VIII

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

That night when I return to my house, I couldn’t help but think how am I supposed to get close to Kai. We didn’t start on a good term, so this is hard. It’s been almost a month and half now since my first encounter with him and he still glares at me everytime he sees me in school. We have no connection or whatsoever, my circle of friends doesn’t revolve around him, we’re not in the same grade, not in the same class, not in the same club. We’re practially two worlds apart.

So here I am, lying on my bed, thinking of methods to use and paths to take to start anew with Kai. Hmmm damn it, ended up with none. And then suddenly my phone rings and I turn my head to take a look at the phone which is placed beside my head on the bed.

Unknown number.

 

“Hello,” I pick up. Silence.

“Hellooooooo.” I try again. For once I thought it might be Amy, you know maybe she finally comes to her sense and decides to call to apologize. I’m actually praying hard for that to happen so that I can finally stop thinking on getting close to Kai to get my revenge on her, but then again my prayer is not answered that night as I hear a boy clears his throat on the other line.

“Hello.” The boy says. Oh wait, this is familiar, the voice is familiar!

“He-llo.” I stammer.

“Rainbow?” The boy asks and almost in an instant I grin. This is him.

“Kai.” I say, acknowledging who’s calling.

“Yeahh, it’s me.” He answers.

“What is it?” I ask, trying to sound as nice as I can, but deep inside I feel like screaming and yelling to this boy.

“Look, you know, I’m calling to tell you that, hmmmm, that I’m sorry.” He says. I widen my eyes upon hearing. Kai said his sorry, the freaking annoying Kai said he's sorry, this must be a miracle.

“I’m sorry for being a jerk to you when we first met, and I’m sorry I set you up with your mom, I’m also sorry for trying to humiliate you in the broadcast room, I’m sorry I cut your name from the audition list. I’m sorry, I’m just so so sorry for everthing.” He continues. I pinch my thigh, trying to check if this is real and trying to make sure I’m not dreaming. Kai apologizing to me meaning I’m one step closer to him than Amy. Oh God, thank You.

“You know, I’m sorry too. Even if you were mean to me, I should’ve at least tried to be nice but I didn’t. And I’m sorry for the whole twitter and fake messages I’ve sent to your girlfriends that night.” I chuckle lightly when I say that. Now that Kai have choosen a path, all I need to do is just to walk and roll on it and make sure I reach my destination. My revenge on Amy.

“So, I guess, zero zero?” Kai asks.

“Zero zero, yes.” I agree.

“Good, so hey, I’m Kai.” He says and I smile a bit at that.

“Still, you’re not a Japenese but hello Kai, I’m Violet.” I reply and then I hear he chuckles.

“Hello, I still prefer to call you Rainbow, tho.” He answers and then we both giggle.

“So, what were you doing before I called you?” He asks. Hmmm, I was actually thinking on getting my revenge on my bestfriend by using you.

“Nothing, just lying on my bed doing nothing. You?” I ask back.

“I was thinking on what to say to you.” He simply answers and I blink. Wow, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say he’s flirting with me, but no, this is Kai, and he just really good in sweet talking girls.

“And thank you, you know, for forgiving me. I was worrying if you would have just hang up once you hear my voice.” He says and I blink again. Damn it, this boy is really good with words. 

“It’s okay, thanks for even putting in the effort to apologize.” I reply.

“No problem. Hmmm,so I’ll see you in school tomorrow?” Kai asks. Oh holly yes, you’ll be seeing me more and more now, given the fact that I actually need you for my retribution towards Amy.

“Yeahh sure, I’ll see you in school tomorrow.”

 

We both hang up and I swear I am grinning like a mad woman. This must be miracle, I don’t have to worry about Kai hating on me anymore, now I just need to focus on getting Kai to be my boyfriend and when it happen, Amy will regret for even thinking on betraying me. , I know Karma will take it’s time to hit you, so let me ing do the honour first.

 

*************

 

“So V, I’ve done some background research about Kai.” Kimberly tells me once I am seated in her car. The previous night after Kai called me, Kim had called me and asked me to come to school with her today. Simply because she said she have things to tell me. Now I am finally here in her car, I realizes that those ‘things’ are about Kai.

“Wow, what are you? Private investigator?” I scoff at her.

“V, you’re getting yourself involved with a boy we barely know. I should have at least check up on him before allowing you to do this. Who know he might be a serial killer.” Kim says and then I roll my at eyes at her. Kimberly and her precautionary steps. Hah, typical.

“First, he’s 17, and he sure does not look like a serial killer....”

“Most serial killer doesn’t look like serial killer too!” She rebutes and then I sigh, this is impossible.

“Alright, fine. Spit it out, what did you found?” I ask and then she takes something out from her back pack. I notice her driver steals few glances at us through the mirror, poor the old man. He must have been dying to know what we’re talking about. Kim then hands me a brown envelope and then appear few sheets of A4 papers inside it.

“His full biography, background on his family, what his family does for living….”

“Ok stop this crap, I’m not going to read all of this. Summarize it for me.” I cut her.

“Fine, since you’re so lazy to do the reading, then let me tell you. So basically, his na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter