47장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ended up not sleeping that night. After managing to (awkwardly) get Sehun to the entrance of his home, I hurried to my own one and locked myself in my room, feeling as if I was losing my mind the longer I thought of what had happened. If you thought about it, I had actually walked Oh Sehun home and that was even more baffling.

When he had finally calmed down to a point where I felt okay letting go of him and discreetly pushing his arms to his own side, he seemed to have realized to what extent he just blew up on me. At first, he looked a bit dazed and then a frantic look in his eyes told me he was not comfortable in my presence. That being said, I wasn’t going to question him but I was not going to leave him standing on the street with a red face and puffy eyes. I ended up being able to get him to walk forward with a small nudge to his back and we walked side by side in the direction of his house. It was an entirely silent walk, which I appreciated immensely.

Then I left him at the entrance of his house, biting back the questions on my tongue and without even telling him a proper goodbye.

Needless to say, school was a no go and I still wondered how exactly I was passing my classes with how little I could focus during the lessons. I guess doing my work on time to keep my mind off other things really worked out well for me. Still, even with my good grades, I was still prone to getting glares from the teachers who caught me zoning out. It wasn’t like it was my fault that Oh Sehun had a total meltdown out on the streets the day before and I was pretty traumatized from it.

Well, I guess if I hadn’t have nagged him then he wouldn’t have burst, but it was his fault I nagged because he threatened Junmyeon who was also nagging me. Obviously, we all needed to deal with our nagging problems.

I lingered behind in class before going to my locker and grabbing my packed lunch and going to the locker room. Pausing outside the door, I questioned myself if this hiding spot was so any longer. Not only had I spilled the beans about myself hiding here but Sehun could quite possibly now be on a warpath because he cried in front of me. As if I had witnessed a brutal murder, Sehun could be the murderer out to get me before I could rat him out. Of course, I wasn't going to, but he didn’t know that.

With a shrug, I took my chances and entered the locker room anyway. Realizing my luck of not seeing a single one of the goons, besides Tao who went running through the hallway that morning screaming about some famous basketball player, I patted myself on the back for doing well. Tao and Jongin—and sometimes Baekhyun—were tolerable, but Luhan—especially if with Baekhyun—was not and Taeyeon was never pleasant, though I usually didn’t much of her and as always, Oh Sehun was on a whole other level. If I had seen his face first thing, I might’ve rearranged before class started.

Tragically, good things never last. I was on my way back to my locker once finished with lunch and I ran into some of them.

“I’m just saying,” Jongin was actually saying as I walked up, going to place my lunch bag back in my locker.

I side-eyed Sehun as if his forehead was supposed to be sporting a big “I CRIED IN FRONT OF CHOI EUNHUI” as he dug around in his locker. On the other side of him, leaning against Kim Taehyung’s locker, Jongin caught me and I quickly turned my eyes back to my own business.

“Why can’t you just think about it? It’s a good and basically the only option,” Jongin continued.

I sighed, hating how I always managed to walk in on important conversations. If they were going to talk in front of people, they could at least inform them of what the conversation was about. Shaking my head at how stupid that thought was, I gathered my needed books.

“Can you just drop it?” asked Sehun. It didn’t go unnoticed just how hoarse his voice was.

Jongin being aware of what went down the day before crossed my mind, being something I wondered. If so, was that what they were talking about? And also if so, Jongin indeed needed to drop it. I was fairly sure neither of us, us being Sehun and me, wanted a repeat of the night before. Quite frankly, I felt very uneasy and would have liked to avoid him at all costs. Not that I wanted to be mean and run away from an upset person but it was Oh Sehun, my bully, Mr. Stoic Face, and he had absolutely bawled right in front me. He hugged me. (Granted, I did initiate that.) I was at a loss of what to do around him and I had a feeling he was too. At least, I hoped he was so that would make two of us.

I also hoped he wouldn’t resort to more bullying as a default action for not knowing what to do. He most likely wouldn’t be up for a heart to heart about how he was so relieved he got his feelings out and that I was willing to be there for him and how he was so wrong to have been so mean to me all this time.

An amused snort came from me before I could help it and took an awkward sideways glance to see both males blinking at me. I cleared my throat and scratched my nose, turning back to my locker. A few moments later, both Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter