XXV

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ludos…..

 

When Kai arrives in front of Violet’s house that night to pick her up for the dinner he can feel his heart thumping like it’s going to give out soon. He feels excited, he feels elevated, he feels nervous, he feels all at once. He curses under his breath, as this is an emotion he’s not used to deal with. Kai grows up having people admire him, he is used to make girls nervous around him, but not the other way round. And for once, with Violet, she makes him feel like he’s coming undone. He takes out his phone from his pocket and texts the girl that causes him to shiver in his own car.

 

To : Violet

Message : I’m here.

 

Almost in an instant, there’s a reply.

 

From : Violet

Message : I heard you, gimme 5 minutes!

 

He feels so suffocated in the car, so he goes out and then leans against his car bonnet, hands in his pockets. After a few minutes, he hears the door creaks open and he lifts his head automatically. There, he sees her.

 

His first thought is don’t blink. He thinks he needs not to blink because she can disappear if he does. Because this girl that stands in front of him is so beautiful, so flawless, so faultless, he almost thinks like he’s in a dream. Many times he feels his heart contracting at the idea to lunge forward and take her into his arm, to wrap his hands around that tiny adorable waist of her and breath in her scent. But he holds his horses, and stands his ground, because if he did that, he doesn’t know if he will be able to let go; so he savours each part of her he is seeing. There she stands gloriously in her long black dress, coming in at her waist with a silvery diamond belt-like pattern. He growls inside when he realize that the dress is cut on the side, revealing her milky white leg, in his mind he’s already bothered by the thought of other guy looking at her later, boring their eyes into her skin, and he doesn't like it. He doesn't like at all.

 

“Kai?” She calls for him and that’s when he finally blinks. He clears his throat and shakes his head.

“Sweetheart.” He replies and then he walks forward. Taking her hand into his.

“You’re alright?” Violet asks her and then he chuckles at her.

“Of course I’m alright. My girlfriend is exceptionally stunning tonight.” He says and then he kisses her hand. She can’t help but to blush at his comment, because no matter how used she is to all his sweet talk and flirtatious line, he still makes her heart skip a beat everytime he says things to her.

“I can say the same to my boyfriend too.” She replies and his lips curve upward in no time. She doesn't usually flirt back with him, but when she does, he finds his heart does this crazy thing inside his chest. He feels the weight of the world falls off his shoulder. He doesn’t know how she does it, it just happens. 

“I have something for you.” He says and then she raises her eyebrows at him, demanding more details. He then sneaks his hand under his coat, second after that, he brings out a box and presents it in front of her.

“What is it?” She asks when he smiles at her. He opens his book with one of his arm, and there laying in the box, is the most beautiful necklace she has ever seen in her entire life. It’s just a simple silver necklace, knowing Kai, it might be white gold; instead of silver, the chain of the necklace is thin and it’s shimmering inside the box waiting to be wore. Violet smiles at the sight of it, and smiles even wider when she sees the pendant of the necklace, it’s a tone purple violet crystal.

“You like it?” Kai asks and Violet nods her head without giving it any second thought.

“You know it’s really hard to differentiate between purple and violet, I keep getting it wrong, thinking it’s violet but the shopkeeper tells me it’s purple, then I have to search again in another store. I think I at least went to 20 different jewellery store for this.” He tells her.

“Really? Then how did you manage to find it?” She asks him, intrigue to know.

“I came to learn that purple is usually the darker shades of purple, more striking. Violet on the other hand is the lighter shade of purple, it’s softer, more soothing, more beautiful, like the flower.” He explains and she swears she feels her heart flutters at the word flower. “Let me put it on you.” He says and quickly takes out the necklace from the box. He then walks to her back, and carefully place the necklace on her neck. He then adjusts her hair and walks back to her front, facing her.

She looks down on her neck now, inspecting the necklace. When she’s done, she tiptoes a bit, as high as she can, then she softly plants a kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you.” She says while smiling at him.

“Anything for my girl.” He replies.

 

 

 

When Kris and Jessica arrive in the hall that night, Kris knows he needs to get away from her. She’s been so clingy, linking arm with him the whole time. Dragging him here and there and makes him talk to her friends. It’s not that Kris doesn’t like Jessica, it’s just that he’s not into her as much as she is into him. He thinks she’s pretty and that’s it. They’re in the same grade and their families know each other so they’re pratically friends since they were born. But Jessica has always remain as a friend for Kris, until that night Jessica confessed to him, and being a gentleman he always is, he said yes. For the sake of preserving their friendship and maintaining the relationship built between their families. And it doesn’t matter for Kris at that moment because he didn’t like any other girl.

 

“Kris!” He hears a voice calling for him at the back and he thanks God for it. Jessica stops talking to her friend and turn around with Kris to see who’s calling.

“Luhan!” Kris greets back. Luhan is walking with Kimberly and Kris couldn’t help but to notice how lighted up Luhan’s face is.

“Hello Luhan.” Jessica greets as soon as they are standing in front of each other.

“Jessica, you look good.” Luhan says and she smiles at him.

“You’re not so bad yourself, oh and who’s this?” Jessica asks for the girl who’s standing beside Luhan.

“Ah, this, is my date for tonight. Kimberly Khoo.” He introduces Kim to Jessica. Kim bows to her and then she bows back.

“It’s nice meeting you.” Kim is the first one to greet and then Jessica giggles at her.

“Nice meeting you too.” Jessica says.

“Has Vi….er Kai arrived yet?” Kris asks Luhan and Kim.

“No, last time I check they’re still on their way.” Luhan answers.

“Oh, let’s hope they don’t get lost in their own world and make it to the dinner tonight.” Jessica jokes and Luhan smiles with her, but Kim notice the tense in Kris’ face, and she doesn’t like the way it looks.

 

 

 

One table occupies 12 people. So the boys split into two tables since they all are bringing their own dates. When Violet finds out that she’s sitting on the same table with Kris she feel gushes of annoyance running through her vain. She knows she has to put whatsoever feeling she has for Kris behind, but seeing how clingy Jessica is to him somehow ticks her off tonight. Luhan and Kim are sitting on another table which is adding to Violet’s annoyance. They listen to the speech delivered by the principal and representative from the teacher and parent association, after that they begin on feasting. Soon, it’s the ball dance. Surprisingly, Kai refuses to dance no matter how hard the boys try to force him.

“But why?” Baekhyun whines when Kai tells him he’ll pass the dance tonight.

“I don’t feel like it.” Kai answers, Violet somehow feel grateful for Kai’s refusal, as she herself doesn’t feel like dancing and she knows if Kai decided to dance, she’ll be dragged as well.

“Violeeeeeeet, can you knock some sense into his head?” Baekhyun now is whining to Violet. A smile creeps upon her face and then she turns to look at Kai who is sitting beside her, Kai then shrugs his shoulder at her, giving her the ‘up to you’ look.

“Sorry Baekyhun, I think my boyfriend is a little bit out of the mood tonight.” She says and Kai smiles at the word boyfriend.

“Seriously, what is wrong with the two of you. Fine then, we’ll just go.” Baekhyun says, frustrated that thing is not going in his favor. The rest of the boys have already begin dancing on the floor, and Violet smiles that Kim and Luhan are no exception. But strangely, Kris and Jessica are not there. She frowns as she starts imagining things, then she silently prays that they’re not in some secluded area of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter