Chapter fifteen

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day when she arrived home she got met by a big surprise - her dad was home. 

From time to time he came home from work very late but most of the time he shared an apartment with his workmates since his work was far from their house. 

Sungyeol was still in daycare. 

"Oh appa!" She exclaimed as she saw him sit in their living room watching tv. 

He looked very tired and much older than he actually was. It made Joona feel bad, thank god she could comfort herself with the fact that she got a part time job to help the family ease it's economy burden. 

"Joona!" Her dad smiled and waved for her to sit down next to him. 

He had a gentle face and were almost always smiling. 

"How come you're home today?" She asked as she sat down next to him. 

"Oh they let us off earlier today so I thought I would visit my children. Unfortunately I won't be able to see Sungyeol as I have to go soon." 

She looked at her dad. He had really grown older since the last time she saw him. 

"You get more and more beautiful every time I see you my child. Very alike your mother." He gazed at her with fatherly eyes. 

"Dad.. I've found a part time job." She said with a smile. It felt wonderful to be able to help her family. 

His smile disappeared and he sighed, "Dear child I'm so sorry for putting you in a situation where you had to find a part time job. I've really failed as a parent..." 

"No it's not like that I just felt like doing it. I really want to do my best to help so don't worry I think it will be fun!" She smiled to assure him she was fine which she most definitely was. 

They had their day off from school today and Joona was about to start her job in an hour. 

Her dad patted her on her head, "Thank you Joona. You're the best daughter a father could ever ask for. I'm sorry but also thankful to you and Sungyeol. You've really done an amazing job in raising Sungyeol." He smiled, proud. 

Others her age could view it as a burden to have to work to keep the economy together but Joona didn't mind. 

 

 

 

"There is a note on the door which explains what you're supposed to clean in each apartment. There is a cleaning trolley on the first floor and you can bring it everywhere with you by taking the elevator. After you're done you write down on a list on the first floor how far you've come and the next person after you will pick up where you left. Understood?" Mr Im, her boss explained as they stood on the first floor of a high luxury building. 

Joona nodded. It was a lot to remember but not too difficult. There were worse things at school. 

"Do your best." He said before walking out. 

Joona bowed before dragging out the cleaning trolley and going to her first apartment. 

 

 

All the toilets. 

Kitchen. 

Living room. 

 

 

Joona pulled out a card from her pockets of her "cleaning clothes" - a t-shirt and a pair of pants with lots of pockets. She knocked before opening it with the card. 

She thought she would have gotten used to see others luxury but it seemed like it wasn't the case. The apartment was huge and modern. 

"Guess I'll start then." 

 

 

 

"Noona noona!" Sungyeol yelled from the living room as she arrived home. That kid was sitting in front of the tv too much but who could blame him when he was home alone like that. 

"What is it?" Joona asked as she peeked her head into the living room. 

"I've missed you!" He beamed at her. 

She softened, "Was Minri taking care of you properly?" 

He nodded, "She was really nice to me!" 

Just as she had expected. She headed to the kitchen with a satisfying smile. 

 

 

 

"Ao Makino the owner of a famous food chain in Japan is dead since yesterday and the cause of death is rumored to be suicide. "FastestFood" has been growing fast and they have built six new shops only this year. Friends and family members cannot think of a reason to why he committed suicide. Ao Makino became 54 years."

"It's kinda scary to hear a person suicide on the day I was in the country and enjoying it." Joona thought as she watched the tv. By "enjoying it" she meant the food and her shopping round. Not exactly the rest. 

Joona also wondered who Myungsoo attended a meeting with, it couldn't be him could it? That would be too scary and not really likely.

"Lastly we would like to once again warn everyone of the person dressed in all black who is suspected of the murder of a middle aged man." 

"Haven't they caught him yet?" She frowned. "Sungyeol-ah, please me careful on your way home ok?" 

As she didn't get any answer she turned to look at him who sat nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter