Class 4

The Beau and The Belle [EDITTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           That day was another day at Svoura Academy. As usual, the hallway was full of students who were ready to go to their classes. Some were talking with their friends and some were taking their books for their first class of the day from the locker. MinJi who had her locker at another building walked pass the hallway to go to her class. Without she even noticed, ChangHyun was there at the hallway and the boy looked at her figure in disbelief when he finally saw his life saviour that day. ChangHyun locked his locker immediately after he took something from it and approached MinJi who already reached her class.

            “MinJi nuna!” He called her. MinJi jumped a bit as she was surprised by the call. She turned around and saw ChangHyun’s bright face.

            “Ehh? You’re ChangHyun, right?” MinJi said and ChangHyun nodded eagerly. He smiled widely at her. They were now standing in front of MinJi’s class.

            “Annyeong, nuna!” MinJi’s eyes widened when she heard him called her ‘nuna’.

            “You call me nuna?” ChangHyun nodded and smiled sheepishly.

            “I got to know that you’re in your senior year. So I call you nuna.”

            “And how about you?” MinJi was hoping that this boy in front of her would never said he was a junior. MinJi felt that she was old when she met the juniors. Plus, she was not close with any of the juniors. Her life was surrounded with friends who were same age as her.

            “I’m in my second year.”

            “Ouh…” MinJi nodded and sighed a relief inside. Luckily ChangHyun was one year younger than her.

            “This is for nuna.” ChangHyun said and handed her a sandwich and also a carton of milk. MinJi raised her eyebrow and looked at ChangHyun’s hand before she looked at his face.

            “For me?” She asked and she started to feel uneasy with it. She could hear her classmates were gossiping about her and ChangHyun.

            “Look, look. MinJi has an admirer.”

            “That boy is a junior, right?”

            “Whoa. There is also boy who likes that scary MinJi?”

            “You think she will accept the sandwich and the milk or not?” MinJi bit her lips hard before she looked at her classmates. They were startled and immediately do their own work. MinJi was known as the scary girl in her class because she was a bit boyish and she also was a great fighter. She did not socialise with people a lot and that was the reason her classmates were interested when they saw ChangHyun approached and talked to her.

            “What is this for?” MinJi asked, referring to the sandwich and the milk.

            “It’s a thank you gift. You saved me that day.” ChangHyun answered with a smile. MinJi did not have any heart to reject what he gave when she saw his innocent and cute smile. She took the sandwich and the milk from his hand awkwardly.

            “Thank you.”

            “Nuna, are you okay if I send you sandwich and milk every day?” ChangHyun showed his innocent face again.

            “Huh? Every day?” MinJi was shocked by his question and she started to hear her classmates again.

            “I told you. That boy likes her.”

            “Daebak! What is the reason for the boy to like her?’ MinJi sighed with what she heard.

            “There’s no need to do that, ChangHyun.”

            “But why? I just want to repay you. Since that day, the boys  don't pick on me ever again.” MinJi could see that ChangHyun’s face was a bit upset by her answer and MinJi was uneasy about it.

            “I… I helped you because I want to. Plus, many of my friends are bullied by them.”

            “But nuna…” MinJi felt like want to stomp on her feet that time. She could sense some sadness in his tone. MinJi was not the girl who loved to entertain others' emotion so she cringed a bit with a drama that was created by ChangHyun in front of her class.

            “There must be another way for you to repay me, right? You don’t have to burden yourself.” MinJi tried to persuade him and there it went again. ChangHyun showed her his sad and disappointed face.

            “But I’m sincere with it…” MinJi sighed and bit her lips. Her ears jerked up when she listened to her classmates again.

            “She wants to reject that boy?”

            “No way. He is her first admirer.” That was it. MinJi was losing her patience. She decided to turn her head and looked at her classmates with a horror look. Her classmates were taken aback and decided to ignore her. They did not dare to create a fuss with MinJi, knowing what she was capable of. MinJi was indeed a person you should be scared of. MinJi then turned her face at ChangHyun.

            “Alright. Since there is no other way, you can give me the sandwich and the milk but not in front of my class.” MinJi said, giving in to him. However, she had her own condition. She did not want ChangHyun to send her the sandwich and the milk in front of her class. She was uncomfortable when her classmates talked about her and paired her up with ChangHyun. ChangHyun frowned upon what she said.

            “Then? Where can I give you all this?”

            “Just give it to me at my locker. Can you? Don’t come to my class again.” ChangHyun nodded his head.

            “Alright. But why don't you allow me to come to your class? Is it wrong?” MinJi smiled awkwardly at his innocent question. ChangHyun was really pure to understand what was happening around him.

            “No, it’s not like that. I just don’t want to burden you.” ChangHyun smiled in relief. He thought it was wrong and she did not like it. If it happened, he would never be able to meet his life saviour again.

            “Ouh. That’s good to hear.” ChangHyun commented. Both of them looked up when the bell rang.

            “Nuna, I will be leaving for my class. Annyeong!” ChangHyun smiled and waved his hand at her. He turned around and ran a bit to his class. Luckily he had his books already. All he had to do was to rush to his class and hoped that the teacher did not come in first. MinJi waved him goodbye too and smiled a little. She looked at the sandwich and the milk in her hands and sighed. From today onwards, she had to handle the cringe she was feeling inside. She walked into her class and avoided her classmate’s look.

            “Song NaRa, what have you done this time?” Mrs Chen looked at NaRa who had the I-don’t-care face. Mrs Chen was leaning at the side of her table and crossed her arms on her chest. It was already the fifth period of the day and the students had finished their break. However, NaRa was called to the discipline room for all her fault that day.

            “What have I done?” NaRa jerked her eyebrow and Mrs Chen rolled her eyes. She was used with this act of NaRa. If only she was not a teacher, she would have choked the girl in front of her right now.

            “MinSoo, please list all her fault today.” Mrs Chen said to MinSoo who was watching both of them. MinSoo stood straight and cleared his throat. He looked at his small notebook where all NaRa’s fault was written.

            “Late for class.” He said.

            “As usual.” NaRa commented.

     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter