catch

A Lady’s First | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 ♡ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 catch

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As the cafeteria began to fill up with starving students, the noise in the room increased by a great amount in no time. People were either lining up, waiting to eat whatever the school was about to dish out at them while others, who were more skeptical about the ingredients used in the food provided to them, took out their own lunches.

“So what did you get for lunch today, Mark?” Bambam questioned as he eyed the decorated package resting on the table. It was from one of Mark’s admirers.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged indifferently. “Knock yourself out. I’m not hungry.” He slid the container over to the younger boy whose eyes instantly sparkled.

“And who said there weren’t any perks to being a huge heartthrob,” Youngjae muttered as he tried to sneak a peek into the box.

“Hey, did you guys hear?” Yugyeom rushed over to their table and pushed Bambam over so that there would be space for him to squeeze in.

“Hear what?” Jinyoung asked, tearing his eyes away from his phone.

“Eunmi sunbae got rejected,” the boy reported breathlessly.

“What are you talking about?” Jaebum squinted his eyes and glanced at Mark. “Did Eunmi confess to you again or something?”

Mark’s brows furrowed in return. “I don’t think so. The last time she confessed to me was last month. Since then she hasn’t said a word to me.”

“So she’s finally moved on,” Jackson stated.

“No, no. You guys don’t get it.” Yugyeom feverishly shook his head. “Eunmi sunbae didn’t get turned down by any guy. She got rejected by a girl!”

“What?” the six males exclaimed in shock.

“Dude, did you reject Eunmi that badly that she’s playing for the same team as us now?” Jackson gawked, slapping his best friend’s shoulder.

Mark guffawed. “What? How is that my fault?”

“She’s not a lesbian! Just listen to me first!” Yugyeom ordered, getting slightly peeved with all the interruptions. “Eunmi sunbae asked—okay, more like demanded—the new transfer student from Taiwan, who arrived last week, to be friends with her but the girl turned her down!”

“No way,” Youngjae gasped. “Eunmi sunbae is like the princess of our school! Doesn’t that girl have a brain? She doesn’t just ask anyone to be friends with her!”

“Eunmi sunbae even gave the girl an ultimatum. Some students in my class said the girl agreed to be friends with sunbae as long as sunbae would accept her friends as well,” Yugyeom detailed.

“And?” Jinyoung pushed.

“Apparently she’s friends with the rejects in class 3E. You know, those four girls who stick to each other like glue?” Yugyeom commented. “So of course Eunmi sunbae said no. The girl either stayed with her posse of outcasts or joined her—”

“And from what you mentioned earlier, it’s clear that the girl didn’t choose Eunmi,” Mark finished. It wasn’t that hard to figure out.

“Exactly! Isn’t that crazy?” the youngest questioned. “Eunmi sunbae is definitely going to destroy her social life here.”

To this Mark shrugged. “At least she’ll have friends she actually likes.”

“Why did Eunmi want to be friends with her anyways? Is she some CEO’s daughter or something?” Jaebum wondered with his lips pursed out.

“I have no idea,” Yugyeom answered. Then he blew a raspberry. “Pft, I bet you she isn’t even that pretty. No one can compare to Eunmi sunbae. She’s a goddess.” He sighed dreamily, placing a hand under his chin.

“Okay, if we’re just going to talk about girls again I’m leaving,” Mark said as he stood up from his seat.

“Oh come on. Don’t be a buzz-kill. When was the last time we were all here for lunch?” Jaebum tugged on his arm, trying to pull him back down but his attempts led nowhere.

“Why are you being so overdramatic?” Mark rolled his eyes and removed his hand. “We have lunch together all the time. I’m going out for some fresh air. See you guys back in class.”

Once he exited the confines of the school, Mark inhaled deeply. It was a nice sunny day and luckily for him, not too many students fancied coming outside because they were afraid of catching a tan. Yes, it might sound absurd but it was true. Making his way to the back of the school, Mark took a seat at the lonely bench planted just beneath a tree, which provided much shade during the days where the heat was too much to bear.

No one went back there. Not even his fangirls. It was quiet and secluded. It was his very own safe haven. A place where no one could bother him. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter