62장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Possible triggers once again

Taking a quick glance to make sure he wasn’t following me, I sped up my pace while wiping at my face. Besides the fact that I needed to get away, the only thing that wandered in my mind was a question: what now? I couldn’t walk into the gym in the middle of the basketball game and simply tell my sister I was almost out behind the bleachers. Just the idea of that got another desperate gasp and whimper out of me as I stumbled along the pathway leading to the parking lot.

I would have to tell my parents or just someone; I wasn’t going to let Kim Namjoon go without consequences. But with that idea came a question: how would I tell them? And another: what is everyone going to say about me now? They were pitiful things to think, but if all of the happenings got out, surely the whole school would know. Then what would I be seen as? What would everyone say? That I was disgusting.

Making it to the parking lot, I took another glance back.

“Hey, watch it,” a voice said only after I ran into the owner of it. I hadn’t even seen the person before because of the blurriness caused by tears and the darkness of the parking lot.

“S-sorry,” I murmured, low enough to keep my voice steady. I took a step to leave when the person stepped in front of me, causing an involuntary flinch from my side.

“Eunhui?”

Oh God, please, no.

“Wha—?” Of all people, Oh Sehun had to be the pedestrian that I bumped into while trying to get home. Instead of answering him, I kept my head down and tried to get around him when his large hand grabbed my forearm; I froze. “Hey—”

“Let go!” I spat, jerking my arm that did not come loose. Why was he even here anyway? My night was already bad enough.

Sehun frowned at me, like he hadn’t already been, and pulled my arm, prompting me to come closer—much to my displeasure. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked in a very uncaring way. He had obviously already discovered I was crying, so I wiped at my face.

“Just let go,” I demanded, avoiding looking up at him. The last thing I wanted was for Oh Sehun to know and make the whole ordeal worse; just recently reminded, I knew I was disgusting and pathetic. I didn’t need him reminding me. I jerked my arm hard once again. “Let go—”

A figure came out of nowhere, from the direction of the soccer bleachers. “Yah, Choi Eunhui!” he bellowed. Turning around in Sehun’s grip, who now looked in the direction of the voice, I saw Kim Namjoon storming towards us and I violently tugged at my arm.

“Let go, Sehun, let go,” I pleaded pitifully. I hadn’t forgotten about how easily he handed me over to Eunhyuk months before and I feared he wouldn’t hesitate to do the same. But he only held tighter as he turned to look at me.

“What’s going on here?” he asked curiously while I used my left hand to try and free my other from him. Then he looked down at my dirt-and-grass-stained clothes. “What have you been doing?” He straightened up when Namjoon got closer.

“Yah, you little brat, who do you think you are?” He pointed at me, spitting to the side. All I saw was a splatter of blood landing on the sidewalk as I unconsciously inched backwards, away from him. I felt a bit proud that I had caused him to bleed, maybe knocked a few teeth out.

Oh Sehun chuckled. “What? Did you break his nose?” he asked with amusement. I heard him, but ignored him and stepped behind him as Namjoon took a few steps forward.

He directed himself at Sehun. “Why don’t you out? This is none of your business,” he snapped, wiping his upper lip with the back of his hand. “This is between me and my girlfriend.” He pointed at me once again.

Without even thinking, the hand that had been trying to pry my own hand free now gripped at Oh Sehun’s arm, my other arm still hanging limp in his grasp. “No,” I denied the title, watching every movement Namjoon made.

Sehun laughed loudly. “Your girlfriend? Eunhui? Choi Eunhui?” he asked me, looking over his shoulder. He had an ignorant look about him and I smelled the cigarette smoke on him finally. I realized the ignorant look wasn’t for me when he faced Namjoon again.

Glaring, Namjoon shooed at Sehun. “Go home now, little boy,” he said. His response was a raised eyebrow from Sehun.

I felt the grip on my arm disappear. “Excuse you, but I am your sunbae, Kim Namjoon,” he said taking an intimidating step forward. “And I’ll have you know that Fight Club rules don’t apply to the outsiders of Fight Club.” He cocked his head to the side. I had no idea what he was going on about, but it sure put an ice cube down Namjoon’s shirt because he straightened up and took his attention away from me.

“What are you going on about?” he asked defiantly.

Sehun shrugged. “Just that your father is very fortunate to get such sweet a deal, you know.” Kim Namjoon turned a bit pale while watching Sehun come a bit closer. “Just consider this. My father got your dad off the hook and with just a snap of his finger, he could put him back on it.” Sehun grinned and shook his head. “A pity how some men can fall so easily. Guess that’s what pulling illegal strings does, huh?”

I hadn’t counted, but it felt like their stare-down went on for longer than sixty seconds. I blanked out while watching them. If it weren’t for the small moment before Namjoon showed up or the cocky smile on his face now, I wouldn’t have been sure it was Oh Sehun standing before me. I had been so sure he would just laugh and tell Namjoon he could have me, but then he went off with words that were meaningless to me. Even so, he had scared Namjoon. All the confusion had caused me to stop crying and now I only watched the back of Sehun’s head as he stared at the male in front of him.

“Fine!” Namjoon threw his hands up. “Have the ; she wouldn’t put out anyway,” he said in disgust as he turned his glare to me while spitting more blood onto the sidewalk. He turned and stomped in the direction of the school gym, where the basketball game was still in full swing. His words sent a punch to my gut, but I stood up straight and tried to hold the tears back; I didn’t want to break down in front of Oh Sehun. I knew one thing, though.

I had to thank him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter