59장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rumors surrounding Taeyeon and Sehun seemed to only escalate over the course of a couple of days. And some of them had my name in them.

Taeyeon cheated on Sehun with Luhan (that was the truth, but no one believed it).

Sehun called Taeyeon an ugly cow and demanded they break up.

Luhan tried to make a move on Taeyeon and Sehun idiotically called it quits.

Sehun cheated on Taeyeon . . . with me.

And many more, but those were just the most told rumors. Many people, the intelligent ones, didn’t believe that last one a single bit. Why would Oh Sehun cheat on his hot and talented and beautiful girlfriend Kim Taeyeon with the fat and pathetic girl he’s bullied for two and a half years? Not gonna happen.

The most believed were the ones involving Taeyeon being the victim. She apparently had her friends being loud mouths all over the place and making Sehun look like the bad guy here. Not that I was really going to argue that, but I had actually seen what went down by the lockers on Monday morning and Sehun was not the one in the wrong. Kim Taeyeon had cheated on Oh Sehun with Lu Han. Plain and simple. Jongin, Tao, and Baekhyun could also vouch for that along with me. Not that I was going to.

Sehun didn’t really help the rumors against himself either. He skulked into school and seemed to disappear until it was time to skulk back out of it. A few rumors that didn’t even involve Taeyeon said that he had gotten really terribly addicted to and was about to be sent back to rehab for it. Apparently, he had been in rehab for the past week and a half during the time which he was hiding in my bedroom and grandmother’s house. That rumor kind of cracked me up.

I think the most amusing rumor was the recurring one of Sehun being a gang leader and all big and bad. It came back due to the bruises on his face.

He never came back to the locker room again after that first day. It was a relief. With a certain tension lurking in the air around him, it didn’t help the amount of tension that always lingered when we were both near each other. Neither did the fact that I couldn’t seem to have a decent conversation with him without bringing up something related to him bullying me and making the situation way more awkward than necessary.

It felt a bit odd. Or I did. For once, Oh Sehun was minding his own business. Seriously. A very small part of me felt paranoid, watching for the moment he would strike. But I knew it wasn’t coming. There was one point before the end of the week that I was busy digging through my locker and hadn’t even noticed that he was standing there. Before running off, I glanced over and a half a second of eye contact didn’t instill fear in me for the first time in years.

I couldn’t see any ulterior motives in his eyes.

That scared me. But not in the same way it scared me before. Ironically, it scared me because I feared I might’ve been missing something and I was going to be spontaneously attacked without a of defense. Even though I seemed to know deep down that it wasn’t going to happen. Old habits were trying their hardest to stay alive.

I just felt torn.

Funnily enough, I was attacked not long after everything. I hadn’t expected it, seeing as a week had passed and rumors were dying and everyone seemed to be moving on with their lives. Then I bumped into Taeyeon.

Walking into school that morning, it was as basic as usual (recently usual anyway). Sehun had either already come and gone or had yet to show up, so he wasn’t at his locker. Baekhyun and Jongin were happily talking about graduation day that was so near yet so far. Condersidering Baekhyun was yet to be a senior, it was a bit far for him.

“I’m not sure if I’m sad that you’re all leaving me or I’m so overly ecstatic that I’m going to pee on myself,” he thoughtfully said, staring up at the ceiling.

“That’s disgusting,” said Jongin.

I almost joined in when Baekhyun began chuckling. A few moment afterwards, Tao came barrelling through the hallway.

“Are you guys as excited as I am?” he squealed.

“Are you so excited you could pee on yourself?” Baekhyun asked.

Tao gave him a disgusted look. “Ew, no. Why would I pee on myself?” he asked. Baekhyun shrugged and opened his locker.

“It’s Senior Night next Friday!” Tao hollered, releasing a string of giggly burps of excitement.

Baekhyun mimicked the noise a lot more obnoxiously before saying, “Nobody cares.” Tao glared.

“You’re just bitter than we’re graduating and you’re stuck here with Taeyeon,” he spat.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and mimicked him again.

Jongin nudged Baekhyun. “In the least amount of consolation I can make, you still have Sunny,” he informed.

Baekhyun paused for a moment before smiling brightly. “You’re a good friend, buddy,” he said.

“And Kyungsoo will still be here too.”

Baekhyun waved his hand. “Eh.”

Tao clapped his hands, demanding their attention again. “It’s the biggest game of the season, so you al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter