Chapter Ten (edited)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Ten

Tryouts and Bodies

Daniella was crunch over heavily breathing trying to catch her breath. Taemin gets some water from his bag and passes to Daniella who happily drink it. “Thanks” Daniella said and handed back his water. Daniella straightens up and stretches her back, making her yawn as well.

“Are you okay? You didn’t call me back” Taemin asked. Memories of yesterday floods into Daniella mind, she remembers calling out for Luhan and begging him to sing him a song. Daniella bites down on her lip and looks away, however she saw Luhan talking with his friends making her face turn red “Look at you” Taemin points out and pokes your cheek.

“I actually got a huge headache and embarrassed myself in front of Luhan” Daniella said.

Taemin looks at Luhan “Your roommate” Taemin said in small voice.

Kris clears his throat “Okay everyone I want you to pair up and start stretching your legs then do 3 laps around the track” Kris said and blew his whistle. Taemin takes Daniella hand pulls her to side stretch. “They look good this year” Kris said to coach who was holding his clipboard.

“All but him” The coach said and pointed to Daniella.

“Oh Daniel” Kris said and the coach nodded.

“He looks to tiny and skinny, as if he doesn’t have any muscle. He won’t survive todays training” The coach said but he looks at Daniella is mouth drops “Flexibility is good” The coach clears his throat and look at the other student. “Glade to see Xiumin, Chen, Lay, Tao and Luhan back” The coach check off his clipboard and continue to talk about student with Kris.

“What are going to with Lee Taemin sir?” Kris asked. Kris knew Taemin is a great soccer player the only problem is that he has to be on scholarship. Kris didn’t know if the Soccer team could afford another scholarship since he is on it as well.

“Apparently the school got a generous donor from the Ivy club who will doing a bunch of fundraising for the sports department” The coach smiles as a picture the head of the Ivy club lady. After the boys were done the three laps most of them look exhausted that includes Daniella. “Alright let’s play a short game, shirts vs no shirts” The coach said.

“Luhan, Tao, Lay, Jin, Siwon, Yunho, Changmin, Onew, Yongguk and Daniel No shirts” Kris shouted. Daniella froze has her name was called for no shirts. The guys start striping off their shirts and throwing it to side. Daniella kept look back and forth not wanting to change in front of everyone.  “Chen, Xiumin, Sungmin, Heechul, Mark, Justin, Hyunsuk, Taemin and Me will be shirts” Kris said.

“Kris- I can’t be n-no ssshirt” Daniella stutter and look down. Kris walks towards Daniella and look down at her. Daniella swallows hard as she can feel Kris eyes staring at her “I-have a skin allergy” Daniella said and her lips.

Thankfully Taemin went running toward Daniella “I will switch with Daniella, she can shirt and I will go with no shirt” Taemin said and took off his shirt right away. Daniella closing her eyes and sighs, she was relieved to have a friend like Taemin who will do something like this for her.

“Fine” Kris said and blew his whistle. “Let’s get this game started” Kris hollered and the teams each form a circle. The teams were talking about positions to play, after the split up and got ready. Kris and coach look were looking at the teams and see how well they work we one another. Once the teams were ready Kris threw the ball into the centre.

Daniella is playing center forward while Luhan is the striker. Daniella may not be strong when the other guys bump into her, however she was quick with her feet making the guys do a double take when face on with her.

Xiumin accidentally kick the ball a little too high at Daniella making it hit her in the crotch. Everyone froze and look at Daniella, some people look hurt. Daniella realized that was a sensitive part for a guy “Oh yeah. . .” Daniella place her hands on her crotch and whined “Oh god the pain. . . It BURNS!” She said as she fake cry.

“Daniel five minutes to cool off your burning balls” Kris yelled and blew his whistle “Back to the game”

Daniella fake limp to the bench were some team member were waiting to be called to the field. Was sitting next to Daniella as she continue to hold onto her crotch. Lay got up and headed to the cooler and handed Daniella an ice pack.  Daniella look up to see him smiling “It will help if it get inflame” Lay said making Daniella nodded and grab the ice pack from his hands.

Daniella did not like the feeling of the ice pack on her crotch, it made her very cold. When Kris called back for Daniella to get back onto the field. Daniella got up and place the ice pack on the bench and ran straight into the middle of the field.

Tao burst out in laughter and so did everyone. Daniella look around and notice they were all laughing at her. Taemin whispered “It looks like you peed yourself” Daniella looks down on her crotch and notice it is wet from having the ice pack there.

Daniella face went red and tried to hide the wet spot with her hands. “Enough of this!” The coach yelled making everyone stop laughing “What are you high school girls?” The coach said making the boys either lower their head or shake with disagreement.

It was really hard for Daniella to do well in the game when everyone keeps laughing and making little comments about Daniella. Luhan goes towards Daniella who has the ball getting to kick it into the net. Luhan slide making Daniella lose the ball and fall to the ground making her eat some of the grass. Daniella gets up and pushes Daniella “What the hell was that!” Daniella shouted but Luhan just shrug his shoulders.

“Brush it off Daniella” The coach said making Daniella grab onto her hair and scream ‘I hate you Luhan’ Daniella screamed in her head. Luhan smirked and high five Tao. Daniella could get Luhan one moment he is nice to her and then the next he is mean making Daniella frustrated.

After an hour of playing with one another the coach finally called it day. Some student had after noon class to attend to, since it was the first day of school. “Alright I will be handing out shirts if you get white it means you are on the team, if you get yellow second string and red for third string” The coach said but it sounded a lot like yelling.

Luhan, Lay, Xiumin, Chen and Tao all got white shirts which was not a surprise for Daniella. Their best friend is the captain, even if they did badly they would get white shirts. Taemin got a white shirt making him smile and fist pump the air. However when the coach handed Daniella the yellow shirt she frown. It felt like someone beaten her up with a bat.

Daniella had to get a white shirt so she can play against eastern university and show the coach and her ex-boyfriend that she was better. Being second was not going to prove anything at all. Everyone headed to changing room, Daniella forgot what happen in the changing room.

Everyone started striping in front of her making her go red in the face. Luhan walks up to Daniella and flick her forehand “Didn’t I told you not to stare, go to your boyfriend Sehun” Luhan said.

Taemin walks towards Daniella with a towel wrapped around his hips “You have a boyfriend? You’re gay?” Taemin asked.

Daniella rolls her eyes “No I’m not!” She said and grab her bag and headed out the change room. Daniella turns around only to be bump into Kris as well. Daniella falls to the ground and looks up at Kris. Daniella only saw Kris member making her eyes got big. She quickly squeals and covers her eyes. Daniella crawls on the ground until she out of the change room

Daniella decided to shower in her room rather in public with all the boys. In the shower Daniella let the cold water hit her body as she tried to get rid of the images of Luhan out of her mind. Lucky for Daniella she had the rest of the day relax her sore body. The next day Daniella has classes instead of tryouts making her a bit nervous for her first class. All she whish was for Luhan not to be in any classes with her.