Class 16

The Beau and The Belle [EDITTING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            NaRa arrived at school early today after she forced her driver to drive her early in the morning. She did not know why but lately she felt like she wanted to reach school early so she woke up at 5 o’clock and then bang her driver’s room that was placed at the ground floor of her house. However, the result of coming early to school was she did not have time to eat her breakfast that was usually prepared by her maid. She went out of her house before the maid could even grab a pot because usually the maid would prepare the breakfast for the whole family. Hence, NaRa had to go to the café and buy some food for her to survive that day. She chose a seat that was placed in the middle of the café as there was no people around it. She started to eat her breakfast silently while her eyes wandered, searching for another prey today. She almost choked on her food when her head was hit by something. She looked the thing in front of her to see a red cap was the thing that was thrown to her. She turned her back to see the person who messed with her and found a smiling MinSoo in front of her.

            “Yah! What is wrong with you?!” She scolded him and MinSoo walked closer to her. NaRa turned back and continued to eat her meal. She could feel the chair beside her was pulled by MinSoo as he sat on it.

            “You ask me what’s wrong with me? Have you forgotten that you locked me up in a toilet?” MinSoo said while narrowing his eyes at her who was eating like nothing happened before. He waited for one hour that day in the toilet before one of the gardeners heard him and broke the doorknob with a hammer. He shook his head, did not want to remember about it anymore. It was nauseous to sit in the toilet and he swore he would never stay longer than 5 minutes in the toilet. NaRa had finished her meal and she cleaned with a tissue before she turned to look at MinSoo beside her. Her lips formed a mischievous smile.

            “Oh yeah. I forgot about it. You’re safe, finally.” MinSoo was pissed off with her tone and without warning, he grabbed NaRa’s wrist and dragged her out of the café. Other students were looking at them and of course, they all started to gossip about it. NaRa was shocked when her body was dragged by MinSoo and she had no choice but to follow where MinSoo was going. NaRa was nervous actually because as she knew, MinSoo usually ignored her sarcastic and annoying comments but today he looked furious and even dragged her to the gym. MinSoo closed the gym door with his leg and he pushed NaRa to the wall, making her gasp.

            “MinSoo, what is wrong with you?!” She asked as she looked at MinSoo’s scowled face. MinSoo heaved in a deep breath and looked at NaRa in the eyes. His hands were holding her shoulders as he pushed her to the wall.

            “NaRa, tell me… why are you behaving like this?” MinSoo finally asked the question that lingered in his mind after a long time. He was desperate to know the reason she behaved like this. For all the moments he spent with NaRa, he grew confused because NaRa was a sweet and delicate girl. Not to forget, she was intelligent too but something must have caused her to behave like a brat in the school and he wanted to know what that was. He did not have any intentions to humiliate her. He just wanted to help her, knowing that actually the girl in front of him was a normal girl who loved to put a mask in front of everyone.

            “Let me go!” NaRa shouted at him after she heard his question. As usual, she would find a way to escape from the question. That was also the reason that made MinSoo determined to do this. She kept avoiding the question and MinSoo knew from it, that she was hiding something by herself and it needed someone special to unleash it.

            “I will not let you go until you tell me why are you behaving like this.” MinSoo replied.

            “If I tell you, you can’t do anything to help me!” She snapped him back.

            “Tell me, NaRa. I will help you.” MinSoo said to her. This time, his voice was soft as he was persuading her to tell him. NaRa bit her lips and observed MinSoo’s face. She searched for his eyes and she knew he was sincere to help her but then she could not let him know. She shook her head and looked away.

            “You won’t understand.” She replied weakly.

            “Tell me.” MinSoo demanded. NaRa grew frustrated with that. She did not know why MinSoo would not give up. Did he not understand what she was saying just now? NaRa looked at MinSoo again and this time with a very daring face.

            “What if I don’t want?”

            “I will kiss you.” MinSoo could not help but to play along with her. He knew NaRa was a bit sensitive with all skinships. He noticed it when she visited him at his house. NaRa smirked when she heard that. She knew that MinSoo would not dare to do it so she spoke up.

            “Like you have the guts to kiss me.”

            “Why not? Now, tell me.” MinSoo replied, still did not let go of her. NaRa continued to shake her head.

            “Never.” And that was the moment she had pushed the wrong button. MinSoo leaned in a fast motion and landed his lips on her lips. He pulled back when NaRa pushed him by the chest. Her eyes widened in shock.

            “Yah! Are you crazy?! Let me go!” She shouted as she struggled to let herself go from his grip. MinSoo was upset with her stubbornness. He had lost his first kiss to her just to make her answer his question and she was still behaving like this.

            “Tell me, NaRa! Tell me!” Without he even realised, he already yelled at her as he was caught by his emotion. NaRa was startled with his outburst and slowly, her tears streamed down on her cheeks. Her body was trembling from his yell and her lips quivered. Her eyes were enough to tell him that she was scared at that time. MinSoo sighed and let go of her. He messed up his hair and looked back at NaRa. It was the first time he saw NaRa cried and he felt bad that he was able to make the trouble maker cry. He stepped back and gulped.

            “I’m sorry, NaRa.” He said and was about to get out but NaRa pulled his hand and crashed herself to his chest, hugging him like her life was depending on him. MinSoo was startled with her act but then placed his hand on her back to caress her.

            “Just let it go, NaRa. I just want to help you.” He whispered to her. NaRa was sobbing and MinSoo knew that the rest of her tears were the tears that she held inside all these while. NaRa shook her head and continued to cry.

            “You can never help me.”

            “Tell me, NaRa. What actually happened?” Both of them were still hugging each other. NaRa did not bother to flinch when she was close with MinSoo because in his hug, she felt the warmth that she longed before.

            “I admit that I am studying hard but all of that is for myself. I want to study abroad because there’s no one who will care for me.” She finally opened up her heart to tell him slowly.

            “Why did you say that? There are so many people here who care for you.”

            “But not my parents.” MinSoo went silent for a while.

            “What have they done to you?” He asked after he figured out that maybe NaRa was abandoned by her own parents.

            “After they divorced, I’m lonely. The one that always accompanies me is a credit card that my parents give me. I live with my mother because my dad moved to America. You know, my mom never cares about me. All she knows is her company and that rich boyfriend of hers.” NaRa continued to pour out her feeling. MinSoo shook his head when he heard the broken girl.

            “Is that the only reason you become a trouble maker at school?”

            “You think what my mom is going to do if she find out what have I done at school?” NaRa asked back, telling him to think of her real reason.

            “Well, of course she will scold you and ask you why you did that.”

            “You’re right. I want her attentions and I want her to ask me why but she never asks.” NaRa said and she had stopped crying. All that MinSoo could hear was her sniff. MinSoo nodded and hugged her tighter.

            “Now I understand you, NaRa.” MinSoo said. Yes, he finally understood her. She was abandoned by her own mother and she did all of the trouble at school, hoping that the school would report to her mother and she would gain some attentions even by getting a scold. However, her intelligence that was supposed to help her get out from Korea later had prevented all the reports from reaching her mother.

            “You can’t help me, right?”

            “There’s a way to solve it, NaRa.” MinSoo assured her and NaRa did not reply him. She continued to snuggle closer to him. It had been years since she got to hug s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter