Class 6

The Beau and The Belle [EDITTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The hallway at the senior building was so noisy and not as peaceful as the junior building. People might think that this building would be the most silent building as the students would focus more on their studies than talking about something that was not useful. However, it was not as what everyone ever thought. The seniors were noisier than the juniors especially when the school time was over. Among the noisy students in the hallway, MinJi was there in front of her locker. She kept her books inside her purple coloured locker and was ready to go home. She was alone, of course because people was scared to be friends with her. They described her as a scary girl and she did not mind at all. She thought it was the best because she was the person who did not like to socialise with people. She preferred to be alone and mind her own stuff. Somehow, MinJi gained a new friend and that was EunChae. They were in the same class and EunChae sat beside her. From MinJi’s point of view, EunChae was almost like her. She was cold and ignorant but when she talks, she was a fun person.

            “MinJi nuna!” MinJi’s thought flew away when she heard that voice calling her. She turned around to see who was calling her and of course other students in the hallway looked at the one who called her. They never ever heard a little boy call MinJi with the tittle ‘nuna’. MinJi pursed her lips when she saw him approaching her.

            “Hey… ChangHyun.” MinJi smiled at him and he also smiled brightly at her. She met him in the morning today when he gave her the sandwich and the milk and she wondered what the reason he came to meet her was. MinJi admitted it was awkward to be with ChangHyun. She was usually the silent type and speak with her act but when she met this innocent boy in front of her, she had to talk to him and smiled often. Even other people who saw her smiling would be terrified. Something must had possessed her, they thought.

            “Have you eaten, nuna?” ChangHyun asked. He did not know why he really wanted to enter the senior building just to meet MinJi. It was a bit far from the junior building because it was separated by the library and the basketball court. He assumed maybe he was excited that he had her as his saviour. How childish, how innocent.

            “Yeah. I ate your sandwich just now. I’m ready to go home.” MinJi informed. ChangHyun nodded and suddenly remembered something.

            “Nuna, a basketball competition will be held and it’s open for the second year student. I am going to participate the competition for my class. Would you come and watch the competition?” ChangHyun shyly asked. MinJi was taken aback by his invitation. She sensed that ChangHyun had grew attached to her.

            “When is that?” She asked. Watching a basketball competition would not hurt, right? 

            “Next week. Thursday. 11.30 a.m.” ChangHyun said. He was a bit excited about it. In his mind, he was imagining his saviour was cheering for him and of course, that time he woulb be playing well. A happy smile appeared on his face.

            “Well, I’ll try to make it. Are you going home too?” MinJi asked as she closed her locker and locked it. ChangHyun smiled and nodded. MinJi chuckled. As awkward as she was with him, she could not resist his cute and charming smile.

            “You’re so cute.” She praised him, did not aware that other seniors were looking at both of them who were now walking towards the exit. They started to gossip and MinJi’s ears jerked up with every comment they made.

            “Are they dating each other?”

            “The scary MinJi said he is cute?”

            “I think I heard that boy asked her to go for a date.” MinJi looked around and leered at them. Of course ChangHyun did not notice that others were looking at them and did not hear that others were talking about them. He was so concentrating on his favourite nuna, MinJi. When he saw MinJi was looking around, he felt weird.

            “Is there anything wrong, nuna?” ChangHyun asked in concern. MinJi’s head made a drift to look at him when she heard the question. MinJi faked a smile.

            “Well… nothing.” ChangHyun chuckled because he found what she did just now was amusing.

            “You’re funny, nuna.” MinJi cringed a bit. Weird boy, yes he was. MinJi started to assume that ChangHyun was the boy that had a rainbow and unicorn in his head. He was adorable, innocent and childish.

            “ChangHyun, don’t you have any other friends?” MinJi asked. She was curious whether he had any friends in the school because it seemed like ChangHyun could not pester her in the school after she saved him.

            “Friend? I do have a few.”

            “Then why do you like to talk to me?” MinJi asked, bluntly. She could see ChangHyun’s face fell.

            “Why? You don’t like it?” MinJi then started to feel guilty. Maybe my question is a bit harsh. She cleared and faked laugh.

            “N-no. I mean… I never saw you with other people.” ChangHyun somehow softened when he heard that.

            “My best friend is in the senior year. Our time table always clashed with each other so we can't meet often.” He explained. He suddenly remembered his favourite hyung and pouted a bit when he realised that he had not meet him for almost a week.

            “He is a senior? What is his name?” MinJi was interested to know about his friend that was the same age as her.

            “RockHyun hyung.”

            “Ouh… he’s one of the top student in the account class. You’re an account student too?” ChangHyun nodded and MinJi frowned. If ChangHyun’s friend was a senior, why did he never help ChangHyun from the bully?

            “Did he know that you got bullied by those four? Why did he never help you?”

            “He knows about it but he can’t help me too.”

            “What do you mean by that?”

            “He is bullied too.” MinJi’s eyes widened.

            “He is bullied too?!” She shrieked. Bullying was a serious matter in this school right now and the most shocking was RockHyun the top student was bullied!

            “Yeah. He is bullied by Daniel hyung’s friends.”

            “Daniel? That Ahn Daniel?” MinJi asked. She was sure there was one student with the name Daniel in that school and it was the top student of  the account class, Ahn Daniel. MinJi knew him of course. Aside of he was popular because of his academic performance, his not so friendly attitude also was one of the reason MinJi knew him. People kept gossiping about his attitude. The school was full with cold people, huh?

            “Daniel hyung never bully him. It’s his best friends. They just want to flatter him. They make it as if RockHyun hyung would beat him as the top student of the class.” ChangHyun explained. MinJi narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips.

            “Hmm, looks like I have to save him after this.” MinJi said. She was determined. This matter had to be stopped as soon as possible. ChangHyun’s eyes sparkled when he heard her.

            “Really? Nuna, you’re going to help him?” MinJi looked at him and beamed a smile. She nodded her head.

            “Nuna, you’re an art student, right?”

            “Yeah. Why did you ask?”

            “You’re amazing, nuna. You’re great at fighting other people and I never expected that these beautiful hands that beat other people have a great talent in art.” ChangHyun praised her with his honest thought. He was too amazed by her that he did not notice that MinJi was taken aback with what he said. MinJi just faked a smile while fighting the urge to ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter