Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

 

The date concluded when the sky darkened into a vibrant purple colour. Onew offered Key a ride home and the latter was obviously happy and smiled as though the day's activity did not wore him out at all. Minho and I reached home just before the nineteenth hour.
 
"I think I want to be a member." Minho spoke as he sat on the bed's edge, eyes sparkled with interest and began taking off his shirt.
 
"What member?" I asked, hands busy rummaging the closet for my clothing baggage.
 
"The riding club." He replied. I chuckled.
 
"Rich bastard."
 
"What, you want it to?" Minho asked. I smiled to myself when I found a comfortable shirt to wear after bath and shut the mahogany closet behind me as I began walking towards the comfy bed.
 
"Nope. I had enough of horses and grains." I exclaimed and dropped my tired body on the spongy bed, stomach against the soft covers, in the fresh smell of the sheets and exhaling in content. I close my eyes as the comfort draped myself. Minho, just next to me, lay on his back, his shirt tossed somewhere on the floor.
 
For a moment, both of us didn't move, just basking in the great relaxation and letting all tense muscles rest. I felt Minho turned facing me, his chest against my back and wrapped his arms around my waist, cuddling me closer. I whined in approval, allowing his broad torso to cloak my smaller frame. I felt his warmth pouring into me and I press back for more, knowing that Minho won't complain.
 
For a moment, Minho's breathing fanned my neck, but when his phone rung,  Minho groaned in displease.
 
"Go answer it frog." I told him. It proved otherwise, when I felt Minho stationed ourselves closer, burying his face on my shoulder, still engrossed in his best comfortable position and showing no inclination to let go. "Frog!" I chirped with a smile and hit his hand around my chest until he grunted irately and detached himself to grab the phone.
 
" you Taecyeon." He breathed out to the other line, sitting up on the bed. I giggled at how annoyed Minho is, my body still in the same state because I find the comfort is too great to resist. "Huh? Can't you do that yourself? I'm not always free." Minho said to the phone.
 
"Yea rite." I commented wittily, and felt Minho smack my bottom playfully.
 
"What's so urgent anyway?" He asked, brows creasing again. Then, silence as he intently hear what news the other line brought for him. It was not until a few minutes later that Minho said goodbye and hung up. He sighed, and from what I hear, he's distressed. I sat up next to him, hair already messed up.
 
"What's wrong?" I enquired. Minho glanced to me, eyes serious and contemplated to say something. I waited until he resolved. He had to tell me anyway.
 
"It's Taecyeon." Minho revealed, "He said we got Kevin's merchandise, a donater." To hear about Kevin or Jonghyun is still sensitive to me, but I stayed unwavered. 
 
It's alright. There's Minho.
 
"I see." I muttered, letting the news to sank in me. I can't help but imagine the future when Jonghyun can finally see again, to be able to read and write music script again, to be able to witness the world and to live as a proper human being. But it's weird.
 
I can't picture myself in the visions. I could try all I want, but I find myself not wanting to be in the picture. Not with him anymore.
 
I maybe has to live with the romantic memories that left a deep scar in my heart, I yield to that. I am aware that I cannot get him off my life, off my mind, never in million years even if the death deity won't claim me. I loved him greatly, I did. However, our time.. has passed. And whatever has passed, it will stay as that, because that's what it is, something that has passed; a history.
 
I fix my gaze to Minho, who I found, eyes glued on mine. "I have something to ask." I muttered lowly.
 
"What is it?" Minho offered, voice sincere.
 
"Can.. Can you organize your meeting with Kevin so that Jonghyun can be present? They don't have to know about me. I just... wanna see them."
 
I want to see them off.
 
Minho sighed. He raised his hand to ruffle my tousled hair, refining it back to its former state. "Sure. I can do that." He agreed with a grim smile. I smiled back appreciatingly.
 
Minho's hand slide down from my head to caress my cheek, then gently, he lift my chin up. 
 
He kissed me tenderly and I melt away at the pleasure of having his lips against mine. Minho my bottom lip, experimentally asking for entrance and I allowed him. I
 
nstantly, Minho explored my mouth to his pleasure, first politely. His kisses grew heated and soon enough, he pushed me back to lay down on the bed, towering over myself. I roam my hands around his torso, feeling the hard muscles against my skin, and wrap my arms around his strong back. 
 
A familiar warmth spread across my body.
 
*********
 
After checking in Itzel, who was attended by Nigel, I return to my bedroom. The sound of Taemin showering filled the silent void in the room. I saw his clothes sprawled randomly across the floor and without realizing, I grinned.
 
I walked towards the sidetable and grabbed my phone. I went through my contact numbers and pressed downwards until I found the name I was searching for; Kevin.
 
"Time for bussiness.." I muttered to myself and dialled him. The calling beep vibrated throught the phone as I wandered aimlessly around the room until I stopped my steps before a window next to the bookshelf, peering outside without any particular interest.
 
"Hello?" A voice greeted me from the other line.
 
"Hello, Kevin. Remember me?" I hear him sigh and I imagine him growing restless.
 
"Mr. Minho." He replied.
 
"Yes, I have news for you. Do not worry, It's a good news." I started. "We have found a donater."
 
"That's.. wow." Kevin exclaimed calmly, and I knew deep down, he's growing excited.
 
"The paperworks are done and we have even prepared a specialist for the surgery, the venue is a very hidden hospital that I am sure no one can tolerate even the slightest attention. That is something I want to discuss with you."
 
"That's not in the contract." Kevin spouted proffesionally.
 
"Don't fret, I'm not altering anything. I just want to meet this person that you want to give the pricely gift so much. Can't I?" Kevin stayed silent, juggling his thoughts to choose the best solution.
 
"Our firm can only provide the best, I assure you." I persuaded.
 
"Fine then. I'll do what I can." Kevin agreed and I did all I can to prevent myself to punch the air in delight.
 
"Until next week then, my worker will call up to inform you the time. We'll move to the venue together, so you'll get my address beforehand." I finished with a triumph smile, then hung up.
 
"Work?" A voice came up from behind and I turn around to find Taemin dressed comfortably in a grey shirt and white sweatpants, long hair still wet and unbrushed. A towel hanged around his neck and he used it to dry his hair.
 
"Yeah." I answered with a grin and passed by him to head in for a shower, his sweet lavender smell catching up on me as I did so. Before I could suppress myself, I found myself turning my heels back to him and surprised him with a smooch to his plump lips. Our lips unlatch with a smacking sound that rippled across the room.
 
"What's with you frog?" Taemin asked.
 
"Nothing~" I mused and skipped inside the bathroom with a towel in my hand.
 
That night, we had dinner, the meatball Taemin made last time because I liked it and craved for it, then we watched television together, laughing at the ridiculousness of Tom and Jerry beating each other up, but apparently, cannot live without one another. Today was their seventy second birthday. We spent the rest of the night playing with Itzel and teaching him new words but what sprang out of his small mouth is Nigel's name over and over again. Guess he spent too much time with that retarded butler.
 
Taemin wanted to sleep with Itzel that night and I agreed with an open heart. So Itzel slept in between us, the smallest and most precious being in the whole world.
 
**********
 
I wake up to the bright daylight, my hand that was on Itzel's stomach is now on the bed sheet instead. Alerted, I looked up, only to find Taemin's sleeping form in front of me, but no Itzel in sight. Although drowsy from the sleep, I sat up and my eyes caught on the person that I dread yesterday; Dahae-Noona.
 
She held Itzel in her arms, who drank a bottle of milk cutely. Dahae-Noona was smiling kindly. If not, creepily.
 
"Good morning, Sir Minho." She greeted, eyes still focused on Itzel in her arms. Oh my god, I'm dead.
 
"D-Dahae-Noona, look, calm down."
 
"Calm down? What do you mean?" She asked, smiling from one ear to another and I'm stuck in wonderng whether she's happy or displeased. Nigel appeared from the door and she hand over Itzel to him.
 
"You went out on a date yesterday, I've heard. A double date not to mention! But the consequence is, well, sorry to say, no work had been done." She exclaimed with a smile. I stiffened and Taemin stirred at my side. "Oh, and what surprised me most, is that, apparently you've done it with Taemin. Twice too! I'd say, job well done Sir Minho!"
 
"Err," I gulped down the fear stuck in my throat. I could feel Taemin woke up next to me.
 
"Minho?" He looks up from me, then glance to the party before the bed. "Noona?" She flashed Taemin a smile then back to me. Nigel walked to Taemin and pass Itzel to his arms.
 
"Sir Minho," Dahae Noona called, chasing away the smiles and mustering up a frightening look. "You'll be a dead meat by the end of the day."
 
Oh god.
 
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
 
"Must you do this..?" I ask, close to plead. Dahae-Noona, with her resolve before she left me to Japan, decided to confiscate both Taemin and Itzel. They'll sleepover her condo for the night and for once I declare, I don't like her idea at all.
 
"Yes, I do." She said and I saw Taemin who was playing with Itzel near the car, giggled, definitely directed for me.
 
"Tch."
 
"Wazzat?" Dahae-Noona caught me.
 
"No! Nothing!" Heaving a sigh, she turn around as soon as Nigel finish putting in Taemin and Itzel's baggages in the boot. 
 
"Don't worry, we'll be back in the morning, frog." Taemin said before he enters the car. I groan in displeasure. Dahae-Noona looked at me, before follow after Taemin, with a genuine smile.
 
"Work hard kid." She said.
 
**********
 
I didn't resist when Dahae-Noona talked me into sleepover to give Minho the appropriate space to finish his work, which seems to me, never to be done. It keeps piling up as the time moves on. I couldn't careless, as long as I got Itzel and Dahae-Noona.
 
We spent the whole day in her house, cleaning a little here and there, cooking lunch and dinner together, playing cards and jenga, the game where we pull out blocks out of a tower but carefully as to not allow it to crash down. Mostly, we spent our time talking and talking at length until bedtime claimed us to bed, Itzel already dozing off in her wonderland between us as I pat her stomach softly, repeatedly; a soothing action.
 
"Noona." I called.
 
"Hrm?"
 
"I haven't told you bout Jjong... rite?" Noona didn't seem too infatuated with the idea, but I can see that she's curious about the whole thing that's happening. I want to share it with her, she's my beloved sister.
 
"If it hurts you, I don't want to hear it. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
 
"I loved him, it's natural to feel.. hurtful." I murmured. She smiled gently, then reached out her and to pat my head. I told her everything. About Jong being sick, about him being blind, and that Kevin is trying to cure him, about his contract with Minho which I assumed she knew already. Plus the upcoming reunion; That I want to meet Jjong and Kevin again.
 
"I can at least wave them goodbye right?" I said with a smile.
 
"You're fine with this? Are you sure?" Dahae-Noona asked.
 
"Yeah.. It's not really a... goodbye. Just that I want to see them." I explained. "I want to see him."
 
"What about Minho?" She asked, a concerned look flashed across her face.
 
"That frog? I don't know... He's.. He's weird."
 
"He's not weird."
 
"I mean he's making me feel weird."
 
"It's not weird, I say. You're just avoiding the words that you thought you'd never say. Not to him." Dahae-Noona said and I hate how my heart beats faster now. "You can love him, Taemin. Don't be scared."
 
"I.. I know." I replied and Dahae-Noona brightens.
 
"See?" She said. "You can trust Minho."
 
Realization dawns upon me.
 
"One thing I'm still not sure is how Minho will comprehend what's actually going on. He's a dumb kid, for all I know and he's never been in love before, so it's gonna take a while for him to comply to what his heart says." Dahae-Noona continued anyway.
 
That was it. Because I could trust Minho.
 
"Don't worry, I'll pound in his head the idea soon eno--- Taemin? What's wrong?" She asked, disturbed, when a drop of tears fell down from my eyes to the cream-coloured sheets. I bit my bottom lip before answering.
 
"Noona, I think I'm in love."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*********
 
Soooo a bit short, but I like this chapter! XD
 
In about 3 more chapters, this series might end, so bear with me till then. Hope you enjoyed this. Thank you and comment please! ^^
 
Love you guys~