02장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend passed all too quickly and I frowned as I entered Wings High on Monday. I had spent all weekend at my grandma’s, reading and enjoying a peaceful, quiet environment. Such a contrast to the stupid school where, as soon as I walked in the doors, I was shoved out of the way and not long after someone threw a paper ball at my face, hitting bull’s-eye.

I almost didn’t want to go to my locker and just be tardy to class, but in the end, I decided maybe my good locker neighbor might be having a hard time. Nope, just Oh Sehun waiting to make my morning worse than it already was.

“Good morning, ugly,” he greeted me, leaning against his locker which was so conveniently placed next to mine; that may or may not have been the main reason he liked to bully me. I ignored him and sorted my books, setting my phone inside the locker while I did so.

“Excuse me, if I’m wrong,” Sehun continued, “but you seem to have forgotten your place in the food chain in this school while you were away, no?”

I bit my tongue, knowing better than to start something now. It was only morning and he would be here all day if I gave him a reason. I kept silent, pretending to continue sorting my books when I was really trying to figure out the perfect moment to bolt.

Sehun air in through his teeth. “Okay, I’ll keep talking. See, for this past week you’ve been back-talking and acting like it’s perfectly fine to show your face around this school, when we both know it’s not,” he said, resting his head on the locker and watching me.

I took a deep breath, trying to control my temper and mouth. I wanted to scream all kinds of profanities at him, but it was useless. I only grabbed my books and slammed my locker, causing him to blink. Without further ado, I started to leave – only to be grabbed tightly by the arm.

“Don’t forget your place, Choi Eunhui,” he said to my back. I didn’t reply, instead jerking my arm in an attempt to free it. He only held tighter, still having more to say. “Or I’ll be force to remind you, again.” He released me.

Hesitantly, I moved, both stunned by his words and unsure he would actually let me leave, but then I quickly scurried to my classroom, heaving a sigh of relief that I would have several hours before I had to see him again.

Throughout class, I thought of my actions like I had been scolded. Had I really been acting like he said? Last Friday was a bit worse than I ever been in two years, but apparently I was ticking Mr. Oh Sehun off a bit too much. Last time I’d had to be reminded of my place at the bottom of the school’s food chain, I’d been publicly humiliated at one of the soccer games. Sehun and his friends had felt proud of themselves for managing to turn the whole school against me. I’d thought being bullied by Sehun and his friends alone was something, but I hadn’t realize how much damage some fangirls and a few stupid guys looking to display their masculinity could amplify those bullies. Since then, I’d felt like I had a piano hanging over my head, threatening to fall and f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter