Chapter Eighteen (edited)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Eighteen

Heart Breaks

 

It was early morning, Daniella was in the kitchen with a sweater trying to warm herself up. Daniella set up the coffee pot on the stove top, she waited for the water to boil. Suho comes in his pajamas and the morning newspaper “Coffee?” Daniella asked.

Suho nodded “Couldn’t sleep?” making Daniella sigh. She then poured Suho a cup a coffee and one for herself as well.

“Sehun and I don’t have the best track record when it comes to relationships. However that didn’t stop me from trying, Sehun the other hand never had tried again. Being his only sister he thinks it’s his job to protect me from guys like him. What he doesn’t understand is that I can take care of myself” Daniella ranted. She felt like Suho was someone she could talk to and give her advice.

“Well he only talks about you and how smart you are” Daniella smile, she was also proud of her brother “But really Kai your boyfriend? you can do so much better. I notice you and Luhan may have thing going on” Suho nudge Daniella arm and winked at her as sip his coffee.

Daniella chuckle at Suho silliness but blushes when she knows that she and Luhan share a chemistry. More people started to pile in. Daniella, Ashley, Kayla and Suzy started to make breakfast for the guys. Taemin helped out making breakfast, the girls give him extra attention.

“Here let me cut that for you” Taemin said and helped Ashley cut peppers for the omelets. Taemin stands behind Ashley and takes the knife out Ashley hands. He starts to cut the peppers with Ashley in his arms, her face flushes.

Everyone sat in the living room holding their plats and enjoying the breakfast the girls and Taemin made. “I herd that Daniella and Sehun can play soccer like Daniel. Why don’t we have a match we everyone” Kris said. Sehun and Daniella smile at each making them forget about last night events.

After breakfast everyone changes and headed out onto the beach. They had split into two teams, Kris had to be the referee since he was the tallest. Sehun and Daniella were on the same team they look at one another and nodded.

Kris blew the whistle making them go running after the ball. Luhan was on the opposite team defending the net. When Luhan and Daniella when head to head at each other, Luhan couldn’t help feel this familiar feeling inside.

Taemin during the game kept picking on Ashley. Ashley had the ball but then Taemin comes and picks her up making her squeal. Kris blew his whistle “You to love birds on the bench” Kris shouted. Both of them look at each other and shrug their shoulders. Ashley pulls Taemin to side were they splash water on each other.

Kris blew his whistle making everyone concentrate on the game. Daniella was quick on the field and use her tricks. Suzy accidently tripped on the field making every stop, both Luhan and Sehun run towards Suzy. However Sehun stopped when he remember Suzy words ‘Leave me’ Sehun chest tightens when he sees Luhan helping Suzy up.

“I’m fine everyone” Suzy reassured everyone. Daniella rolls her eyes as people treat her like a china doll.

Kris points to Daniella “Yellow card”

Daniella was left with hanging “You can’t be serious, do you see her shoes laces untied she tripped over herself” Daniella tried to defend herself. Bu Kris just waved it off and blew his whistle. The game continued and Daniella even tried harder at the game.

It was lunch time and everyone was exhausted from the match. Daniella was panting hard but she high fives Sehun “We won” Sehun said and both laughed. Daniella watch Suzy take a bottle of water and hand it to Luhan. He looked awkward as if he didn’t know what to do ‘They have been awfully close to one another since last night’ Daniella asked herself.

Everyone decided to relax. Some continue to play in the water, or walk along the beach, Others went to get Lunch started. Daniella followed Luhan who went back inside to pack his bag. “Luhan” Daniella called as she watch the boy pack clothes into bag.

“Hey if you see your brother later on today, tell him I say thanks and that are deal is completed” Luhan said but Daniella heart sunk to the pit of her stomach.

“W-what” Daniella said softly stutter.

“Suzy and I are a couple, I get my dream girl and Daniel will definitely get on the team with my training. Daniella steps closer to Luhan, she was on the brink of crying. Luhan freezes and all he could see was the hurt in Daniella eyes.

Daniella goes to hold Luhan hand but he pulls away quickly “I thought” Daniella held her breath “I guess it was wrong liking someone like you. I really hope you treat Suzy well, Daniel told me about the girl you had at your dorm. She is a sweet girl, who wants to have the feeling of love” Daniella said and turn around.

She couldn’t hold it anymore, she let her tears free. Daniella runs out of the room and into her own room. She cries in her hands as she remembers kissing Luhan. She thinks of the moment they had last night, how she felt perfect in his arms. “I can't be best friend with Luhan as Daniel when he broke my heart” Daniella ask herself.

Sehun knocks on the door, Daniella opens the door and pulls Sehun right in. Daniella locks the door and then turns to her brother “Woah, Daniella were you crying?” Sehun is shock to see his sister red swollen eyes. Sehun hugs his sister but she starts hitting his chest “Daniella” Sehun calls for her.

“This is all your fault” Daniella shouted at her brother. Sehun furrow his eyebrows, he didn’t know what Daniella was talking about. Daniella started to pace back and forth making Sehun really worried “What did you say to Suzy to make her go after Luhan huh” Daniella asked.

Sehun finally knew what this was about “Daniella he is player just like Kai” Sehun said but Daniella rolled her eyes.

“I know Sehun, I told him off when he brought a girl home one night. But he told me about Suzy and how he wanted to be her boyfriend. Since then he never chase after another girl, Sehun he was loyal and caring person” Daniella held her chest “Suzy wanted you, and I thought she was perfect for you. It was her first time in a club and she saw you and only wanted you. She too is loyal person, she didn’t know about your wealth and never did Luhan” Daniella looks away.

“Suzy is just like the others, she saw me and was attracted by my looks” Sehun stated.

Daniella laughed “Suzy got to know you, she meet you once and both of you were texting one another. Then for the past week you having meeting up with her. God Sehun she is not like Emily, she is not going to get into your pants and then leave you” Daniella was cut off by Sehun slapping Daniella across the face.

“Don’t you dare speak about Emily, we promise to never speak about her” Sehun shouted at Daniella.

“Just because she broke her heart does not mean I can’t find love too” Daniella leaves her room and goes down stairs to find Luhan on the coach with Suzy in his arms. Daniella just leaves the house and goes for a jog, when she is back everyone is already ready to leave.

Daniella gave the silent treatment both to Sehun and Luhan. Daniella still had to ride with Sehun back home, however she sat next to Taemin in the middle. Suzy and Luhan were at the back. Daniella looks back to see Suzy leaning on Luhan's shoulder, her chest tightens. Both make eye contact with one another, but Daniella turns away.

The car ride was silent no one said a word to one another. Luhan couldn’t stop looking at Daniella even though she wouldn’t take a moment to look back at him. Luhan remember when Daniella came down the stairs, he saw her red swollen eyes.

Luhan just wanted to hold her close and tell Daniella how sorry he is. But when he thinks about Suzy, he can’t let go of her. Luhan couldn’t help think was Suzy really his dream girl or is it Daniella.

Luhan gets back to the dorm and notice Daniel is not back yet. Luhan paced back and forth thinks about only Daniella ‘Will this ruin my friendship with Daniel?’ Luhan thought but he shook his head ‘Daniel promised me to help me get Suzy’ Luhan nodded.

Luhan goes to the top bunk and notice Daniel belonging are not even back. ‘Where did he go’ Luhan thought. Luhan notice the scrap book, he takes it and sits on the bed as he goes through it. Luhan notice all pictures of Daniella. Luhan decided to take one of the photo of Daniella, he puts it in his wallet. Luhan waits for Daniel to show up but he never does.