moving

A Lady’s First | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ♡ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 moving

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Maiyu, please tell me again. Just one last time and I promise I’ll stop asking you for as long as we live,” Jia begged desperately as she pouted at the younger girl.

Maiyu couldn’t help but laugh and roll her eyes at how ridiculous her older sister was being. Sometimes, she even questioned why she wasn’t born first. “Yes, Jia jie jie, for the umpteenth time already. We’re really moving to Seoul, Korea.” Next, Jia jumped up from her seat and enveloped her younger sister into a tight bear hug. Although she didn’t look muscular or strong, you shouldn’t let her appearance fool you. Jia actually had the strength of four bulls combined, believe it or not.

“Can’t… breathe… cutting… off… air… circulation… jie jie.” Maiyu struggled to rasp out as she tried detaching herself from Jia.

“Whoops, sorry.” The older girl laughed, breaking the embrace. “I’m just really excited. Seoul is one of my favorite cities. It’s so nice, especially at night with all of the lights on and everything. You remember how breathtaking it was, don’t you?” Jia gushed as she sighed dreamily, recalling the fond memories alone.

“Actually, I don’t. Don’t you remember I got food poisoning and had to stay at the hotel the whole time?” Maiyu reminded.

“Food poisoning?” Jia blinked as she cocked her head to the side. Then the incident revealed itself to her. “Oh right, I remember now but I think you’re confused. You had diarrhea from eating spicy food during our fourth day there, not food poisoning. It’s not the same thing, mei,” she curtly corrected with the most innocent face ever.

Maiyu’s cheeks flushed a deep red as she frowned at her sister. “Well, I told all of my friends it was food poisoning so it was food poisoning, okay jie? Gosh, how could you even say that word? It’s so gross and not to mention totally unladylike.”

“What word? You mean diarrhea?” Jia asked. “That’s what the doctor diagnosed it as. And what do you mean it’s totally unladylike? It’s just a word… how could a word be unladylike?”

Sometimes her sister’s cluelessness seriously made Maiyu consider the thought of smashing her head against a wall. Running a palm over her face, Maiyu inhaled and then exhaled. “Never mind, jiejie. Forget I said anything.”

“If you say so.” Jia shrugged. “Anyways, where’s gege? He’s not home yet.”

“What are you talking about, jie? Ge is in his room video-chatting with his girlfriend,” Maiyu informed.

“Oh! So he’s talking to jiejie? I want to go say hi! Wait, do you think he already told her that we were moving to Korea? He must’ve! There’s no way he would leave out something as important as that out of the conversation! I bet she was so excited when she found out!” Jia exclaimed happily, bouncing up and down on her heels. Then, without another word, she spun around and darted up the steps.

Maiyu laughed quietly, shook her head and walked over to the bottom of the staircase. She heard a door opening which was then followed by some yelling. “Sorry ge. I couldn’t stop her!” she hollered, even though she didn’t even try to in the first place.

“Meimei, what are you doing? Get out of here,” the boy ordered as he got up from his seat and towered over his sister.

“But I want to say hi to Yoomi, Ren ge.” Jia whined as she tried to maneuver around the tall giant she called her brother.

“Oppa, is that Jia? Just let her in. I miss her.” His girlfriend giggled.

Ren could do nothing but groan and comply. Begrudgingly, he moved out of his sister’s way and gave her access to his desk. “Thanks ge. You’re the best.” Jia grinned as she pecked his cheek. Then she skipped over to where his laptop was stationed and plopped down into his armchair. “Annyonghaeseyo unnie. Doesn’t my Korean sound much better than before?”

“Hi Jia and yes, yes it does,” Yoomi complimented.

“See ge, my Korean did improve.” Jia cheered.

“Well my Korean is obviously way much better than yours,” the male grumbled with his arms folded against his chest.

“You’re such a baby sometimes,” Yoomi chided while she shook her head.

“Am not,” Ren argued. “It’s the truth. I’ve been studying Korean since I was in the third grade but Jia just started learning during her second year in high school.”

“Okay oppa, whatever you say.” Jia snorted before she redirected her attention toward the girl on the laptop. “Anyways, did Ren ge already tell you? You must have been so excited when you heard!”

Yoomi blinked and pursed her lips out in confusion. “Tell me what? Did I miss something?”

Jia gaped at the screen in disbelief. “Wait, did he not tell you?”

“Tell me what?” Yoomi inquired.

Just as Jia was about to spill the beans to her, a hand suddenly cupped . “Nothing, dear! Jia got herself a boyfriend and wanted me to tell you but I forgot,” he fibbed nervously.

Jia’s eyes rounded at her brother’s statement as she quickly tugged his hand away. “What? Are you crazy, ge? When did I get a boyfriend?”

“Shut up mei. You’re going to ruin everything,” he whispered. “If you play along, I’ll drive you wherever you want when we get to Korea,” he bribed, glancing up to check on his girlfriend.

“Anywhere?” Jia repeated. Ren nodded and she grinned. “Okay, deal.” Next, she turned to Yoomi and giggled. “Yeah, what gege said. I got myself a boy… friend.”

“You did?” Yoomi gasped. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner? Who is he? What’s he like? Knowing you, he must be really fun and energetic.”

“Actually—”

“I think mama’s calling you, Jia. You should go down and see what she wants.” Ren announced, cutting his sister off as he guided her to the door.

“But mama went—” The door was slammed right in her face before she could utter another word, causing the corner of her lips to etch downward. “Well then. I will definitely make you drive me all the way to Busan just for that, Ren ge.”

“Kids, we’re back!” Mrs Ming called out from the kitchen.

“Ma!” Jia shrieked back as she skidded down the stairs and into the kitchen. When she spotted the older woman, she trapped her in a back-hug.

“Yes Jia?” Her mother chortled.

“Did you buy it?” she questioned, getting antsy.

“Of course I did. I knew you would never forgive me if I didn’t. It’s on the table,” Mrs Ming stated.

Jia immediately swiveled her head toward the table and when she saw a who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter