Chapter seventeen

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've never seen you mad or angry. I've never seen you get irritated over things or even at the students who follow you around every day. You're always walking around with a smile on your faces, it's like there's no other feelings existing within you." 

Joona looked at the two with what almost seemed like pain in her eyes, "Even the most cheerful people get sad or mad at times, no one on this planet can smile at everything. Everyone will some day reach their limit." She clenched her fists. 

 

"..Who... who is forcing you to uphold this facade?" 

 

As expected the smiles of the two did not falter. 

"No matter how much you talk with them, no matter how well you know them. There's always that wall surrounding them, keeping everyone else out but themselves. You're just lying to yourself if you think you're "close" with them because you're not." Joona hadn't spoken with them much but she could definitely feel that there was a wall between them and herself and everyone else. One can't get close to them because they would never let you, it's just a facade to make one believe they're good friends with them. 

"Joona sshi we've already told you many times. I don't understand what you are talking about, and is it wrong to always want to have an open mind? When we were younger we went to a monastery and realized that getting angry or irritated or even sad only drains your energy in a negative way." Tiffany said with a smile that did not falter even the slightest. 

There was no mocking tone in her voice, nothing to indicate she was making fun of Joona because of her weird questions. 

Joona didn't back down. Even if her will faltered slightly she wouldn't give up. 

She hated it, but her mind wouldn't leave her some peace if she didn't figure out what the two were hiding. 

 

"You're lying." 

 

They were too good to be real. Too much of everything to be real. There were a lot of things that Joona had on her mind, a lot of which she didn't speak out loudly. It felt like she couldn't say it, how ironic because this is all she has been thinking about and yet she couldn't speak out her thoughts. 

"Joona sshi, does it bother you that much? We enjoy doing everything you deem us "perfect" at because we've practiced hard, and it's been fun. I'm sorry that you feel this way but in the States where we were raised, there were a lot of students like us. We just enjoy multitasking and ended up being good at it." Tiffany chuckled as to lighten the mood which Joona made tense. "We're grateful we got to learn and become good at a lot of things, and we're paying everything back by doing our best as Korean citizens." 

"We hope that cleared your mind." Myungsoo gave an apologetic smile. 

"Let's go Tiff. I apologize for leaving like this but we've got something important to attend." He turned around and began to walk. 

"Take care Joona sshi, see you tomorrow!" Tiffany beamed before following her brother. 

Joona was about to say something when she got interuped by a lot of screams. 

"Tiffany, Myungsoo where are you going wait for me!!" 

"I'm coming too!" 

"Me too!" 

Her classmates were rushing past her while Joona got elbowed two or three times by some of them. 

It wasn't hard but she lost her balance and stumbled backwards. 

She closed her eyes when she felt herself losing grip of the floor.  

Joona bumped into something soft, or someone. 

The person caught her arm and held it firmly to stop her from falling down. 

Then, another hand was pushing her back upwards and before she knew it, 

Joona was standing up again. 

"Watch your steps." A voice said before the said person walked past her. 

Joona looked at the back that was getting further away from her. 

"Kim Jungkook..." She thought. She had never spoken to him but to think he was that agile. Catching her easily and then without much effort helping her up. 

"Thank you!" Joona excla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter