Chapter ten

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You don't really have to prepare anything, the school is paying for the trip and you can all go home and get your things and then head to the airport." Tiffany ended and got once again met by loud cheers. 

Joona thought that just Tiffany's cough could earn her standing ovations. 

Joona didn't really feel like going. Who was supposed to cook for Sungyeol then? And do the chores? 

"Well then, I'll leave you to go home and I'll see you all later then!" Tiffany smiled brightly. 

Everyone got up from their seats and chatted loudly about what they would do and what they would bring. 

Joona silently snuck out of the classroom to catch up to Tiffany who walked through the corridor. 

"Tiffany shi!" She called out and Tiffany turned around with a smile. 

Joona thought about how tiring it must be to always smile.

She approached Tiffany and as always when looking at her she could feel her lips twitch into a small smile. It was small and was barely visible though. 

"Is it.. is it necessary to go?" She asked and thought about leaving her brother alone at home. That was a big no. She would worry to death but there was nowhere she could leave him. 

Tiffany frowned and her smile became soft instead of that bright smile of hers, "Is there a reason you can't go?" 

She looked caring and worried, like she really wanted Joona to go. 

"Yes, kind of... I have to babysit my brother. I have to cook him dinner since he's too young to do it himself." 

Tiffany looked concerned, "Can't your mother do it? It's just a few days, it would be more enjoyable if you came. I think your class think the same." 

Oh boy didn't she know how wrong she was. 

The class would be perfectly fine without her. They would be so happy to hear that she couldn't make it. 

"No I..." She bit her lower lip. She really didn't feel like talking about her family but.. 

".. I don't have a mother and my father is working until very late which means I'm his last ray of hope, kind of." She shrugged and forced a smile. 

A student at Hanyang high school is struggling with having to feed her little brother, it really doesn't happen and shouldn't happen at such an elite school. But it does. 

She could already hear the words from the other students, "How shameful." 

Joona looked at Tiffany to see her reaction. It would probably be sympathetic and she didn't need that. She hated when people felt sorry for her. 

To her surprise Tiffany looked absentminded. Somehow she didn't look as cheerful as she used to. 

Then she snapped out of it and her smile returned again, "Oh I see.. I'm sorry but you have to take part in this trip, you know it's one of the schools rules." 

"Tiffany unnie!" 

It was Joona's classmate, she peeked out her head from the classroom. "Could you please come here and give us advices on what to bring?" She smiled and seemed excited. 

Tiffany opened to say something to Joona but ended up closing it again. She gave her an apologetic smile before she walked past Joona to the classroom. 

Joona let out a sigh. 

She knew something like this would happen sooner or later but she had never spared time to think about it. How frustrating. 

 

"Problems?" 

 

Joona looked up. 

Myungsoo was approaching looking very relaxed with his hands in his pockets and with that well known gentle smile on his face. He was probably looking for Tiffany. 

"One more just arrived." She frowned and made him loose his smile. 

But his smile returned quickly. 

"Heard of the news that we're going to Japan?" 

"Yup and I just told Tiffany that I ain't going." Chit chatting with Hwang Myungsoo, how in the world did she end up doing that? She just spoke with Tiffany too, those two were just way too caring. She didn't need that. 

He frowned, "How come?" 

She really didn't feel like repeating everything again, besides. They're twins, they could talk about this at home. 

"As you probably already know I'm that poor student who attend this school by scholarship which means that I have more important things to do at home." 

He chuckled slightly, "What's so important that you won't come even if the school is paying for it? It's free remember?" 

Well some people just can't understand. Because they don't have a little brother to feed or a house to clean. 

Joona became annoyed, "Like he even cares." 

"For your information I have a father who works until very late and a younger brother I have to take care of." 

She looked at him to see what reaction he would pull out next. 

There it was again, the same as Tiffany. He looked absent, like he was in deep thoughts. When they had this expression the resemblance between the two was striking even more than usual. 

Really.. what were these two thinking about that made them space out in the middle of a conversation? 

"OMOO MYUNGSOO OPPA!" 

Myungsoo's smile quickly returned and brightened up his face.  

Girls pushed aside and elbowed Joona out of the way for them to come close to Myungsoo. Some of them pushed her really hard. 

One of the bad sides of talking to one of the Hwang twins, especially one of the opposite gender alone. 

Joona got push

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter