Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

 

On Christmas Eve that year, it was beautiful. The sky was clear even till the evening and it wasn't so cold nor was it that warm. People inside their precious home could stay snuggled up in their blanket with lovers and friends on the couch, just watching out the moonlight that silently brings happiness to children and adults alike. This is one of the merry time of the year. Yet, that night was plainly peaceful and people just simply waits for the clock to struck on 12 a.m with a mug of hot cocoa in hand or the warm hand of loved ones.

At 10, I eagerly waited on the dining table, situated right across the front door. I was humming to myself, a familiar name coming out between breaths most of the time in the song. It goes on as jittery as my feeling was.

'When will you come, when will you come _____
And tell me again and once again, never failing _____
That you loved me, love me and that's the way it will always be
Caress my cheek and hug me like there's no tomorrow _____
And when I open my eyes, there's you and no one else _____
No one else than you all along _____
I'll never let go and the best part _____
Is that you had the same intention and I love you for that'

My lover could write a song. Make it official and suddenly his beautiful voice is recorded and accompanied with music that could never be perfect. The perfect thing, is his voice bringing out the lyrics and nothing more. Not the beat, not the plucked guitar, not the drumming, not the whistle in the song. Only his voice and I could live forever with it.

So, secretly, I was making my own song. With the lyrics of my own and the first person I wanted to reveal is none other than him. Those meaningful words I kept on spouting with my mind full of him. Childish, you say it. Blissful, it was.

And now I stir from my seat. When the creak of the door was audible and the sound of his footsteps making way inside, I nearly sprung there, barely containing myself. Jittery, jittery feelings.
When he revealed himself, I smiled so much and didn't realize how sore my jaw was. The sad part, was the smile he didn't return.

His face didn't show any sign of wanting to share a mug of hot cocoa with me, only tire and fatigue. He seemed cold but not the coldness that needs a blanket to warm with, this was different. And in his hand, was another hand. It took a moment to realize it wasn't mine.

"Don't let go, Kevin.." I heard him said to the person beside him.

As I look up, my smile falters. And there's nothing else than the deep pain as the pieces of my broken heart pierced the love we once treasured so much.

Why? Did he got tired? He hates me? No. He must have forgotten that he loves me, yes that must be it. I just need to tell him so he can see and remember. Yes. That's it. Please. Please be it.
I beg you.. Please remember that you love me..




A tear drop onto the soft mattress. Damn it.. Why did I have to dream about this?

"Mmmorning..?" I murmured drowsily. Even beneath the darkness of eyes shut, I could feel the sunlight beating on the bed - on my covered body.

Where am I? What happened? Itzel?

Before I open my eyes, I relish the comfort that hugs my body. The silky contact with the blanket, the dip and plush pillow beneath my head, the soft smell of citrus, baby powder topped completely by the sweet smell of coffee. And that smell is so close because of the warmth that encircles my whole body, pulling me as close as I could be with his body that my head ends up nuzzling on his neck.

Thus I open my eyes, narrowed when the brightness blinds me. Skin?

I took in a breathe, but a sharp sting on the inside of my abdomen quickly rouse the remaining sleepiness. I cough and the warmth hugging me stirs, realizing my wake. I almost whimper for his long arms again.

"You're awake?" A bass voice, yet gentle tickles my ear. "Oh god thank you." He muttered as he sits up and run a hand across his face up to his admirable bed-hair. As my hand clutches the sore part on the abdomen, I look up with eyebrows knit.

What the..?!

"Frog? Why are you.." I tried to sit up as well, but another sting forces me to lay on the bed. After staring at me for a moment, Minho pushes the blanket covering himself away and shuffles off to the bedside. There is a sound of his house slippers being put on and then he stood, dragging his lazy feet to the door while rubbing the back of his neck. He is still sleepy, I realized.

"Did we.." I said, eyes cannot get off his top. He was only wearing a long grey tracksuit and nothing else. My greedy orbs traces the chest line, down to the hard meat forming six packs and the dangerously revealed lines below his waist, above his crotch level. He glances to me, eyes slightly red from waking up. "Did we slept together?" I managed to ask, almost terrified. My mind is still asleep and it doesn't seem to wake up any minute soon.

Minho yawns. "Yeah.. You could say so." He replied as he opens the white door, leaving the room and me alone. With shock still coursing in my body, I lay stunned and stare at the empty doorway. I push up to sit again, this time gentler. 

The silky white duvet slid off my shoulder as I look around the pure whiteness off the whole room. It wasn't huge, but nor was it small. A short wardrobe to my right with frames and pictures left on top of it, its wood polished and painted white. Apart than the vanity table to my left, which nothing else but a small table lamp put on it, there is only the huge bed I'm sitting on and a tall, slim glass vase with three long stalks of artificial sunflowers to the left. They seem to be the only lively colour.

The lack of furnitures harmonized the white room, making it look very calming and spacious. One side of the room is made of clean glass of slidings instead of wall, overlooking a beautiful grassy plains. Long white curtains rattles gracefully and sweep the tiled flooring as a crack of the sliding door is left open.

Where am I?

I shift off bed carefully, eyes not letting of the sight and my bare feet soon touch the cold white floor. As I stand up, I realize that I was dressed in an oversized white shirt, properly buttoned and I am glad that it covers my bottom as I know I wasn't wearing anything other than a tight brief.

With a few steps, I reach the door and slide it open. A welcome relief of wind blows onto my face, smothering my long hair with feather-like caresses. This windy and vast beauty of nature stuns me. But I immediately took a liking and step on the balcony, feeling the wind hitting my whole body. 

I close my eyes as a great tension lifts away and the veils of headache disperse slowly. There is nothing else than the whispers of wind in my mind as I bask under the sun's warmth. The distinct tangy smell of knee-length grass rose and blend in the air, touching my nostrils. I sigh significantly, enjoying God's blessing.

Until my mind shook with the struck of remembrance. Like a lightning, Jonghyun's blank stare stabs my mind and it wasn't long before I realize it was hard to breathe.

"Don't let go, Kevin.."

"No.." I refuse to his infiltration. I refuse to think. I look up to cease the teardrops from falling. I'm too tired of weeping. Please, not anymore...

The quiet creep of door registers into my ear and I turn around almost immediately. "What are you doing up and about? Come back inside and get on the bed." Minho ordered, looking admiringly commanding with a hint of cutesy and worry. He holds a newspaper on one hand and another holding a steaming white pottery mug. Looking at his face was rest-assuring and it managed to lift my spirit a little bit.

"What happened?" I ask, feeling suddenly insecure with the lack of awareness to the current reality. Minho didn't reply, instead continuing his firey stare right onto my eyes. He wouldn't seem to go anywhere else or say anything if I do not heed to his wants. I acknowledge the weary condition of my body and the sore soles of my feet. So, pouting like a small child, I return inside and slid under the white duvet silently.

"Lay down." Minho added. I didn't want to lose my pride to his command and so I defy, sitting up to hug my knees with my arms. He's such a frog.

"Agh!" I unconsciously let a groan past my lips as I clutch on my abdomen as if it could ease the stinging pain. Am I hurt?

"I told you." He shrugs and I glare at him. But soon, my head found itself dipping into the plush pillow again, adjusted to slightly lean and slump on the headboard. Now glad, Minho made his way to the bed as well. He sits on the edge, hunching and made the lines on his stomach abs looking more visible. I avert my eyes away, suppresing the blush that in the end shows up. Minho hands the mug in front of me. I look into it curiously.

"Chamomile milk tea." He simply said as I took the mug thankfully. The warmth spread onto my hands and I know that the liquid is consumable without burning one's tongue. I smell the fragrant aroma it gives off. I feel Minho's gaze following my movement. I close my eyes, sipping the lukewarm tea and relishing its journey down my dry throat.

"Haa.." I sigh after gulping down almost half of it. The taste stick like wonders to my tongue but it was delicious and flavorful nonetheless. I wonder what it does to my body? 

The room falls into silent as I sat there, hands clasp on the mug and nervously eyeing Minho who is reading the newspaper, flipping from page to page.

"How do you feel?" Minho gently asked, not bothering to look up from where he was focusing on.

"Umm.. fine. I guess." I reply bluntly. I was actually trying to recollect last night's memory, but the blank canvas of my mind fails me. It was getting on my nerve. Minho doesn't seem to want to tell any soon and I'm starting to fear like I am a lost person in the middle of a dessert.

Did Minho saved me? Am I in another debt with him?

"I've rang a doctor to check on you. Don't leave this room till then." Well that caught my attention.

"But--"

"No buts. You will listen to me and," Now Minho looks at me, warn in his tone. "Only me." He pries the mug away from me and walk to the vanity table to leave it there.

"Like I would listen to you, frog..." I muttered to myself as I sink deeper inside the blanket, not realizing that Minho listened to it. He slowly turns around, eyes not letting go off mine and I shoot daggers back.

He dissapears as he dive under the blanket as well, earning a gasp from me when he crawled up from the edge of the bed. His head emerges out again, this time beside myself. I feel his long arm claiming my waist and so I throw a fit, trying to wiggle free. But soon, his other hand snake under me and pulls my shoulder until my back stick onto his broad chest.

**********

"Wha-what are you doing idiot?!" Taemin tried in vain to peel my hands away.

"Making sure you're not going anywhere." I replied, feeling the smug grin approaching.

"Let me go! You--" Taemin now clawed, which wasn't so effective. "Jerk! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" He resolutes to pinching now while chanting that, adorably thrashing around. I could only laugh audibly. 

"What'cha laughing at?!" He angled his head to glare into my eyes again. I laughed again, this time lower and deeper. And when I'm done, I breathe in to say something.

"Lee Taemin." The name slip past my lips for the first time, sounding both foreign and.. wonderful. It ceases the chick's movement all together and he seems so confused, eyes boring right onto mine.

"You called... my name?" I could see his hesitation and that made my grip on him tightens.

"I did. Lee Taemin." I repeated. It's embarassing, with the direct staring and all the skin contact. But, it's a good embarassing. A pleasant intimacy - for my part. Which he should enjoy it as well. 

The moment went on for.. moments.

A cough at the door split us into two, both blushing madly by now. Taemin dissapear into the duvet. I sit up, nodding my head to the butler to speak up.

"Am I disturbing you, Sir?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Nigel is a man in his 4o's, appearance clean and firm with the same styled suit everyday. He always shows up in the place I would stay in any country, promoting the villas at their best condition. A trained butler graduated from a high-level butler school, but a mischievious one, he is. I sigh, messing my hair with a hand.

"What is it?" I demand, not really playing into his game. His stern and placid expression meant amusement.

"Pardon, Sir. I did not intend to interfere your session but the guests have arrived and they are waiting in the living room." If I had a gun, one bullet would have crack open his skull now. But no, fortunate for him. Taemin didn't reveal himself out of the duvet and I could almost  feel the hot tomato beside me. I want to chuckle, but refrains and clear my throat. The best option is to ignore. And so I did ignore my stupid butler's remarks.

"Let them in." With that order, he bowed before leaving the room. In an instant, there is a sudden shuffle of the blanket, brown hair emerging out and a hard slap behind my head.

"OW! What was that?!" I scolded Taemin who stuck out his tongue at me. I leap on him, resorting to tickling him which slowly made him giggle and ends up bursting into a fit of laughter. He kicks around and that just adds to my amusement. "How's that feel huh?!"

"Stop! Stop! Haa--No! Hahahahahaa!! Ha! Hahaha! Stop it!!" I didn't realize I was grinning so much until I glance up to the mirror on the vanity table. But at the corner of the reflection, was the image of my butler standing before the bed, now returned with his eyebrow raised again. That stops me. And I clear my throat again, sitting properly now. Taemin also realize of him and followed my cue, repairing his long hair to its former glory.

"Sir, if you were so deprived, you could have told me and I can always serve tea for the guests to wait until your intimate moment with Sir Taemin finishes." He commented and I snapped. But before I(or Taemin, for the record) could retort back, he turns around. 

"Doctor Onew and Doctor Kyuhyun." He announced at the door. Soon, two white coated men appears with generous smiles and each holding a briefcase. Sighing(again..), I stand and walk to my friend, this time too, ignoring my teasing-freak butler.

"Kyuhyun. Good to see you." We shook hands, him saying that it was a pleasure seeing me again. His family had been a history of professors and they had been my family's loyal doctor. We put faith in his family since they are still with us even until the 7th generation. And Kyuhyun is the only heir now. He gestured to the man beside him.

"This is my nephew, a doctor in training. Onew, meet Minho." The man quickly bows, smiling goofily and nervously. Well he looks young.

"Good to finally know you, Sir Minho." He said, rather enthusiastically. And in a rare case, his enthusiasm affects me as well and my lips tug into a smile. Kyuhyun chuckles by himself and everyone put attention to him soon after. He looks up to Onew.

"You know that Minho is 2 years younger than you?" He said, amidst giggling. I went wide-eyed and even the man himself gasp. A small giggle from my back annoyed me though.

"Someone here looks older than his age." Taemin commented and I grit my teeth.

"Uhh should I apologize?" Onew said, eyes innocent. And Taemin's giggles grew a bit louder. I turn my head to the side, slowly in anger and shows my gritted teeth to him. He stuck out his tongue(again) and made playful eyes, tilting his head. Our distance closens bit by bit---

And Nigel's cough brought us back to the room's awkward silence. I stood straight again.

"Sir, please. It is annoyingly romantic." I found myself gritting teeth at him next. Kyuhyun could only continue giggling as Onew stood dumbfounded.

"Just... do what you're here for." I said, stepping to the side and folds my arms over my chest. They quickly get to work while Nigel left after he hears the phone ringing. Stupid butler.

I found myself chewing my bottom lip angrily.

"Would you please lie down?" Kyuhyun gently asked, looking at Taemin with a sweet smile. Taemin complied with a smile as well. Ceh.

Meanwhile, Onew opens his briefcase, revealing sets of check-up tools. He took a pair of medical gloves and put it on. 

Kyuhyun continued. "I am informed about the awful accident and I am so sorry about that. I had hoped that you didn't get hurt, but looking at your small frame, I suppose that is not quite possible. But don't worry. We're gonna see if we can treat any damage you sustained. Just relax and speak up if anything hurts okay?" Taemin nodded, appearing touched by their care and attitude. 

"Onew." At Kyuhyun's call, he hands him a pair of gloves, then proceeded to Taemin's shirt. One by another exposure to those creamy, smooth expanse until a slight peek to one of his pink dot, I unconsciously my moist lips, panting as my chest getting tighter and heartbeats erratic--- 

"STOP." I spat out, earning all three glances. They froze and I'm doomed. Oh . What was I thinking?!

It wasn't long before Taemin's surprised face turns into a mocking smile, as if saying 'Jealous again frog?'.

That's when Nigel walks in, observing the situation where all eyes are upon me. "My, did Sire done something lecherous again?" He asked as if worrying a lot, teasing as his under motive. Grr.. stupid butler.

I sigh, puffing down my cheeks. Before I could put out any remark, Nigel cut me to it(haish.. again) "Sir, if you would please spare Sir Taemin's gorgeous body for a little while, could you step out and take your call? I'm sure he could use a rest from all the heat you radiate Sir, both from your charming features and your.. junior."

And this is it again. Ignore, ignore, ignore.... "Never mind." I said to the doctors and immediately step outside the room, attempting to punch Nigel's stomach lightly. But, he caught my punch with his hand and chuckled with a deep rumble.

"Naughty, Sir." 

"Ughh..." I rolled my eyes and left the corridor leading to the living room. I took the phone on the sidetable and collapse on my back on the white couch.

"Go on. Who is it?" I said to the other line.

"Hey lovebird~ How's life with Taeminie?"

"Dahae-noona, stop it." She laughs femininely as I knit my eyebrows. When she stops, the quiet chatter shift into a recognizable voice. "Here Itzel, it's Minho-appa!"

"Appa!!" She called and I instantly broke into smiles. God, I want to hold her so much now.

"Itzel~ Appa is here." I played with her as she giggled and earned a stare from Nigel. Yeah, I know I changed but you don't need to put on those utterly shocked expression, stupid butler.

After a minute of calling each other's name, Dahae-noona took the phone back. I clear my throat and scrunched up faces to chase away all the grinning. Nigel smiles at this and I sigh."He woke up." I said softly.

Dahae-noona gasps. "Oh thank god. Is he alright? Have he eaten? Should I go there?"

"No no no everything's fine. He can walk around so I think he's okay. Just have to wait for Kyuhyun finish checking him up. Really, it's fine over here." I said as she drew a sigh of relief and kept thanking god.

"Did he..." She started. "Did he asked about Jonghyun?"

It took a moment before I could reply. I had been told about Kevin being an associate to Jonghyun and I was very surprised. Very angry and.. I am so mad at myself for not knowing better. And to think that I am the biggest factor that threw Taemin into a state of confusion.. Ending up lost in the forest and being hurt by the vicious nature.. I am so pissed, Jonghyun. I'll kill you if I find you.

"No. He didn't."

"I see.." We both went silent for a moment. Didn't exactly know what Taemin needs and guessing that time is the best healer. It might take a while to forget.. again. But he can do it. He's Taemin. Especially if he got a distraction - like me.

"Well, I'll call you later when I finish work and tell me if Taemin wants to see Itzel. I'll bring her there."
"Got it. Thanks Noona."

"Nope. Thank you." She retorted. And her gentle voice is replaced with a long beep. I smile despite the anger of Jonghyun's name being uttered. I need to keep my patience. He is not yet my problem.

**********

Doctor Kyuhyun scribbles something onto his note as his nephew button back my shirt. I refuse and said I'd do it myself, feeling shy at the treatment. I immediately cover myself with blanket soon after as I felt blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"How is he?" Minho enters the room and stands next to the bed, still not wearing any clothes. A shiver ran down my spine.

"Sir Taemin's fever has gone down considerably. Apart from one fractured rib and sprained left ankle, he has not sustained anything infectious. I'm glad." Kyuhyun smiled.

"How long will it take to recover?" I asked as I tried to sit up. Minho saw me and pushes me back rather gently yet I plops onto the mattress again. I glare to him as he smirk teasingly.

"About 3 months." Kyuhyun's nephew, Onew answered as he finished managing his briefcase.

"Got it. Thanks Kyuhyun, for your time." Minho said as he opens his arms for a hug.

"Hey it's nothing. I am one of your family's doctor." His friend replied, hugging him back. "I'll take my leave then. Don't work so hard, Sir Taemin." He said as he bowed. "Come on Onew." He gestured.

"Good day!" Onew flashed a charming smile and waved childishly to me and Minho as he left the room. What is he, seven? I chuckle at his acts.

"What?" 

"What what?" I said to Minho, feeling weird at his angry tone.

"I heard you laugh." He demanded a reason, resting one hand on his waist. On his y waist.

"Owh. Nah.. I just thought that Doctor Onew looks cu--" I paused my sentence as realisation hits me. "Aahhh you're jealous again." I smirked, amused at him.

"No I'm not!" He denied angrily.

"Yes you are~ You are mad and jealous of cute Doctor Onew~"

"Lee Taemin, shut up or I'll kiss you." Minho taunted through gritted teeth. I shook my head as I let out annoying blabber and stuck my tongue at him.

"Why you..." Minho muttered and he pulls the duvet away from me, who tried in vain to keep it from being snatched. "Come here you!" He said angrily as he pulls the duvet along with me.

"No! Stay away! And leave my duvet alone!" I said, now standing up to pull the white material to my teritory; the bed.

"It's not yours!" Minho pulled it to him.

"Shut up!" I pull again.

"I told you to shut up first!" And he pulled back.

"I can't understand frog's language~ Bleee~" I said annoyingly and stuck out my tongue again. Then, all of a sudden, he used both hands to pull the duvet, and I squeak as the material easily return into his grasp. I am no match with his power.

Unfortunately, when he pulled the thing, he reels me to him as well and soon, I came crashing down on his chest screaming, muted as our lips accidently connected.

**********

I felt the soft press of his lips onto mine and that contact drowned every pain from the fall. Oh my god. Am I dreaming?

It took me a moment to realize the shoes stopping its tracks next to me.

"Oh my." Nigel said as though shocked, before pulling out his phone and snapped a picture.





**********

I miss 2min in action so much!! *stomp feet* X(

And Minho got a new rival, EXO's Kai. He's Taeminie's friend wasn't it? Kekeke... Can't wait how things will turn out. Whatever it is, I will always love 2min. I have unconditional love for Taeminho. :D

anyway, enjoy and comment~ love you! ^^
 
p.s yay! they finally kissed!