Chapter Twenty- Five(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty-Five

Stuck with Him

 

In the morning, the team all got a wake-up call from their coach. Everyone was in the lobby, yawning and slowly drifting off to sleep. The coach had booked the whole day to be touring around London. It would be the following day that they would be getting to practice with professional soccer players in a professional stadium. So the guys weren’t all that excited about a whole day going to museums.

Daniella's phone rang so she quickly answered the call. Sadly, she wished she hadn't since her mother was the one who phoned. “Did you read the letter?” Mrs. Oh asked. Daniella was annoyed, her mother didn’t even say ‘Hello’ or ‘How was your flight?’. She just got right to the point.

“No mother I haven’t” Daniella said.

“Come’ on everyone, the bus is here” The coach yelled making the boys pick up their feet and walk over to the front of the hotel.

“I'll read it on the bus okay?” Daniella quickly hung up on before she could say anything else to her.

Daniella joined the others who were on the bus, she saw everyone had already sat down. There was only one seat available and it was next to Luhan. Daniella turned to the side. “Tao sit next to Luhan, please” Daniella begged.

“No way I’m sitting next to my ge~” Tao hooked arms with Kris. Kris looks up to see 'Daniel' standing before him. Kris just shrugged his shoulders and went back to playing the game on his phone. Daniella felt someone touch her shirt, she was then pulled back by Luhan. Daniella was forced to sit next to Luhan. She sighed and looked the opposite way.

“Hey look, I’m sorry for whatever I did, but please stop ignoring me. You are my teammate, roommate, and my best friend” Luhan stated, however when Luhan didn’t get a response from Daniel he just sighed and ruffled his hair. Luhan couldn't understand Daniel at all What the hell happened in one weekend? Luhan thought to himself.

From a couple seats back Taemin and Lay saw the whole situation. They knew that if Luhan and Daniella didn't fix their relationship soon, the next game could be in jeopardy.

Daniella opened her backpack and took out the letter her mother gave to her. Daniella ripped open the envelope and took out the letter. She read the letter, her jaw clenched and her grip on the paper got tighter. Daniella ripped it into pieces and shoved it back into her bag.

“Hey is everything okay?” Luhan was worried. Daniella held onto her backpack tighter and tried to think happy thoughts instead of the contents in the letter. Maybe the letter has to do with me and Daniella. Luhan wished he could just read the letter. There was only silence between Luhan and Daniella, while the whole bus was loud from the students talking to one another.

The first stop was at dinner for breakfast. The team piled out of the bus and walked into the diner. The tables were already all lined up in a row. The team got really excited, they had never seen a fifties diner before. Plus it would be the first English meal they would get to enjoy “So tells us Daniel Is American food similar to English food? Is there anything you recommend?” Kris asked.

Some teammates continued trying to read the menue while others listened to what Daniella had to say. Daniella took the menu and looked at it. “I would say the eggs benedict would be a good choice" Daniella nodded.

“Ehh, there are so many different types of eggs benedict to choose from” Tao started to whine.

“I would say choose the flapjacks and the breakfast burger” Taemin suggested and Daniella nodded. The waiter passed by and got everyone's order. Within half an hour the food arrived making everyone start drooling. “Hey what's that?” Taemin pointed to a drink Daniella was drinking.

“It’s a salted caramel latte, want to try some?” Daniella handed Taemin the drink.

Taemin took a sip of it “mmm… its really good” Taemin nodded in approval. On the other side of the table, Luhan was bursting with jealousy. If Daniel was not mad at me, he would be sharing that drink with me. Luhan crosses his arms, not really knowing why he was jealous about Daniel.

After the big breakfast, the team got back onto the bus, as they then headed to their first tour destination.

The bus finally stopped at the British museum, in the heart and soul of London. The coach each handed them a ticket to get into the museum. “Once we're inside, we will get an exclusive tour. Alright?” The coach said and everyone cheered.

The museum was packed with people making the team stay close to one another. The whole team didn’t really understood what the tour guide was saying since it was all in English. Most people admired the painting and the great architecture.

Daniella's phone started to ring, people stared at her. She quickly took the phone out of her pocket and answered it “Hello” Daniella answered. She then froze at the sound of the voice.

“Hey buddy, I herd you are in England at the moment” Daniella's birth father said.

Daniella was having trouble hearing over the phone “Hold on a moment, let me go somewhere quiet” Daniella said and drifted off from his team. Daniella saw a janitor’s closet and decided to step inside “Look Henry, I’m in the middle of a tour right now. Can’t we talk later?” Daniella said.

“I’m your father, you should be calling me dad not Henry” Daniella's father said making Daniella roll her eyes. “Look I know you're only here for another couple more days but I would really like for us to meet up. I haven’t seen you in what 2 years?” Daniella's father then chuckled.

“No Henry it's been eight years now” Daniella said very harshly.

“The more reason to see each other right?” Daniella paused, someone opened the door making her look back. It was Luhan who stepped inside the janitor's closet “What are you doing here?” Daniella whispered using her 'Daniel voice'.

“The group moved on and I know where they are going” Luhan said.

Daniella uncovered her hand from the phone “We'll talk about this later” Daniella then quickly hung up.

“Seriously I could have called Taemin to find out where you were.” Daniella crossed her arms.

“Why don’t you go meet your father?” Luhan asked catching Daniella totally off guard.

“Did you listen to my conversation?” Daniella said feeling a little pissed. Daniella pushed through Luhan and tried to open the door. However the door knob didn't budge. Daniella swallowed hard. She tried roughly pushing the door, but it still didn't move. “No” Daniella started to panic.

“Here let me” Luhan said as he tried to turn the knob and push the door. “why would a janitor's closet lock from the inside?” Luhan asked.

“They do everything opposite including driving and putting locks on doors” Daniella joked. Daniella took her phone out hoping to call Taemin and to get him open the door. Daniella's phone beeped and the screen went black. “! my phone just died” Daniella cursed.

Luhan took out his phone, it too was black. “I must have wasted the battery last night when I talked to Suzy.” Luhan said making Daniella's chest tighten at the mention of Suzy. Daniella held her breath and started slamming her fist on the door.

“LET US OUT!” Daniella screamed.

Luhan ruffled his hair “No-one is going to come and open the door” Luhan stated. Daniella glared at him. “We went to an excluded place, to a janitor's closet to have a phone call. No-one is around, so stop wasting your energy on useless things” Luhan plopped down onto the floor and looked at his phone hoping it would miraculously turn on.

Daniella plopped down next to Luhan. "So, what are we going to do now?" Daniella questioned.