XXIX

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Violet

 

Wednesday. I put on the necklace Kai returned and embrace myself for another day. I hate that dude, seriously. It’s not enough that he put me through hell before, now he’s putting me there again by returning the necklace. He’s just trying to find a way to hurt me, why else could be the reason of him not accepting the necklace back?

 

But this is Kai we’re talking about, and when we talk about Kai, we’re dealing with high level of ego and mountains of self esteem, and I want to show to him I’ll get through this, I’ll wear his necklace and show him I’m not affected at all, he doesn’t affect me at all.

 

School is just plain boring, like usual. Now I hear rumors going around about how me and Kai are not a thing anymore. Amy havent tried anything funny or irritating yet, and I dread that to happen. When the first period is over, Kim closes her book and then turn to look at me. She widens her eyes at what she sees.


“Oh my God you’re wearing Kai’s necklace, I didn’t notice that when we were on our way to school just now.” She says. I roll my eyes at her and then close my own book.

“It’s Kai. He returned it back. He’s just trying to annoy me, seriously. And I’m just gonna shove it right to his face.” I reply. She nods and then she takes out her book for the second period.

“Urm, V, I don’t know if I should say this....but Luhan told me something.” She says and then I nod at her, signalling her to just tell away.

“He said Kai’s not happy with you guys breaking up.” She tells me and immediately I scoff at her.

“Of course he’s not happy. He didn’t succeed for the bet, I found out about it. He’s just egoistic that’s why.” I speak up my mind.

“No, it’s not like that. I thought it was like that too, but Luhan said Kai’s behaving really bad around them since last Saturday. He didn’t hang out with them anymore, the boys didn’t even know where he went after school.” Kim explains. 

“Kim, don’t you get it? I think this is the first time he ever failed in a bet, that’s why he didn’t hang out with them anymore, he’s embarrased. I told you, it’s his ego.” I explain to her again.

“Urgh, there’s no point in trying to shove this through your thick skull.” Kim gives up and then she opens her book.

“You know, how’s thing going on between you and Luhan? I mean, with what Kai did to me, I don’t think we can trust any of these boys right?” I ask Kim.

“Well, you seems to trust Kris,” She says. I’m about to protest but she cuts me. “And, Luhan and I are not in that kind of relationship like you had with Kai, we’re just friends.” Kim says and then the teacher comes in before I can make any further reply to Kim.

 

 

Lunch is more dreadful now. Every girls are giving me that glare, I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. But seriously, the way they look at me is like they’re finally relieve I and Kai are done but they still hate me. I sit with Kim and few other girls from our class in café today. The girls on my table are talking about the newest band and shopping and make-up tips. I smile at Kim countless of time, can not believe that these part of girl stuffs I’ve been missing this whole time when I was too preocuppied with Kai.  Once they stop talking, they continue eating their lunch. Then, one of the girl clears and calls for me.

“Ehem, so Violet, do you mind if we ask something?” Ji Min asks me. I nod at her, and mentally praying, please don’t ask about Kai, please don’t ask about Kai, please don’t ask about Kai.

“Is it true? That you and Kai are not together anymore?” She asks. Oh perfect, my life is a living joke. I slowly nod at her and bite my lip.

“Yeah, we called it off.” I shortly answer and then I feel Kim nudge me at my side.

“Oh, we’re sorry to hear that.” Ji Min slowly says and then I fake a smile at her.

I resume eating my lunch until my heart urge me to lift my head and look at one direction. As expected, Kai is there, and I swear he is smirking at me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 weeks. It’s been 2 weeks after I ended thing with Kai. It’s been a hell of 2 weeks anyway. I dream of him most of the night I end up crying. I feel like I see him around me, watching me but that must be just me imagining thing. I hear people gossip about Kai now, how they hear that he got a new girlfriend from another school but Kim constantly tells me that it isnt true, well from what Luhan tells her. Not like I care, okay well, maybe I care, but it’s not like I can do anything if it turns out to be true. Kai is a playboy, he’s not going to get a hearbreak from one bad relationship, not going to cry over me and keep seeing memories of me and him. He’ll do what he always do, move on and get a new girlfriend. I still wear his necklace, because really, I try to keep it inside the box under my drawer, but I keep hearing my heart screaming and yelling at me to wear it and it only shut up once the necklace is on my neck. It’s crazy, I must have been losing my mind.

 

 

“Alright, I hope you guys are ready. The competition for district level is tomorrow.” My teacher reminds us once we’re finished with training that evening.

“Tonight, get a good night sleep. Rest your mind, you’ll be brainstorming a lot tomorrow.” She continues and then we all nod at her. After few more advices, we’re dismissed and I’m gathering my things when I hear Kris calls for me and that’s when I realize it’s only us two now in the room. .

 

“Violet.”

“Yeahh.” I reply and heave a sigh before I turn to look at him.

“You’re okay?” He asks me.

“Of course I’m okay.” I fake a grin at him.

“Good, I just want to say sorry again. For everything that happened that night. I know it’s an old news, but it doesn’t seem like any of us are getting over it. It’s still a fresh scar, isn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter