prologue

A Lady’s First | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ♡ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 prologue

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As the sky began to produce copious amounts of rain due to all of the water vapor condensing in the air, the people around the area fled to find some kind of shelter that they could possibly take refuge under. They didn’t want to get drenched with water, who did? There was no good that came out of it. You either ended up with soaked clothes, a high fever or even worse: both which only incapacitated you.

With each passing second, the rain became stronger and stronger. It was now pounding against the ground, creating pools of water. The streets were nearly barren and deserted with the exception of a few people who were still in search for a place to protect themselves from the abundant amount of oxygen and hydrogen compound.

“Come on, Mark!” Jaebum hollered as he raced through the streets with the droplets of rain incessantly paddling down against his body.

Behind him, his friend, Mark, was running with a hand hanging above his head. He could feel his clothes becoming heavier thanks to the water entrapped in the fabrics of his attire and kept on moving. God did he hate the rain. It was really annoying, bothersome and seemed to cause nothing but an inconvenience for people.

“Stupid weather," he grumbled bitterly as he tried to keep up with his friend. However, a car soon whizzed by and splashed the puddles of water laying on the side of the road in his direction. Luckily enough the boy had fast reflexes and was able to turn away before his lips had the misfortune of tasting the dirty solution. “Stupid drivers.” He peered back and watched the vehicle disappear down the road before he continued running. Then, up ahead he spotted a gazebo and, to his luck, there was no one there yet. By this point in time, he had lost sight of Jaebum. He didn’t know where the boy went but figured he would give him a call when he was securely shielded from the attack of the rain.

Once he arrived under the roof of the structure, Mark ruffled his hair and shivered. Next, he retreived his phone from his dampened pocket and dialed Jaebum’s number. The line rang for a couple of seconds before the call was finally answered. “Hey, where are you?” Jaebum panted on the other end.

“Under a gazebo. Sorry, I kind of lost you,” Mark apologized while he allowed his eyes to scan his current environment.

“Really? You just kind of lost me?” Jaebum sighed, placing much emphasis on the words kind of before speaking up again, “Gee, if you didn’t tell me, I would have never noticed you were gone.” He snorted out sarcastically.

“Yeah, I know you wouldn’t have. So you’re welcome. I thought I’d let you know just in case you thought I melted and died or something," he countered being just as (if not more) sarcastic.

“Well I’m glad you didn’t melt or something. I guess I’ll see you later then,” Jaebum replied.

“If this rain ever decides to stop,” Mark pointed out.

After he had hung up, he checked the time on his phone and realized it was already four o’clock in the evening. He then opened his browser and looked up the time the rain was supposed to subside. When he saw that it was going to go until seven o’clock, he groaned and raked his fingers through his wet, black hair. “What am I supposed to do?” He was now contemplating on his choices. Believe it or not, he actually had a couple. He could either run home (even though it was rather far), hail a taxi, try to catch a bus or call his mom. But as he thought about his options again, he omitted the last one.

If he called his mother, she would just send the driver to fetch him and Mark never really fancied the chauffeurs who worked for his father. He felt like they were untrustworthy and fake. Almost like a bunch of people at his new school were.

Still in the middle of making his choice, Mark suddenly heard a loud yelp which snapped him out of his train of thoughts almost immediately. From the tone, he could tell it belonged to female. And as he looked around, he saw an old woman twenty or so yards away from where he was stationed. She was kneeling on the sidewalk composed of concrete and around her bags of groceries were scattered about.

He was prepared to sprint over and assist the elder when another figure appeared, rendering him useless.

It was a girl.

She looked like she was around his age and Mark swore he felt his heart skipping a beat as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter