name on the Argentina.

“You've got to be kidding, Argentina?” Daniella pretended to be shocked. “Don’t you know how great Portugal players are?” Daniella asked.

Luhan chuckled. “Yeah and they have been every year since Ronaldo has been team captain” Luhan argued.

Daniella crossed her arms, she was definitely not pleased with Luhan's choice of words. He is an idiot. Daniella thought. “You've got to be kidding me, did you forget that he got the world’s best soccer player award?”

“Noo. . .he stole it” Luhan shook his head in disagreement. Daniella stared at Luhan as he acted all cute, she could feel her heart beating just a bit faster. “Look at you” Luhan pointed at Daniel. “You face is turning red! Are you that mad?” Luhan laughed.

No, I’m just flushed because of your cuteness. Daniella thought and smiled. Daniella punched the side of Luhan's arm playfully. “Please me mad? You will see at the end of today’s game.” Daniella smirked. “Put me on Portugal!” Daniella shouted.

“Okay” Kris yelled back.

The team stopped at a café first to get some breakfast before they went to get the train to the stadium.  Once again Taemin and Daniel had to help everyone out choosing their orders. The baristas were getting flustered with all the hot guys trying to order.

What was worse is when Xiumin leaned over the counter and watched them making the lattes and coffees. Xiumin's face brightened up as steamed was released from the machine “Here you go sir” The barista handed Xiumin his coffee.

Xiumin smiled and bowed, Daniella saw how the barista's face turned a peachy red colour. Daniella went up to Xiumin who was putting the sugar in his cappuccino. “You know, I think that barista is attracted to you” Daniella said making Xiumin look at Daniel then at the barista.

“Me? nah. Everyone thinks I look like a baby. Girls see me as their gay best friend, not boyfriend material” Xiumin shook his head.

“I think you should write your number on this napkin and give it to the young lady. Maybe the two of you can hang out tomorrow since we have a free day” Daniella winked. Xiumin looked back at the barista and saw her smile. He then got a slight push from Daniel making him stumble a bit.

Xiumin took a minute and decided to go for it. Xiumin smiled and leant over the counter only to slide right off and fall to the ground. Xiumin got back on his feet as quickly as possible, he brushed off the dirt.

The guys on the side chuckled and so did the barista. Xiumin glared his friends to shut up, but when he looked at the barista he gave an awkward smile. “Do you have any plans for tomorrow?” Xiumin asked and lifted one eyebrow, hoping his English was not that bad.

The barista giggled. “No I’m free, why don’t you give me your number?” The barista leant down giving Xiumin full view of her cleavage. Xiumin couldn't help but look down her shirt, he gulped hard and looked up at her.

Xiumin got her number and put it into his phone. “And does the lovely owner of this number have a name?” Xiumin's cheesy line got the girl flustered and red.

“Why don’t you put down Anastasia, Xiumin” The barista said making Xiumin go a bit pale. How did she know my name. Xiumin asked himself. He left and sat back down with his friends, all of them were shocked to see Xiumin getting a date with a British woman.

“Aww Ge, I want a date with a pretty women” Tae whined to Kris, making Kris glare at his younger.

Kris flicked his arm “You can get a girl if you stop being a baby” Kris clicked his tongue and turned away from his younger, making Tao whine even more.

Daniella fist pumped Xiumin and smirked. The boys kept chatting about dates making them all ask Luhan about Suzy “Guys, honestly I don’t think Suzy is the one for me” Luhan said making his friends say ‘Uh’ and ‘What’. “I know, I know I said she was the one, but I feel like the glass is half empty with her. However if I dump her then I’ll just be an empty glass” Luhan made the whole table quiet.

“What about Daniella?” Taemin asked making Daniella's head pop up and glare at him.

“Please if Daniella is going to date anyone it’s going to be me” Kris flexed his arm. Tao whined like a little girl, Taemin rolled his eyes, Daniella looked away and the other guys laughed. “Yah- I’m serious, we had this eye contact and I just knew she was the one” Kris said.

“That sounds like what Luhan said when he first saw Suzy” Chen pointed out.

“Wait, you made an assumption that Suzy was your girl from a 3 second look that night? Jeez that night she was talking to my brother and she even asked Daniella to get Sehun. Dude you’re in love with a girl who doesn't even love you” Daniella said and Luhan pounded his fist on the table.

“Stop it! Why do you we always end up talking about Suzy and I not bening meant for eachother?” Luhan shouted but then a flash of Daniella went into his head. “Never mind” Luhan walked away from the table and headed to the tour bus. The guys quietly and quickly ate their food and got back onto the bus.

It was about ten in the morning when the guy’s team finally arrived at the stadium. They were greeted by players on the England team.  Some people got really shy, while other smiled like idiots and then there were some like Daniella asking for pictures.

The guys quickly changed into their soccer uniform and started to warm up with the professional players. They started off with running laps across the field and then they played a mini game against one another.

Wayne Rooney, the captain of the England team nudged Daniella making her lose balance and fall to the ground. The captain stoped and grabbed Daniella's hand. Daniella gladly accepted the man's hand and stood back up “Thanks” Daniella smiled.

The whistle blew “Let’s have a five minute break” both coaches agreed. This was the time when the team could ask information about joining a professional team, and what it was like. Wayne wanted to speak to Daniel only, he couldn't stop thinking about when he held Daniel's hand ‘It was so soft and delicate like a girl's’ Wayne thought.

“Daniel why don’t you go get some water for your team?” Wayne asked, Daniella smiled. Both walked to the changing rooms to grab the case of water. “So why is a girl dressed up as a boy playing football?” Wayne asked making Daniella's eyes widen in shock.

“H-how” Daniella was utterly speechless.

Wayne held her hand and rub his thumb over it. “Only the loveliest girls have hands like these” Wayne said with a smirk. Daniells started to feel uncomfortable and tried to pull her hand away, but Wayne held it tighter.

“L-let go” Daniella stuttered which only made Wayne step closer getting into Daniella's personal space.

“You know you said you wanted to get close to me, that's what you said when we took a photo together” Wayne his lips and leaned into Daniella's neck. He then inhaled deeply taking in Daniella's scent, before he could even touch any further he was shoved forcefully.

“Stay away from him” Xiumin shouts.

“Boy did you know your friend, teammate here is a girl dressing up as boy?” Wayne laughed.

Xiumin swallowed hard “Yes I know, and I would like you to leave before I let my coach and your coach know you were harassing a young girl” Xiumin spoke defensively

“Kids these days” Wayne rolled his eyes and left the two in the locker.

“Xiumin, how did you know, how long have you known?” Daniella asked hoping that Xiumin could continue to keep her secret.

“Actually I just found out now, I saw a friend who needed my help” Xiumin smiled “But tell me why dress up as guy?” Xiumin was confused.

“Do you think our coach would let a girl try out or even play soccer?” Daniella asked and Xiumin lowered his head. “Eastern university rejected me and I knew by playing against them, winning would be the only way for me to be accepted” Daniella said. She then held Xiumin's hand “Please don’t tell anyone, I need you to keep this secret” Daniella begged.

“Well even being a girl, you still play soccer better than some people on our team. Plus you did help win our last game” Xiumin smiled. Daniella hugged her friend tight and kept thanking him, she then pecked Xiumin's cheek making him blush “It must be hard being with Luhan” Xiumin said making Daniella's smile turn into a frown.

“Can we not talk about him and me?” Daniella asked.

“Fine, but you should tell him since you are best friends with him” Xiumin said making Daniella think. Would Luhan accept me as Daniel, or even still be friends with me? If I tell Luhan he could tell the coach. Daniella sighed and joined everyone on the field. She noticed Luhan smiling and waving at her. Can I trust him? Daniella asked herself.