Chapter twenty

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There is no such thing as a perfect human in this world because our flaws it what make us "human". 

 

Joona had always followed that belief since the Hwang twins appeared in her life. 

Believing that their lie of perfection was to cover something up. 

 

 

"Good job." 

 

Words of praise for those who had done well. 

 

Had Joona done a good job? 

 

Regaining her normal breathing and relaxing her muscles. 

 

What is that compared to saving another persons life. 

 

Yes Hwang Myungsoo, 

 

Aren't those words meant to be directed towards you...? 

 

 

Because you have tricked the whole world. 

 

 

Joona was speechless. Utterly speechless.

But at the same time she was happy, proud and felt smarter than anyone in the whole world. Right at that moment when Myungsoo pointed his gun at her.

 

"Got you." 

 

That was her first thought. 

Ludicrous? Silly? Purely idiotic? How could someone in that situation think that way? 

 

Joona's answer to that was - How can you not? 

 

She was right. 

 

The evidence was right in front of her that her suspicions of the Hwang twins was right. All the things they told her were lies- 

No. Everything they've told everyone in this entire world could have been lies. The words they spoke could never in her ears be heard as the truth. 

 

The Hwang twins had tricked the world. 

 

The only thing remaining thing was what kind of secret they were hiding. 

 

Joona could not recognize the eyes that were looking at her. Did they really belong to the ever-so-kind, caring, smart and handsome Hwang Myungsoo, son of Korea's prime minister? 

The coldness they emitted was the total opposite of the warm smile he had in school. A facade he had created, but for what reason? 

 

"...So I was right." Joona spoke. Her voice almost cracked and although she looked tough, inside she was shaking. Those eyes, as cold as a blizzard storm and as dark as the universe without stars. They sent shivers down her spine. 

The one who had been reported many times on the news as the mysterious man who has been creeping around mysterious cases, dressed in all black, it was Myungsoo. 

 

Had he been the one behind everything? 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter