XXVIII

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Violet

 

 

The necklace is there, in the box, in my locker.

Why? Why is he doing this?

I frantically look around, trying to find if Kai is nearby or his groups of friends. None. I heave a sigh and then turn my gaze to the box in my hand.

 

I quickly close the box and put it inside my bag. I hurriedly take my books and walk to my classroom. In my mind I’m praying not to bump into Kai, or any of his friends. Not even Kris. I’m not ready. Not yet. When I arrive in the class, I quickly sit beside Kim and place my bag on the table.

 

“Kim, have you given the necklace to Luhan?” I ask her. Kim closes her book and looks at me.

“Yeah, I met Luhan straight away after I left your house yesterday evening.” She answer. “And Luhan texted me somewhere around 11 like that last night, he said he gave it to Kai already.” She continues. “Why?” She asks. I abruptly shakes my head and shrugs at her.

“Nothing.” I lie. I steal a few glance at Amylia and Hyo Rin that are sitting beside us. No reaction. They probably don’t know what happen yet. I roll my eyes, and sigh at my own destiny. I can’t believe I put my own heart on the line just to get back at that .

 

 

 

 

I dread lunch, because lunch is when everybody meet everybody. I walk with Kim from class to the café, and sit with her in the café. I glance at the table Kai and his friends used to sit, there’s nobody, yet.

 

Few minutes after that, my hell starts. Kai’s friend start walking in one by one. First it’s Sehun, then it’s Tao, then it’s D.O. After that I see Baekhyun making his way, playing with his phone, and almost bump into one girl if it’s not for his fast reflexes. Behind him is Luhan, then it’s Chanyeol. That’s it. No Kai, no other dudes. I breath out for now and resume eating my lunch.

 

 

Call me crazy but once Kai set his on the chair my head lift up in no time to look at him. I’m not sure what triggers me that tells me that he’s there, I just did. I just feel like looking and then there he is. Maybe it’s the instinct. Or maybe I’m just crazy. He’s putting his mineral water and his tray of lunch on the table. Mineral water, Kai likes to drink mineral water. He don’t like carbonated drink like the rest of the dudes, and I am reminded of bottles of mineral water that he keeps in his locker and the day he gave me one. , what the hell am I thinking. His eyes then wanders and rest on mine, then quickly I look down to my food again. Holy crap, he looks good. Does everything that happen on last Saturday didn’t affect him at all? Neh, I guess not. He don’t even care. I continue eating and I notice few stares from other girls in the café, probably wondering why am I not sitting with Kai. I hear my name and Kai being mentioned few times and I roll my eyes at every mention. I finish my meal quickly, I don’t think I can stand any second being in the same room with him, and having other people talk about us like they know our story, like they know what I’ve been through, like they know what he put me through.

 

 

The debate practice is horrible. I couldn’t look Kris in the eyes, but I can see he’s trying to make an effort to talk to me. To be normal again. Maybe one day I’ll laugh about this and forget about what happen between me and Kai, but not today. I avoid Kris as much as I can, and I think Bo Na and Young Do notice something is off with us today. They must be, it is so obvious.

 

After the practice end, I wait for my driver in the foyer of the school. Funny, I’m not used to this, at all. I stand there awkwardly, alone. Most of the kids have already went back since the schooling hour finished 3 hours ago and I’m thankful for that. I don’t think I can stand waiting there with all other kids looking at me. I’ve never waited like this. I used to come and go with Kim or Amy. After I date Kai, he picked me up and sent me home every day. But I guess now things changed. Kim don’t stay back because obviously I’m the one who in training, and of course, Kai is not in the list since we already broke up. Or whatever term you call it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter