Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

Brilliant skies decorate the vast roof over my head. The colour of the green are now a beautiful mixture of brown and light yellow. And the warm air of autumn carries the fallen leaves, some settle on the lush soil. There are not much beings at the park. Only a few lovers and friends meeting acquaintances or dogs playing tags, playfully barking after each other. Looking around, my eyes immediately fall on a figure sitting on a wooden bench shaded by a large zelkova tree. Left hand holding a small note book, his brunette hair slowly follows the movement of wispy wind, fair skin seems somewhat glowing in the luminous sol and his eyes gentle and quiet. Every steps I take heading towards him, jittery feelings run through my spine.

"I got our Gelato!" My cheerful voice shook him out of his distant thoughts. He face upwards and I can see that he can't help with his lips curving up a charming smile, happy at my presence.

"Good job." He muses and pulls my waist closer to him, ushering me to claim his lap. And I gladly take a seat, shifting my weight on him. Still wrapping his arm on my slender waist, he open his mouth, letting out a feeble 'ahh' and I feed him a spoonful of the cold treat. He chills a bit before muffling a constant close-mouthed complaint to me and slipping a few laughter in between. I chuckle at the sight before leaning closer and lay my lips on his, kissing him tenderly. We share the Gelato together just like what we promised earlier when he persuaded me to purchase the treat. It's amazing how our tongue glide together perfectly and I swear this is the sweetest treat I ever savor all my life.

Pulling back, both of us giggles at each other, pecking his tasty lips again then I continue to quench my thirst with the Gelato. The man's eyes waver to his notebook again, sighing.

"Are you writing a song again?" I ask, spoon shoving up some taffy while studying the lyrics on the almost blank paper.

"I.. don't know. It's no good." He replies before shutting the stuff and leaving it on the bench. Instead, he grins and give my cheek a peck. Once, twice, thrice before I stop him, although I hope he would never cease his affection. Making me skipping heart beats furiously. And for a second, I thought I could live to 236 years old only with that simple actions. I could feel my cheek flushing and a twinge of sheepishness flooding me as I laugh contently.

"When I finish it.." He speaks, my curly locks of blonde. "I want you to be the only one who has the pleasure of listening to it." The mellow voice strike through me. I smile at the request. And nod calmly.

"Minnie loves me?" The enchanting figure cradles me, slightly rocking his hip. Tilting his head like a little puppy. I look at him and it's undeniably so rest-assuring. His familiar sharp nose. His familiar rosy lips. His familiar collarbone, his familiar silhoutte and everything. He is a part of me and I love him so much. So many times I feel so stuffy, trying to sustain my raging appetence, trying to deny him, but I just can't. Feel so dense of this passionate admiration. For me, he is undispensable. Celestial. I am already so used to him. So used to love him. Words can't describe. Because It's impossible for human to fall in this deep resonance.

Resting my forehead on his, I reply the obvious "Yes. I love you Jonghyun."



*
 *
  *



Waking up, I open my eyes. Blinking to adjust to the brightness of the surrounding. The warm sunlight rays on my legs which are exposed out the blanket I clutch close to my chest. I could hear the birds chirping cutely by the window sill and the weak tick-tock of the clock on the sidetable. Morning had to rise when I'm this lazy? Feeling sleepiness creeping up, I face my left and gaze at the clothing on the floor with my half-opened eyes. Key's dress, the overcoat, black leggings... All from last night. Oh yeah.. The date. I had alcohols. I was sick. I miss Itzel. Minho was talking to a pretty noona on the phone. 

And Minho brought me home. Geh?!

I instantly sit up on my bed and quickly look under my blanket. I heave a sigh of relief. I'm not . Miracelous. Clad in a singlet and boxer. Who would want to have with Guinness record largest frog alive presumely named Minho? Let alone being . I almost let myself waver back to slumberland. Almost lay down on the bed again. Which I did and I snuggle on the soft sheet and the cozy blanket. But I shot back up again. Observing here and there panickly, orbs growing wary. All the furnitures and the atmosphere indicates that I am surely absolutely in my room. I heave a sigh again, facing down. Glad to know that I'm not actually kidnapped by a psychotic loan shark who is obsessed with my child. 

"ITZEL!" I cry after my baby girl and dash off the bed. If he didn't kidnap me, then he's aiming for the love of my life! God, save Itzel!

Having to abruptly standing up, I feel a pang of headache crawling. With a hand supporting my heavy head and groaning, I notice the shadow on the floor approaching and sheltering me. Facing upwards, I found the last human - albeit - frog I never expect to see on day star, looking somehow pale and taken aback.

"Morning pig." He greets me casually and clears his throat. I seem dazzled. Okay why is he here? I keep blinking cluelessly. huh? What the hell is actually happening here? What's the scenario?

"You..." I mutter. "Mind storytelling me?" I ruffle my hair lazily and lean my shoulder on the wall. Ready for any truth bomb thrown. Minho fix his gaze straight on my doe orbs, brows furrow. And I think it'll burn if he keeps doing so. Remind me, he looks kinda hot on Monday morning. 

Hm? Monday morning? Am I missing something?

"I took Itzel." His deep voice echoes in my mind.

**********

The sight made me gulp. The very sight of a hot pancake half-awake. The sunlight bounces off his fair skin. His slightly toned up muscle on his pair of long bony arms. Travelling my eyes elsewhere to his sinfully gallant collarbone. And up to his naturally plump cheeks and plush, full lips. Which he wettens it with a of his own tongue. Seems so slow-motioned and captivating. His messy long and silky blonde sticking out of his hair pores. I had always admired bed-hair. Damn it he had to run his hands on the locks! While radiating a y glow, he doesn't even know about what he's performing. And those slender legs. Every motion it does, drives right to my groin. 

SNAP OUT OF IT, STALKER.

"I took Itzel." I blurt out. The first thing that came out of my mind after his friend handed the angel to me. And a box of with 'enjoy the ride' as a cheer for me and also as a message for Taemin.

The chick is about to rage. That I know. He probably thinks that I actually abduct Itzel. Something that surely had crossed my mind sometime ago.

"From Key. I took Itzel, from Key. Your friend. He drop off the baby earlier. Nothing devious okay?" I add, puncturing every word to relieve myself of some absurd misunderstanding. He let out a sigh, eyes clasping close. Just then, Itzel start crying out. It's a normal baby cries. Until. Both of us stunned by it. 

Because my name was in between her baby rattles.

Hasting to the living room, we found the little girl punishing her teddy. Taemin intends to lift her but then stops. Frozen to what name voice out from Itzel.

"Mino..~! Meeno!" Itzel's voice turns Taemin to stone. I, on the other hand, grinning like an amazed fanboy. She finally calls my name. In such a short term, don't you think? I guess even babies can't resist this hot chunk of chocolate.

"Itzel so cute~ want Minho? Minho oppa? Want Minho appa~" The baby reaches out for me when she takes notice of us. I squat to her and is about to take her in my arms. But Taemin kick my buttock and I buckle to the right. Okay. What the hell.

"How Dare You!! You Stole Her First Word!! Her Precious Precious First Word!! Brainwashing Her Behind My Back!! You Idiot! Thief! Bad Frog! Bad Frog! Bad!!! Stupid! I Hate You! You Bad! So Bad!" He starts to wrestle me in a way of his disadvantage. Clenching his fist and hitting it randomly on my arm, chest, head and pulling my hair, punching my chin, pushing my face away. While groaning and protesting, I try to catch his wrist but fails since his fight is so mad. So angry to me. And Itzel can't help but laugh out cutely at Taemin's behaviour. As much as the enjoyment is(I tell you he's amusing!), I have to stop his rebels. So, my eyes roam around for something to pique his interest and avert it off me.

"Monday! Work! Phone! Your boss called!" I try to sound out to him. And it reach him. He suddenly stops and look at the round clock hanging on the wall just above the sidetable where I left my car keys.

"Oh ." Taemin scrambles into his room, rushing to prepare himself to work. I pick Itzel up and follows the flushed boy. I smile at the happy baby in my arms. Before I could peek inside, Taemin immediately come out of his room, hissing and heads to the bathroom. A chuckle leaves my lips. Why is this so amusing to me? And I like it. I like this moment. It's so light and warm. I'm glad I didn't drove home last night. I don't know what's gotten into me and whatever it is that made the idea popped out of my mind to actually sleepover here. I might have been too tired. Well, it wasn't that bad. The couch was quite comfortable and the instant drink packets in his kitchen tasted like heaven. And to think that I never bought one all my life. Why is it that Brazil's original coffee beans specially picked and imported for me(god knows how expensive that crappy thing is and how crappy it tastes) lost to an easy battle of excellence quality to Taemin's delicious chocolate and coffee mixture packet that I brew more that twice as far as I could remember. I make a mental note of buying it.

"Why did you mind to sleepover at my humble home and presenting your face in my devastating morning?" The alreadydressed up boy asks me, pulling me out of my distant arsenic, while packing some things in his cross bag. 

"I thought you would love my company? Because you REALLY love me." I answer him sarcastically. You said so a few days ago. I'm not mistaken. (a/n:Remember ch2, readers.)

"Whatever. Give me back my baby!" Taemin pace to me and retrieve Itzel from my unwilling arms. To which earns my pout. The chick makes haste to the front door. Upon opening it, he gestures to me.

"Not leaving?" He makes a skeptical squint with his eyes.

"Nope. I'm sending you."

**********

Jerk. I hate jerks. I hate jerks who abandons me. But now I think I hate the jerk who stole my baby's first word from me twice. It was supposed to be my name. Be TAEMIN. Why it it Mino? As much happy I am at Itzel's progress, I curse the ing hell of Minho. That frog must have brain-washed her while I was sleeping. And to think that I actually thanked god for being accompanied him? I take that back. Last night was pretty rough. My head are still throbbing even after we both left my house, with Minho driving his fancy car to send me to work. Alcohols not my thing and I vow to keep them away from myself. 

Minho had summarized the story of last night. That I fell asleep on the way home and he had to carry me to my bed. And when I asked why my dressing were reduced to just my inners, he had no idea. Probably me, who felt hot and throwing everything away to the side. And so pass the hellish day and I woke up late this morning. According to Minho, Key had visited and returned Itzel from Yoonduk-hyung and a woman-like-voice-but-is-actually-a-man had called me which I presume is Sungjong. He asked whether I was fine or not since I haven't showed up at work today because it was weird that I missed my work since I rarely did so. Apart from very few days that I was sick and sent to the hospital, eventually ended in bothering Key to take care of me.

With Itzel on my lap, playing with the straps of my cloth, I look out the car window. Driving out the neighbourhood, we enter a block section where I could observe a few children loiter around the facilitated playground. I wanna play too.

"Stop here." I order Minho. And the older one blinks in questioning look. When his car pulls to the side, I got out the car and casually walk to one of the home. Aiming at the door which hung a wooden plate written 'Rosemary' prettily with floral decorations . Knocking a few times and I get an answer from the other side. As soon as the door opens, Niel emerges out with an appreciating smile. Greeting each other and pecks to each cheeks. But I could only frown.

"Niel, you okay?" I ask the thing that had been bugging my small brain. He's my friend. I love him and got quite worried after he ran away last time we were together. Along with the frog, of course. He only sigh with a precious smile plastered on his adorable face. But his guilt masked over is showing out a bit, producing a pregnant awkwardness. And Taem hates it.

"I'm fine! You're late. Taeminie overslept?" He say. And I let out a small laughter before handing Itzel to him. Snuggling and tucking her brown hair behind her ear. I excuse myself since I'm running late to work. SUPER late. So I give Itzel one last kiss and part ways. I head back towards Minho's car thinking of some ways to get both of them back on good terms.

As soon as I open the door of his car, "He's a babysitter." Minho comments and ruffles his own hair, disbelieve in his eyes. He stiffles a giggle, what is he? Happy? Amused? Whatever it is, I hop into his car and drive off. Soon we enter the big city of New York. Elegant and firm in every way. Buildings boldly standing on every corner. All the citizens lunging out for every minute of each own life and minding their bussiness. It could be more friendly or perhaps more loving citizens. But the cold air in the atmosphere proves it's reality.

I didn't take much long and soon we reach the flower shop. Glancing at Minho, I become speechless. Clueless to start any last conversation. My mind is banging the very obvious thing that I'm supposed to say. But it is stuck in my throat and the lump is making my heartbeats quicken its pace. I clear my throat and try to regain myself.

"T-thanks." Oh gosh Taem, you had to stutter?

"Mm." Minho replies and face the other side. And I couldn't help my eyes focusing on the veins poking out a bit on his neck. His adam's apple bulging out and his piquant ear slowly turning red blush. Oh. I get it. He's shying. Now that's cute. Actually, looking from this angle, he look so picturesque. I wouldn't be surprised if I see him in magazines. I mean look at this art. Just what kind of blossom into this sugarplum? I bet his father got some pretty strong swimmers. Taem. You're creepy.

"Hey listen." I ask, pulling the hem of his sleeve. "I don't know whatever it is that you and Niel is fighting about." And Minho furrows his brows, looking straight to me with his deep gaze. "He's my close friend and might be an important figure in your life. I came to a conclusion which only you can fix whatever it is that is going on. I'm not asking a favour, but more like an advice. See him. Have a talk. I know you are as uncomfortable as I am in this matter. It seems serious and tensed up, it's distressing isn't it? So don't make it difficult." I add before stepping out the car.

Minho faces down, a look of determination floods his features. It somehow made a storm in my gut dissipate. Mentally wishing him luck, we glance at each other.

"See you." I smile tenderly before leaving.

**********

Driving back to the neighbourhood where I left earlier, a fountain of resolution showers me. I'm going to solve whatever that bridges me with Niel, that is certain. I have to confront father sooner or later too. Or he'd die missing his little boy and I wouldn't like that. But whatever it is that come across my mind. That includes work, case, bussiness, paperworks, articles, obligation, duty, meetings, labors and all those s. It all reverts to that beautiful, beautiful, very gentle smile Taemin displayed without much of an effort to bring anyone to knees. Seriously. He made me realize that even such a common word 'beautiful' worth so much more, carry something so amazing in its existing purpose. Geez. I'm being so cheesy ain't I?

But hey. He said 'see you'. Not 'goodbye'. I bite my lips to prevent it from curving up.Hehehehe...

Making sure that I spot the right house, I undone the safety belt and step out of my car. . I'm getting fidgety. What if Niel denies me? What if he usher me away? As much as I love him, I know I can't secure him with my feelings only. And I don't even know why he was so mad back then. Or maybe that's why he's mad. I tick the hell out of him, yet I have not one clue about it. Now that's annoying. Bracing myself, I head towards the front door, which is left open wide.

"Boys, get these outside!" An order sounds out and startles me. Then, a few children rush inside, laughing and giggling. As they come out one by one, each are holding plates of food, drinks, a basket full of food back to the playground right in front of the house. Sitting and talking while taking their seats on the picnic table. I hear footsteps behind me, so I look back. And I found Itzel. In Niel's arms. Gaping at my presence. Eyes seems like wanting to burst of surprisement. Gathering himself together again, he allows the children to dig in their lunch. Which is followed by a hollow pause between the two of us.

"Niel." I finally calls out. Sighing voicelessly I continue. "I jus--"

"I'm sorry." Niel cut me before I finish. I fall into silence, wishing for the best. "I was stupid." He faces down, sadness flashing on his adorable face. I wrap a hand around his neck and bringing him along to an empty wooden bench. Sitting next to each other, I relax my back. The cool breeze blows, flowers rooted to the ground rustles at every gentle wind that caresses. The translucent sun hides behind white, puffy clouds. Birds fly across the infinite lane of skies. Chirping and chasing after each other. 

"Look." I start, trying to follow Taemin's advice. "I need you to tell me. Or we'll never get the bottom of this." Niel fixes his gaze on me. Sighing and Itzel's hair who is drinking her milk, holding both ear of the bottle.

"I won't be so emotional. To summarize everything. I got jealous. Neglected, to be precise." He faces down, flashing a forlorn smile. "Father favoured you more, Hyung. It's obvious. It hurts when I get compared and lose to each battle." I knew. And I wasn't blind to what insults Father cut him with. And I ignored him? Cruel. What kind of brother am I?

"And Mother.. Well, she never seems to be home." Niel voice seems shaken and I rub his back. He hold back his tears. He must have been missing Mother so much. He's so young. And yet he survives in this harsh world by himself. He deserves so much more.

"I had no one to talk to. No one to turn to. I.. really thought I was all alone. Fighting." He adds, eyes locked to nothing, seemingly blank.

So.. when I almost made the firm assigned for me lose its stance, Father mocked me." I frown. So that's why it's under me. That's why Niel seems unsatisfied with the outcome of that firm. Father is always so ambitious. Starting at the age when you can walk, eat, communicate, think as wise, study by yourself, work and responsibility falls on your shoulder. Can you believe it?

"And his piercing cold voice frightened me. I ran. But soon I realize Father's judgement was the best he could conclude. I was to blame. It was a test for me and I ran from it. Ashamed, I never tried to contact home nor return." He continues. I was there. I could be there for him. I was just a selfish kid, older than him, dazed in compliments and dreamy hallucinations while he was living in a reality.

"No need to get into details. Let's just bury these stupid memory." He glances to me, eyes pleading.

"Niel. Won't you.. come home?" I request, praying for my inclination to be fulfilled. He sigh again, closing his eyes.

"No. Not yet. I'm.. not prepared. But I'm glad you, y-you're here." He smile. "Hyung.. Still love me?" Niel enquire. I'm quite dissapointed with his answer but smile widely nonetheless.

"Idiot! Of course I do!" I ruffle his hair messily and he laugh contentedly. A genuine laugh. Exhaling, I wrap my arm on his neck and plant a kiss on his cheek. Noticing the laugh of Itzel, clapping her small hands, I take her in my arms.

"Mii~no!" She cheerfully speak out.

"Itzel can speak?! Wow! And he called Hyung's name!" Niel's face fills with excitement. I know. I'm great. Go ahead. Put me in prison for real. I can surely kill. RAWR.

"Mino~" She calls me again. I nuzzle her nose on mine, rocking my lap and swaying her left and right. Look at this little devil! She's so cute!

"Hyung, you look like a father." Niel comments. I glance at him, proud pictured on my face. 

"I would be one for Itzel. That's for sure." I smile at the idea.

"But I wonder who is Taeminie's real partner. Never seen him."

"Partner? What?"

"Itzel is Taeminie's child. You don't know?" My heart almost stop beating after Niel's sentence.

"Who-who is the mother?" I ask, rather impatient.

"Taeminie is."

 

 

*****
 

Alright.... sorry for the late update! >_<